PDA

View Full Version : Buy Four Tires, Get Two 500 Tix Free

FCYTravis
05-18-05, 02:51 PM
"I just heard a radio ad for Firestone. Apparently if you buy 4 new tires from any participating Firestone dealer you get two reserved seat tickets for the 500."

Yup, they're desperate.

devilmaster
05-18-05, 02:52 PM
"I just heard a radio ad for Firestone. Apparently if you buy 4 new tires from any participating Firestone dealer you get two reserved seat tickets for the 500."

Yup, they're desperate.

Can it be any type of Firestone tyre, or does it have to be the Firehawk Indy 500 model?

At least one moniker still works - 'The greatest spectacle in racing' - too bad it has a decidedly negative connotation now....

Methanolandbrats
05-18-05, 02:53 PM

Yup, they're desperate. Ya, but don't ya have to buy those Indy Specials with white lettering on them. I suppose if they're not directional ya could mount em inside out. :)

KobySon
05-18-05, 03:03 PM
Ya, but don't ya have to buy those Indy Specials with white lettering on them. I suppose if they're not directional ya could mount em inside out. :)

Even if they were mounted inside out, I still wouldn't want the tix. :p

cameraman
05-18-05, 03:06 PM

Yup, they're desperate.

Hate to burst your bubble but the exact same offer was available for Long Beach.

FCYTravis
05-18-05, 03:11 PM
Long Beach isn't the 500.

Long Beach never sold out months in advance.

Long Beach never claimed to be the "Greatest Spectacle in Racing."

devilmaster
05-18-05, 03:21 PM
Ya, but don't ya have to buy those Indy Specials with white lettering on them. I suppose if they're not directional ya could mount em inside out. :)

My dakota's 2nd set of tyres were Firehawks (bought when Champcar still used them)... They were good, but i could not bring myself to buy them again with the indy 500 lettering on it. It was just wrong, regardless if the wording was hidden.

No complaints of the yoko avid s/t's that i now have.

G.
05-18-05, 03:36 PM
Buy a Motorcycle at Chicago Cycle (sumptin), get two free tix to Milwaukee for Champcar.

Andrew Longman
05-18-05, 10:02 PM
Too bad I just paid $600 to take the POS Bridgestones off my Acura TL and replace them with Yokohamas.

I'd love to support the CCWS sponsor but in my case they made a lousy product (supported by my own experience and consumer feedback I found on the internet) and so I was faced with a choice between an expensive Michelin product and a high performing, lower cost, Atlantics sponsoring Yokohama.

Easy choice. Free Tx would make no difference.

Ziggy
05-18-05, 11:07 PM
Come to Indianapolis, walk down Georgetown Road on Saturday May 28th, and get all the two for one tickets you can imagine.

That's the standard deal nowdays. Scalpers will pay face value to you for a pair, then make about thirty dollars profit on the one ticket when they sell that pair.

ie, they dont even get face value.

of course, the better the seats, the more money the scalper is going to charge

Indy is dead. 8K for timetrials was a generous number

G.
05-18-05, 11:09 PM
What is this Indy, of which you speak?? :confused:

FTG :flame:

Don Quixote
05-18-05, 11:41 PM
This is just another step along the vision path. Soon they will give away half the tickets. Its all about the by400 now anyway. It wouldn't shock me if they remove more grandstands, and erect temp stands in the same location for the 400. And the true believers still say that things are good.

Rus'L
05-19-05, 10:21 PM
This is just another step along the vision path. Soon they will give away half the tickets. Its all about the by400 now anyway. It wouldn't shock me if they remove more grandstands, and erect temp stands in the same location for the 400. And the true believers still say that things are good.

Why bother doing that when they can just move the 400 to the last weekend in May and run it for 500 miles.

It will happen. Mark my words.

Jervis Tetch 1
05-19-05, 11:31 PM
This never would have happened pre 1996 :mad:

mueber
05-20-05, 04:31 PM
It's good news.

Fans who want to “save” open wheel must decline to do business with Tony George in general and to patronize the Gomerville 500 in particular as the least they are willing to do.

oddlycalm
05-20-05, 04:43 PM
And the true believers still say that things are good. Just like any other empty headed cult members, they would smile and say that even if TG fed 'em turds on buns to go with their koolaid.

oc