PDA

View Full Version : Damage Control: Propaganda Shill Team in Full Swing

racer2c
05-18-05, 10:37 AM
I caught the last 15 minutes of ESPN's Indy coverage yesterday. They obviously have nothing of any real substance to report on because they decided it would be more eggciting for their viewers to fill ten minutes on the "Most eggciting finishes in IRL history". You remember those side by side finishes at Sparta and Kansas right? Of course ya do.

Then Punch kissed Brainfart for a few minutes. Brianfart talked about what they were going to do about getting engines. Of course, he spins it into this whole thing about getting the manufactures feedback and not announcing anything until after Indy so as not to disrupt the event. Cuz it will disrupt, I'm sure.

Then Punch went on to say how awesome "Tony's 'vision' has been in order to "grow" the IRL into what it is today". Yes, he actually used the words ‘vision’ and ‘grow’.

It was the most nauseating 15 minutes of TV I've ever witnessed.

Methanolandbrats
05-18-05, 11:15 AM
Up until "pole day" this year I thought Punch was just pulling a paycheck. Now it's clear he's just another Gomer Moron. Screw him.

DagoFast
05-18-05, 11:24 AM
It's really amazing everyone involved with the .05rl don't have beards.

How do they shave everyday?

Spicoli
05-18-05, 11:36 AM
I was barside winding up to watch the Pacers (Grrrrr) blow it against Detroit, and this crap was on.

They really need to get a clue. THERE IS NO MORE STORY AT INDY. ITS JUST A RACE NOW. Tony fixed things again.

Btw - just video, wasn't listening, anyone have exact repsonse Brainfart gave?

Andrew Longman
05-18-05, 12:28 PM
Up until "pole day" this year I thought Punch was just pulling a paycheck. Now it's clear he's just another Gomer Moron. Screw him.

I think he may still be just pulling a check. But the formula and talking points are pretty clear. Its no different whether Jenkins, Arute or Punch are doing it, they are all given the same script. And since there is no other news or drama to talk about Punch reverts to the script. You don't really believe that the broadcast partner is going to say that Indy now sucks do you? Especially when there is nothing to be done about it.

When Monday Night Football finds itself with an unfortunate match up, they usually are candid about how "disappointed and frustrated tonight's team are", but they can usually find a few bright spots and help viewers look forward to next week's game.

But in the case of the IRL, the problems is with the series itself and the league's owner. It's like when the Networks broadcast NFL strike games with replacement players. There was no way to believably dress that up and they only had the players and owners to blame.

Winston Wolfe
05-18-05, 12:36 PM
Guys, this is the BEST that it gets for ABC and their contractual obligation with the EARL....

This is the EARL eqivalent of the "Kentucky Derby".
This is the EARL equivalent of the 1970's WWoS "F1 Monaco Grand Prix".

After their undying efforts to create a story..... any kind of story...... and any kind of drama they can dream up, fabricate, latch on to, etc..... at the end of the day, there is no story, there is no drama, and the announcers, pit lane reported, color commentary guys, and everyone simply CANNOT believe that there is anything worthwhile.

"tell us what is going through your mind right now"
"What can you tell us about your feelings about the magic of Indy"
"How special is it for you to be here right now"

These guys are guzzling KoolAid right now, and the hangover is going to last a long time after they leave..... :shakehead

cart7
05-18-05, 12:44 PM
This is what the earl has resorted to for "Big" news at Indy

http://hotrod.com/racers/113_0504_danica_01_z.jpg

Those don't look big at all. :gomer:

Newtpal
05-18-05, 01:26 PM

What is she showing off? I can't see anything.

Methanolandbrats
05-18-05, 01:29 PM
Damn, works for me. At least she does'nt look 12 years old in that photo.

theunions
05-18-05, 01:34 PM
It's really amazing everyone involved with the .05rl don't have beards.

How do they shave everyday?

Then you clearly weren't watching Ray in the booth during ABC quals or Mikey strutting his stuff on pit lane. :D

tllips
05-18-05, 02:04 PM

It works a hell of a lot better than a picture of Helio or Weldon.

Mike Kellner
05-18-05, 02:07 PM
I know this is a dumb question, but don't you normally wear fireproof long underwear under that suit? Did she forget hers, or was it left out for artistic reasons.

That is art? Right?

mk

DagoFast
05-18-05, 02:17 PM
I know this is a dumb question, but don't you normally wear fireproof long underwear under that suit? Did she forget hers, or was it left out for artistic reasons.

That is art? Right?

mk

Um, no....that's "pandering".

KobySon
05-18-05, 02:29 PM
pandering or no, I'm wonder if she shaves everyday.

Napoleon
I know this is a dumb question, but don't you normally wear fireproof long underwear under that suit?

Actually, not necessarily, depending on the fire suit rating. Of course I am sure that didn't factor into anything dealing with the picture.

Spicoli
I hope she's gettin paid well.

Buddy Rice would hit that, but hell, he hits everything. :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
05-18-05, 02:54 PM
Ya know, if rumors are true she could walk around naked in the IRL paddock and not have to worry. :)

Mike Kellner
05-18-05, 02:57 PM
Ya know, if rumors are true she could walk around naked in the IRL paddock and not have to worry.

Now, now. I am sure a few of them like girls. :laugh:

mk

lone_groover
05-18-05, 03:08 PM
Speaking just for me, myself and I: that Danica ain't nuthin' but FINE, FINE, FINE - as Dave Edmunds would say......

:)

:gomer:

Methanolandbrats
05-18-05, 03:13 PM
Speaking just for me, myself and I: that Danica ain't nuthin' but FINE, FINE, FINE - as Dave Edmunds would say......

:)

:gomer: You have fine taste, hopefully that photo will be published as a scratch and sniff poster. :thumbup:

Easy
05-18-05, 03:17 PM
That Sportscenter at the Brickyard program last night was some of the cheesiest, see-through propaganda ever created. Maybe it wouldn't seem as bad to the average guy on the street, but they quit watching any of this 9 years ago so I'd guess the only people who enjoyed this were the members of the People's Temple of Tony.

JT265
05-18-05, 04:39 PM

CALL THE COPS!!!!!! SOMEBODY STOLE HER..................................

.......................<well, you know> ;)

Racing Truth
05-18-05, 05:46 PM
That Sportscenter at the Brickyard program last night was some of the cheesiest, see-through propaganda ever created. Maybe it wouldn't seem as bad to the average guy on the street, but they quit watching any of this 9 years ago so I'd guess the only people who enjoyed this were the members of the People's Temple of Tony.

:thumbup: When Punch, whom I generally respect, talked about "Tony's vision" and the "growth of the IRL," I could only :shakehead .

RaceGrrl
05-18-05, 05:54 PM
You'd think since they can 'shop fans in the stands that they could 'shop a rack on her. I hate it that she's in the IRL but still think she's very cute.

FRANKY
05-18-05, 06:02 PM
You'd think since they can 'shop fans in the stands that they could 'shop a rack on her. I hate it that she's in the IRL but still think she's very cute.

Cute is always nice, but who else gender wise in open wheel is even close talent wise? Legge.

Getting there using gimick works in my book, if there is talent behind the gimick.

fourrunner
05-18-05, 06:19 PM
Is Doctor Jerry Punch a Proctologist?

He was fawning over the patient, and Barnhardt as usual, sure seemed to be talking out of his Ass !! ;)

oddlycalm
05-19-05, 04:32 PM
You'd think since they can 'shop fans in the stands that they could 'shop a rack on her. :rofl:
Funny stuff, but don't give those idiots any ideas... :eek: In person she's so petite that it's like talking to an adult in a 10yr old's body. Nice kid, unfortunate career path at the moment.

oc

RaceGrrl
05-19-05, 04:44 PM
Agreed. Richard and I talked to her for a while after the Columbus Town Hall meeting a couple of years ago. I was really impressed by her intensity- too bad it's wasted in the IRL. She needed at least another year in Atlantics to develop. (pun intended)

Ziggy
05-19-05, 04:55 PM
Note to forum members

Jerry Punch hit the ground a Lemming

Been plugging the vision since 1996. He is one of the carpet baggers brought in when Tony threw the baby out with the bathwater.

He's Dave Depain's buttbuddy

rabbit
05-19-05, 05:06 PM
Note to forum members

Been plugging the vision since 1996. He is one of the carpet baggers brought in when Tony threw the baby out with the bathwater.

Yep, he's not just drinking the Kool-Aid, he's been making it and serving it from the beginning.

Spicoli
05-19-05, 06:38 PM
Note to forum members

I heard he named one of his kids A.J.

fourrunner
05-19-05, 07:15 PM
I heard he named one of his kids A.J.

Hope the kid isn't as Bitter & Pathetic as his namesake !

coolhand
05-19-05, 07:17 PM
this needs one big

http://img276.echo.cx/img276/9789/gomer4mk.gif

Night Train
05-19-05, 07:48 PM
From all reports, Dr. Punch is a good guy, but in this case, he shames my University.... :(

RTKar
05-19-05, 09:44 PM
I suppose you can't say anything against anyone the Frances have a business relationship with if you work in NASCAR, so Punch doesn't say anything against tg. :thumdown:

formulaben
05-21-05, 06:36 PM

Maybe it's really "Daniel Patrick" and someone had a good idea...

coolhand
05-21-05, 06:42 PM
Maybe it's really "Daniel Patrick" and someone had a good idea...

http://www.freefirezone.net/images/smilies/cwm8.gif

SurfaceUnits
05-22-05, 11:48 AM
Danical looked cute in her jogging shorts this AM. ;)