lone_groover
05-17-05, 04:11 PM
Too bad.

:cry:

:p

:p

Napoleon
05-17-05, 04:14 PM
Has there been any rumors of who may step in and take the seat?

Was this Buddy's regular seat last year? (sorry, missed the entire season)

pchall
05-17-05, 04:17 PM
Well, that makes Scott Goodyear 0 for 2 in his predictions for drivers who have crashed returning for the second weekend of quals and the race. :shakehead

Racing Truth
05-17-05, 04:23 PM
Well, that makes Scott Goodyear 0 for 2 in his predictions for drivers who have crashed returning for the second weekend of quals and the race. :shakehead

Amazing that such a medical expert effed up like that. :gomer:

33 might not be reached if Rahal doesn't run the car.

pchall
05-17-05, 04:28 PM

I'm hoping he calls Max Papis so Max can do another team "two fer" on the backstraight and really give Booby the goo-goos.

Racing Truth
05-17-05, 04:33 PM
1. Has there been any rumors of who may step in and take the seat?

2. Was this Buddy's regular seat last year? (sorry, missed the entire season)

1. Nothing that amounts to anything. Read where an announcement on replacement will be made tomorrow. Who knows if that's true.

2. Yes.

Spicoli
05-17-05, 04:34 PM
"Paging Ms. D-N-Fisher"

bummer. moron league is falling apart. good. :gomer:

Spicoli
05-17-05, 04:36 PM
http://www.gridbrasil.com.br/preview/pilotos/irl-buddy_rice.jpg

Don Quixote
05-17-05, 04:54 PM
(sorry, missed the entire season)
You lucky guy. :laugh:

Opposite Lock
05-17-05, 04:59 PM
I'll put $5 on Tony Stewart. :gomer:

JoeBob
05-17-05, 05:06 PM
FWIW, he has a partially torn spinal ligament. They'll check him again in 3 weeks to see if he can race in Texas.

Al Czervik
05-17-05, 05:06 PM
Too bad the Loser, er, Laser, I mean Lazier brothers already have rides.

<edit: Is Lazier the actual spelling? I mean, isn't that more lazy (lazier)??? >

Methanolandbrats
05-17-05, 05:25 PM
FWIW, he has a partially torn spinal ligament. They'll check him again in 3 weeks to see if he can race in Texas. :thumbup: TExas is outstanding therapy for back injuries.

Al Czervik
05-17-05, 05:27 PM
FWIW, he has a partially torn spinal ligament. They'll check him again in 3 weeks to see if he can race in Texas.

Don't worry, in three weeks it will be up to a full fractured vert.

EVL29
05-17-05, 05:46 PM
http://www.gridbrasil.com.br/preview/pilotos/irl-buddy_rice.jpg

:laugh:

Racing Truth
05-17-05, 05:49 PM
Updated SPEED article: Brack to replace Rice.

Which brings to mind an interesting question:

Given what happened to Rice, Dana, and Hornish, and given what happened to Kenny at Texas (though different from Hornish), why would he do that?

JoeBob
In an ironic twist of fate, Kenny Brack will be filling in.

spinner26

Was this Buddy's regular seat last year? (sorry, missed the entire season)

Rahal/Letterman Racing is holding a press conference Wednesday morning at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to announce its plans for the Argent Panoz/Honda and Kenny Brack is expected to get back in his old seat.

Racing Truth
05-17-05, 05:55 PM
Losers. I posted first. :p

Methanolandbrats
05-17-05, 05:58 PM
Kenny is not a smart person, he will not get away with it twice.

Racing Truth
05-17-05, 06:00 PM
Kenny is not a smart person, he will not get away with it twice.

I don't think race car drivers are, by and large, known for their intellect.

dando
05-17-05, 06:38 PM
Stupid Swede. :thumdown:

-Kevin

RTKar
05-17-05, 06:54 PM

...as back up..... I hope he's all he's cracked up to be.

Methanolandbrats
05-17-05, 07:41 PM
...as back up..... I hope he's all he's cracked up to be. :laugh:

SteveH
05-17-05, 08:22 PM

Unless Buddy slipped and fell while playing tennis over the weekend, I'm pretty sure he had this torn spinal ligament last week, right? Then why didn't the crack medical staff at IMS diagnose it properly then? Robbed Rahal another shot at the pole. If I were Rahal I'd be plenty pissed off.

Andrew Longman
05-17-05, 08:27 PM
Dial it back folks

All this destruction of bodies and equipment is certainly predictable and avoidable, but no one should have to go through what Kenny has in the last year or Buddy is going through now. Don't wish it on anyone.

Why Kenny would get back in a crapwagon is beyond me. It may have more to do with contractual obligations to BR, or the amount he has saved for retirement, or just the seduction of speed. But it is rather sad.

lone_groover
05-17-05, 08:51 PM
...as back up..... I hope he's all he's cracked up to be.

OH NO YOU DI'INT............!!!

:cry:

:laugh:

:thumbup:

:D

oddlycalm
05-17-05, 09:11 PM
Indianapolis, IN – 5/17/2005 Rahal/Letterman Racing is holding a press conference Wednesday morning at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to announce its plans for the Argent Panoz/Honda and Discovery Channel executives have confirmed that Buster the crash test dummy from Myth Busters will be in the seat.

rabbit
05-17-05, 09:13 PM
Buster the crash test dummy from Myth Busters will be in the seat.Buster's been through a lot, but getting in one of those cars is too much to ask of any dummy.

Brickman
05-17-05, 09:22 PM
Unless Buddy slipped and fell while playing tennis over the weekend, I'm pretty sure he had this torn spinal ligament last week, right? Then why didn't the crack medical staff at IMS diagnose it properly then? Robbed Rahal another shot at the pole. If I were Rahal I'd be plenty pissed off.

Right.

I've been told that the swelling from accident prohibits a clear X-ray, can't fully diagnose what you can't see. Bone breaks are clear, but the ligament tear wouldn't be because of the swelling. I don't know if he had a full cat scan...

fourrunner
05-17-05, 09:32 PM
Kenny Brack replacing Buddy Rice is a great PR Move

I can hear the constant jabbering of Scott Goodyear and whatever other Bozo's are in the booth Ballyhooing that Kenny came back from near death to take the place of the guy who took his place to get his vengence one more time and Win the Indy 500 ... Of course he could Die doing it!!! Stay tuned Folks ... set your Tivo's !!

Of course with Scott Goodyears track record on accurate predictions, Kenny will be just fine !! ;)