PDA

View Full Version : Honda Team Announcement

Spicoli
05-17-05, 03:33 PM
Watch for a Honda Team announcement very soon. My bet? D&R goes Bye-bye.

Prolly fold Roger "I was born in LA" Yasakawsaski into Super gOOooey Fernandeth.

Cracks in the dam(n) folks. :thumbup: ;)

racer2c
05-17-05, 03:57 PM
I'm giddy. :D

Skater_36
05-17-05, 04:04 PM
D&R's main goal was to make Indy and hoped to pick up some sponsorship to go the rest of the season. I'm guessing it probably didn't happen. I think they've done this same kind of thing before.

Fringe team, can't keep up with the factory teams.

pchall
05-17-05, 04:05 PM
D&R has Yesisucka in 17th and Buttnumb in 21st position on the provisional grid. They won't be competitive, but should bring in enough prize money to get down to Texas and destroy a couple of tubs...

coolhand
05-17-05, 04:26 PM
They won't be competitive, but should bring in enough prize money to get down to Texas and destroy a couple of tubs...
:rofl: :rofl:

Spicoli
05-17-05, 04:56 PM
D&R's main goal was to make Indy and hoped to pick up some sponsorship to go the rest of the season. I'm guessing it probably didn't happen. I think they've done this same kind of thing before.

Fringe team, can't keep up with the factory teams.

I thought every team in EARL was factory backed. I'm right too. They will take their rent-A-jap and put him in at a bigger team.

Think Dixon to Ganassti.

Dr. Corkski
05-17-05, 04:59 PM

Fringe team, can't keep up with the factory teams.What, you mean Investment Properties of America isn't major sponsorship? Impossible, they are sponsoring 3 cars! :gomer:

dando
05-17-05, 06:35 PM
Watch for a Honda Team announcement very soon. My bet? D&R goes Bye-bye.

Prolly fold Roger "I was born in LA" Yasakawsaski into Super gOOooey Fernandeth.

Cracks in the dam(n) folks. :thumbup: ;)
Yer such a doom 'n gloomer. :gomer:

Keep it coming. :)

-Kevin

cart7
05-17-05, 09:48 PM
IIRC, Buhl was all doom 'n gloom right after the Chevy pullout announcement. He talked like there was no way the team would even be able to field a car. Suddenly, a couple weeks later, Reinbold is all grins with a deal for a Honda and a car. This had to be a shoestring operation from the git-go this year.

nrc
05-17-05, 10:16 PM
So is this the aforementioned "prominent" team or is this a free bonus shuttering?

DagoFast
05-17-05, 10:50 PM
Oh puhleeze let it be a bonus! :rofl:

Spicoli
05-17-05, 11:11 PM
So is this the aforementioned "prominent" team or is this a free bonus shuttering?

yep.

gorillaz.

nrc
05-17-05, 11:17 PM
yep.

gorillaz.
Which one was yes, go ahead and destroy Russia... or number 2?

Wally
05-17-05, 11:36 PM
Spac's original nugget called for a tayoder team, so DR would be gravy...... :laugh:

See you in Monterrey.

Fio1
05-17-05, 11:40 PM
I'm a good friend of Roger's, and got a good laugh of what you guys did to his name. My wife calls him Roger Yasucarwash........But, don't tell him that. :laugh:

Personally, I'd rather see him race Grand-Am Prototype when Honda decides to go full blown in that project and forget the oval carp box 500. There are 2 type of oval crap box drivers, those who got tweeked after hitting the wall and those that will. :shakehead

Dr. Corkski
05-18-05, 03:49 AM
So is this the aforementioned "prominent" team or is this a free bonus shuttering?I am not even sure if Robbie Buhl would call his own team "prominent".

Skater_36
05-18-05, 08:11 AM
I thought every team in EARL was factory backed. I'm right too. They will take their rent-A-jap and put him in at a bigger team.

Think Dixon to Ganassti.

I was talking about the teams that are receiving big checks as well as the latest engines vs the third tier engine program teams.

Racing Truth
05-18-05, 08:06 PM
I am not even sure if Robbie Buhl would call his own team "prominent".

Over the years, you could call Robbie Buhl operations many things. Promiment was not one of them.

DaveL
05-18-05, 10:49 PM
Over the years, you could call Robbie Buhl operations many things. Promiment was not one of them.

They had nice paint jobs at least so at least they looked nice when getting lapped.

Jervis Tetch 1
05-19-05, 10:30 AM
:rofl:

pchall
05-19-05, 12:20 PM
Personally, I'd rather see him race Grand-Am Prototype when Honda decides to go full blown in that project and forget the oval carp box 500. There are 2 type of oval crap box drivers, those who got tweeked after hitting the wall and those that will. :shakehead

We'd all like to see him racing someplace a bit safer, too. Say "hi" for us.