PDA

View Full Version : Penske buys out partners of Penske South

devilmaster
05-17-05, 11:30 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar-penske&prov=ap&type=lgns

Penske Performance Inc., majority shareholder of Penske Racing South, said Monday it has bought out Rusty Wallace, Don Miller and John Erickson.

``The transaction represents an opportunity to reward Rusty, Don and John for their many contributions to the growth and success of the company,'' said Roger Penske, chairman of Penske Performance.

The team fields cars for Wallace, in his final season in NASCAR's top series, Ryan Newman and rookie Travis Kvapil.

``We enjoy the support of a dedicated and loyal group of sponsors who will be with us well into the future,'' Penske said. ``Our focus is to maximize all three cars' performance every week with winning the Nextel Cup championship as our goal.''

Miller recently denied he and Wallace would leave Penske along with Newman and crew chief Matt Borland to form a new operation at the end of this year.

DagoFast
05-17-05, 12:30 PM
News Flash! "Satan owns 100% of hell!" Film at eleven.

Steve99
05-17-05, 02:35 PM
I guess Penske has a yen to spend.

lone_groover
05-17-05, 02:57 PM
I don't care one toyota where Pimpski spends his filthy lucre. You hear me?

:thumdown:

spinner26
05-17-05, 03:47 PM
Ryan Newman wanted Rusty out and he meant NOW!

Accipiter
05-17-05, 06:11 PM
Penske was just sick of hearing Rusty tell him to fire Newman every time they talked.

oddlycalm
05-17-05, 09:13 PM
News Flash! "Satan owns 100% of hell!" Film at eleven.
:D :laugh: :rofl:

trauma1
05-18-05, 08:48 AM
never was a rusty fan, however i've lost any respect for newman, his true colors are showing if i were rusty and put my time in to be treated like that is BS and pimpski is to scared to say anythinng in case newman walks .

spinner26
05-18-05, 10:21 AM
Word on the street is Newman gave pimpski the option, get whiner out or he's gone. Supposedly the two teams don't even work together at the shop. :rofl:

trauma1
05-18-05, 11:18 AM
i don't blame rusty for bailing and getting the hell out of there, what' newman is pulling is pure BS, what a a hole, should have been a fun last year for wallace but with a teammate like that i can see why he's tired of the crap and penski not a having the balls to tell newman to grow up and act like a human, f him