PDA

View Full Version : Stop dodging the language filter

Off Camber
05-16-05, 12:44 PM
Please stop dodging the language filter.

We understand that race fans will curse from time to time. We don't have a problem with that. But not everyone is comfortable with harsh language and we've found that the more we allow it, the more people will use it.

We don't want to spend our time deciding how much swearing is too much swearing. When does it start detracting from the discussion? When does it start driving people away?

So we have a language filter. It has been on from the start. We didn't leave it turned on by mistake. Please don't deliberately circumvent the language filter with spelling, spacing or anything else. Let it do its job. If you're concerned that nobody will know what you are saying you can censor yourself. But do not include any more than the first and last letters of the word.

FTG
05-16-05, 01:06 PM
No ****en problem. ;)

rabbit
05-16-05, 01:27 PM
"S***, n****, that's all you had to say!"

http://www.lutz-buech.de/pulpfiction/karikaturen/sjportrait.jpg

Sean O'Gorman
05-16-05, 02:33 PM
You don't know how much restraint I'm showing in this thread by not posting anything stupid right this second. :D :D

dando
05-16-05, 02:42 PM
You don't know how much restraint I'm showing in this thread by not posting anything stupid right this second. :D :D
Well, there's a 1st time for everything. ;)

Point taken, bosses.

-Kevin

cart7
05-21-05, 09:28 AM
If it's a really long word like, m**********r, will you allow a couple letters in the middle? I'm not real good at that whole "Wheel of Fortune" kind of word game. :gomer:

Paintergeek
05-21-05, 09:42 AM
If it's a really long word like, m**********r, will you allow a couple letters in the middle? I'm not real good at that whole "Wheel of Fortune" kind of word game. :gomer:

You know....sometimes *'s are funnier than the word itself! I just started laughing out loud after reading this post. Heres a list of words you CANT post here:

and of course *** ******* ************ **** ******** *** ****** **** * * ***** *****'s

Write it down, and dont forget it!

Sean O'Gorman
05-21-05, 10:00 AM
http://www.allthingschristie.com/archives/go%20tuck%20yourself%20in.jpg

nrc
05-21-05, 10:54 AM

Sure. Just think of it as two words.

EDwardo
05-21-05, 04:43 PM
The foolish and wicked practice of profane cursing and swearing is a vice so mean and low that every person of sense and character detests and despises it.
Author: George Washington

"I am not aware of ever having used a profane expletive in life; but I would have the charity to excuse those who may have done so, if they were in charge of a train of Mexican pack mules."
US Grant

Audi_A4
05-21-05, 08:59 PM
The next freaking cork soccer to bypass the farging filter will have their boils tied up in a farging sling you bastidges.

(language from the old movie Johnny Dangerously)

:gomer:

Lizzerd
05-21-05, 09:56 PM
At a place I used to work, there was a sign on the bulletin board that said "Profanity is an atempt by a feeble mind to express itself forcefully", or some such **** as that.

cart7
05-22-05, 05:58 PM
You know....sometimes *'s are funnier than the word itself! I just started laughing out loud after reading this post. Heres a list of words you CANT post here:

and of course *** ******* ************ **** ******** *** ****** **** * * ***** *****'s

Write it down, and dont forget it!

I'd like to buy a vowl. Is there an A?

RaceGrrl
05-22-05, 06:05 PM
I'd suggest that you buy an 'E'. :D

Opposite Lock
05-22-05, 06:11 PM
I'd suggest that you buy an 'E'. :D

sweet. :thumbup:

Paintergeek
05-24-05, 08:12 AM
The next freaking cork soccer to bypass the farging filter will have their boils tied up in a farging sling you bastidges.

ICEHOLES!!!!

Wheel-Nut
05-24-05, 10:25 AM
Anyone watch HBO's Deadwood? Could you imagine what that script would look like on here!!

Jag_Warrior
05-24-05, 01:37 PM
Anyone watch HBO's Deadwood? Could you imagine what that script would look like on here!!

Never miss it. Best acting on television (and I typically don't have much respect for that "art").

I wanted to talk about the season finale... but I didn't feel like getting banned, since I just made it back here.

dando
05-24-05, 09:22 PM
Aye, dawg. Great ****. :thumbup: :thumbup:

BTW, some stats on the f-bomb in the series are available through Drudge by querying the archives using the term HBO (no linky for a reason). Last count was 1900+ f-bombs for the season, ********ers. :D

-Kevin

oddlycalm
05-26-05, 04:28 PM
Anyone watch HBO's Deadwood? Could you imagine what that script would look like on here!! Funny you should bring Deadwood up. They obviously carefully researched the idiom before writing for the show. Older people in isolated areas of the West still talked like that as recently as the mid-70's. Oddly formal yet profane. I owned a small blacksmith shop in far Northeastern Oregon in the early 70's where the highway through the valley had only been completed a few years before, and the language among the old timers was exactly like on Deadwood. Even the older church ladies acted like it was all perfectly normal.

I recall one incident at a fire where the State Police were trying to reroute traffic and they were crying they were laughing so hard at the instructions coming over the bullhorn to the volunteer fireman; "You dumb sons of beaches, I can piss faster than the water is coming out of this c*** *****r." :thumbup:

oc

RichK
05-26-05, 06:11 PM
oc: :laugh:

At 7G many years ago, lone_groover spelled out m**********r with Greek symbols and math symbols. The poor slob he directed it at didn't even get the joke.... :laugh:

oddlycalm
05-27-05, 12:44 PM
I remember that. :D :thumbup: Thing about 7G was that there were a lot of folks that never got the joke. ;)

oc

eiregosod
05-27-05, 08:45 PM
lots of games of hangman goin on :gomer:

racer2c
05-27-05, 11:29 PM
oc: :laugh:

At 7G many years ago, lone_groover spelled out m**********r with Greek symbols and math symbols. The poor slob he directed it at didn't even get the joke.... :laugh:

He was great. A true wordsmith. Comic genius. I miss him. I wonder where he is now. Who was that masked groover! :(

Jag_Warrior
05-28-05, 04:09 PM
He was great. A true wordsmith. Comic genius. I miss him. I wonder where he is now. Who was that masked groover! :(

He's still here, isn't he?

The Groover and I got off to a very rocky start. But as I saw we both had an appreciation for Sanford & Son (anyone have any of the "blue" Redd Foxx material?), it's all good now.

No language filter thread would be complete without http://www.stlouiswalkoffame.org/images/foxx-frame.gif

fourrunner
05-28-05, 04:40 PM
I remember that. :D :thumbup: Thing about 7G was that there were a lot of folks that never got the joke. ;)

oc

Definitely towards the END !! ;)

fourrunner
05-28-05, 04:47 PM

He posts practically every day ... still caustic and very funny! :thumbup:

racer2c
05-28-05, 05:51 PM
He posts practically every day ... still caustic and very funny! :thumbup:

No, I'm afraid that's just a ghost in the machine.

Jag_Warrior
05-28-05, 06:16 PM
No, I'm afraid that's just a ghost in the machine.

Whaddya mean? :confused:

racer2c
05-28-05, 06:58 PM
Whaddya mean? :confused:

Never mind, I'm just being stupid. Trying to get l_g riled up. He's growing warm and fuzzy in his old age. :)

G.
06-03-05, 11:57 AM
May I assume that "FTG" is an exemption? :gomer:

DjDrOmusic
06-07-05, 03:20 PM
SORRY, I'll never mention the soup N**i again!! ;) :thumbup: :D

Kahauna Dreamer
06-11-05, 07:16 PM

Farging icehole...

Off Camber
03-24-06, 09:33 PM
Bump.

Stop dodging the language filter.

TravelGal
03-30-06, 01:53 PM
I'm glad this was bumped because it gave me a chance to read the whole thread. OC, I *knew* I liked you! You reminded me of part of my history.

My college days were spent in the mid-Ohio valley and people back in the valley (away from the "big town") still spoke much like that. I was (and still am, sigh, pretty prim and proper) and could hardly get over the old aunts saying stuff like "you look like you're looking for fly **** in the pepper" when I was trying to find something in a drawer. Or, simply "My a$$ is tired." Plain and to the point. They didn't mean their mule. No filter dodging there. Good memories. Good memories.

devilmaster
04-01-06, 04:13 PM
Farging icehole...

Completely OT, but I finally bought that DVD a couple weeks back.....

Soooooooo worth it. :laugh:

nrc
08-02-06, 02:28 PM
<bump>

emjaya
01-08-10, 06:48 AM
This is the story of Rindercella and her sugly isters.

Rindercella and her sugly isters lived in a marge lansion. Rindercella
worked very hard frubbing sloors, emptying poss pits, and shivelling shot.
At the end of the day, she was knucking fackered.

The sugly isters were right bugly astards. One was called Mary Hinge and the
other was called Betty Swallocks; they were really forrible huckers; they
had fetty sweet and fetty swannies. The sugly isters had tickets to go to
the ball, but the cotton runts would not let Rindercella go.

Suddenly there was a bucking fang, and her gairy fodmother appeared.
Her name was Shairy Hithole and she was a light rucking fesbian. She turned
a pumpkin and six mite wice into a hucking cuge farriage with six dandy
ronkeys who had buge hollocks and dig bicks.

The gairy fodmother told Rindercella to be back by dimnlight, otherwise,
there would be a cucking falamity.

At the ball, Rindercella was dancing with the prandsome hince when suddenly
the clock struck twelve. "Mist all chucking frighty!!!" said Rindercella,
and she ran out tripping barse over ollocks, so dropping her slass glipper.

The very next day the prandsome hince knocked on Rindercella's door and the
sugly isters let him in. Suddenly, Betty Swallocks lifted her leg and let
off a fig bart.

"Who's fust jarted??" asked the prandsome hince.

"Blame that fugly ucker over there!!" said Mary Hinge. When the stinking
brown cloud had lifted, he tried the slass glipper on both the sugly isters
without success and their feet stucking funk.

Betty Swallocks was ducking fisgusted and gave the prandsome hince a knack
in the kickers. This was not difficult as he had bucking fuge halls and a
hig bard on.

He tried the slass glipper on Rindercella and it fitted pucking ferfectly.

Rindercella and the prandsome hince were married. The pransome hince lived
his life in lucking fuxury, and Rindercella lived hers with a Follen swanny.

:)