PDA

View Full Version : Photo with Max!

Turn7
03-03-03, 09:58 PM
The legends of CART line up to get there photo with a cardboard cut out of the driver that CART needs more than he needs CART.

http://www.cart.com/content/photos/2003/By800/20030224P_0001.jpg

rabbit
03-03-03, 10:35 PM
Notice how large his head is in comparison to Messrs. Johannson, Andretti, Dallenbach and Fittipaldi.;)

Turn7
03-03-03, 10:41 PM
Exactly, it does appear to be over inflated doesn't it.:D

tantra
03-06-03, 01:06 AM
This 'Max's giant ego' thing has been an example of the stupity that is too often found on forums.
I heard what Max said, and I remeber his words as being that CART needed drivers like him. PERIOD

If anyone can provide me with a transcript of his remarks, or a site with the actual quote, please do so or let this lie die.

BTW, that thing hanging from the lanard Max has is a 2003 CART hard card. You may recognize the guys he is with, but do you actually know them? Max does, Max was there, Max is still driving race cars for a living, and Max may yet be in the series this year. Will you?

formulaben
03-06-03, 01:28 AM
"Without sounding arrogant, CART needs me more than I need CART," he continued. "I tell them they cannot do a series full of unknown guys. Let me say that I wish all the new CART drivers all the success in the world, but at the same time, CART needs to recognize that drivers like me and Jimmy (Vasser) mean a lot to the series."

CART NEEDS ME MORE THAN I NEED CART (http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/021224/230/dhd5w.html)

Well, you remember wrong, tough guy. Now what was that about stupidity on the forums? :shakehead

rabbit
03-06-03, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by tantra
This 'Max's giant ego' thing has been an example of the stupity that is too often found on forums.
I heard what Max said, and I remeber his words as being that CART needed drivers like him. PERIOD

If anyone can provide me with a transcript of his remarks, or a site with the actual quote, please do so or let this lie die.

BTW, that thing hanging from the lanard Max has is a 2003 CART hard card. You may recognize the guys he is with, but do you actually know them? Max does, Max was there, Max is still driving race cars for a living, and Max may yet be in the series this year. Will you?
:shakehead Hey tantra, Max has a giant ego. He had a giant ego before he said that, regardless of what it meant. His ego is legendary. Ask Chris Pook sometime to tell you the off-the-record reason Max doesn't have a ride. That'll help clear things up for you.

cart7
03-06-03, 08:16 PM
There appear to be a lot of racing series that need Max more than he needs them. ;) :p

tantra
03-06-03, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the reference. I am eating humble pie as I write this.
Yes, Max Papis has a great ego, as does Juan Pablo, that German guy, that little French guy, old Nigel, that little Scot, and many others drivers.
I'm even beginning to suspect PT has a rather large and active ego.

Anyway, my memory is indeed faulty at times. I apologize for my rant.

I'm been a Papis supporter since his beginnings in the states, and I continue to hold that he would be a great addition to the series, as he showed himself to be last year with Sigma......a real racer.
He has the skills and the passion for racing and I'm not certain yet how many of the younger guys now in Champ Cars have his passion or potential for developing comparable skills.

Strange, though, how last year in the spring time there were many folks singing Max's praises for doing well with an underfunded team, but after that Dec. interview and his remarks, so many 'fans' write as if they are pleased that he isn't driving this year. Why is that?

formulaben
03-06-03, 10:10 PM
I don't know, but I surely think he is a great personality. I thought he was great, but some questionable comings-together with Brack when he was a Championship contender did little for his rep, I would guess. It's too bad, because I think he's a great guy...come on Max, SIGN THE DEAL!