PDA

View Full Version : It should be Stanley Cup time.

RTKar
05-13-05, 10:50 PM
The Stanley Cup Playoffs SHOULD be going on now.... :thumdown:

The only thing that brought it to mind was I'm watching an AHL playoff game.......I guess I've forgotten about the NHL.

Night Train
05-13-05, 10:56 PM
Word up. I'm glad I got to go to one year's worth of NHL games before they screwed it all up. Idiots.

devilmaster
05-13-05, 11:03 PM
Stanley Cup will be in Windsor tomorrow - at a benefit for the women's hockey team from windsor who was in that bus accident near Rochester....

It has been mentioned that the team should be awarded the cup for this year....

Also, there is a lawsuit right now trying to find out if the trustees for the cup are forced to, as per the original agreement with Lord Stanley to present the cup to the top amateur hockey team in Canada. - which was what the cup was originally for.

Paintergeek
05-14-05, 08:02 AM
The Stanley Cup Playoffs SHOULD be going on now.... :thumdown:

The only thing that brought it to mind was I'm watching an AHL playoff game.......I guess I've forgotten about the NHL.

I found myself watching NBA playoffs.........I hate hoops. I need hockey back. There have been a few times where it was like not having a cigareete...a true craving....an addiciton. :(

Ankf00
05-14-05, 09:17 AM
I found myself watching NBA playoffs.........I hate hoops. I need hockey back. There have been a few times where it was like not having a cigareete...a true craving....an addiciton. :(

werd. all these Dallas yuppies yapping bout they mavs is wearing thin :mad: god I hope the Suns demolish them :thumbup:

TedN
05-14-05, 09:37 AM
Thursday's game between Canada and Slovakia at the World Championship further demonstrated why the NHL product is so bad. Don't miss it at all.

Ted

RTKar
05-14-05, 10:22 AM
I went to about 10 Milwaukee Admirals games this year, a good team in the AHL for $15 a game, all seats, and $5 to park. It beats the heck out of giving the tg of the NHL, Bill Wirtz, a dime watching the BlackHawks lose yet again for a Hundred spot and change.

Paintergeek
05-14-05, 10:54 AM
Dont get me wrong...Im only watching Pacers games. I honestly cant stand basketball and dont 'get it' at all, But they are local, its millers final season, and there is NO HOCKEY :mad:

The only hovkey action I got this year was seeing USHL Indiana Ice, a developmental league. They made Rd. 1 playoffs and were crushed quickly. Even the games I went to didnt compare to the CHL dyas of the Ice, or by FAR to the IHL days pf the ICE. I miss hockey badly.

Methanolandbrats
05-14-05, 10:58 AM
Dont get me wrong...Im only watching Pacers games. I honestly cant stand basketball and dont 'get it' at all, But they are local, its millers final season, and there is NO HOCKEY :mad: The NBA is not basketball, so there is no hope of "getting" it. I love basketball, but gave up on NBA streetball **** years ago. High school and college hoops on the other hand is a beautiful game.

dando
05-14-05, 11:18 AM
Thursday's game between Canada and Slovakia at the World Championship further demonstrated why the NHL product is so bad. Don't miss it at all.

Ted
The game can be fixed. However, I'm not sure the damage this 'season' inflicted can. :( I'm not sure I'll be back as a CBJ's season ticket holder....despite the fact that Rick Nash is the most exciting young player in the NHL....or was. :shakehead

-Kevin

devilmaster
05-14-05, 12:54 PM

Ted

Whew. Just finished watching the Canada/Russia semi-final. Canada started out hot, got a 4-0 lead, then fell asleep, playing some desperation hockey and holding on for a 4-3 win.

FTG
05-14-05, 02:31 PM
I'm not expecting hockey next year either. Too much stupidity.

dando
05-14-05, 06:00 PM
I'm not expecting hockey next year either. Too much stupidity.
If the NHLPA gets certified, I would doubt there will be an NHL next year or anytime beyind that. An interesting piece by Bob McKenzie on TSN.ca where he suggests that Goodenow may not want to get a deal done, especially if it involves any form of a cap. This could seriously take 18-24 mos. to resolve.

-Kevin

CART T. Katz
05-16-05, 11:02 AM
i am in a big sports suck hole right now.

surrounded by 497.5 talk because i'm too close to indiana
the city is trying its damndest to get an nba team (when the people have spoken and DON'T want an nba team) so i'm surrounded by organized street ball talk
nayscor always dominates so i'm surrounded by the big red 8 mafia talk
the cubs suck (affects me)
the reds suck (which i enjoy, but because of proximity also affects me)

my only solace in the past was watching the avs kick ass in their annual march for lord stanley (except for last year. we deserved that). and i gots me no hockey.

it hurts real bad. :(

Ankf00
05-16-05, 09:05 PM
3.5 months till college football kicks off :cool:

mapguy
05-16-05, 09:35 PM
what pisses me of most is that we all know that Lord Stanley's mug would be parading down Yonge St right about now...

http://www.noha-hockey.com/images/Toronto%20Maple%20Leafs%20logo.gif

Ankf00
05-16-05, 09:45 PM
Toronto tied for first this year, first time since the 60's, woohoo! :D

CART T. Katz
05-17-05, 01:04 AM
the avs restart their streak of winning consecutive division titles after tieing for first place the last season. colorado will face off against the columbus blue jackets in the reformatted sectional playoff this year after ironically enough, all teams finished tied for first place.

the playoffs are slated to end sometime in mid december due to arena availablility and the lack of ice in any arena.