PDA

View Full Version : Dyson Does Daytona

FCYTravis
05-13-05, 02:39 PM
...Prototypes, that is.

http://www.grand-am.com/News/Article.asp?ID=4263

POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (May 13, 2005) -- Dyson Racing, one of the founding teams of the Grand American Rolex Sports Car Series, is set to return to the tour where they won 16 races and two driver's and three team championships from 2000 through 2002.

In a collaborative partnership with Howard Motorsports, Chris Dyson, Rob Dyson and Harrison Brix will drive a Pontiac Crawford in a limited schedule for the remainder of the year.

OH NOES!!!!! They're not loyal! Burn Dyson at the stake!

:rofl:

Michaelhatesfans
05-13-05, 02:44 PM
Yawn.

Racing Truth
05-13-05, 02:47 PM
...Prototypes, that is.

Damn heretics! :rofl:

Clearly, they don't know real racing. :gomer:

nrc
05-13-05, 02:56 PM
Rumor has it that Rob and Chris Dyson will also participate in the Annual Poughkeepsie YMCA Father/Son Softball Game. You read it here first.

Steve99
05-13-05, 03:06 PM
Rumor has it that Rob and Chris Dyson will also participate in the Annual Poughkeepsie YMCA Father/Son Softball Game. You read it here first.
There will be more fans at the softball game.

pchall
05-13-05, 03:32 PM
Penske and Porsche are coming!
Penske and Porsche are coming!

Run away!
Run away!

:p

FCYTravis
05-13-05, 03:43 PM
Penske and Porsche are coming to P2. Dyson races in P1. They wouldn't be competing against each other.

pchall
05-13-05, 04:02 PM
Penske and Porsche are coming to P2. Dyson races in P1. They wouldn't be competing against each other.

Just wait until Penske shows up with a P1 twin turbo version. Dyson knows his ancient cars are dog meat after this season.

FCYTravis
05-13-05, 04:17 PM
Actually, his cars are illegal after this season. So are Champion's. That means everyone has to buy new P1s. But nobody's got a customer P1 available for 2006. Lots of P2s, but not a P1 in sight except for the strongly-rumored R9/10/whatever.

Of course, Dyson's the only guys providing a great fight to the R8s this year - and last year - and the year before. But as soon as he races in Grand Am, his cars are "ancient." If his cars are ancient, then the R8 is a dinosaur. Go ahead, throw Dyson under the bus. :rofl:

extramundane
05-13-05, 04:31 PM
That's been rumored ever since they did the Daytona 24. It's actually going to be fun to read all the "DYSON'S LEAVING ALMS! GARRA IS THE FUTURE!" spew from the GARRA suicide squad.

Actually, his cars are illegal after this season. So are Champion's. That means everyone has to buy new P1s. But nobody's got a customer P1 available for 2006. Lots of P2s, but not a P1 in sight except for the strongly-rumored R9/10/whatever.

The P1-config B05/40 should be on track later in the year (and likely in Dyson's garage next year). Plus there's the new Zytek, the Courage C70, and possibly 1 more new major Euro manufacturer.

Michaelhatesfans
05-13-05, 04:34 PM
Grand Am could bring Fangio, Clark, and Senna back from the dead to drive and still no one would care about DP's.

FCYTravis
05-13-05, 04:43 PM
The P1-config B05/40 should be on track later in the year (and likely in Dyson's garage next year).
I hope so... it's the direct descendant of the B01/60, which makes sense. Not quite as beautiful - double roll hoops are t3h massive suck - but still better than most.

If there's one car I could buy right now... it would be a Dyson Lola B01/60. Most. Beautiful. LMP. Ever.

racer2c
05-13-05, 04:45 PM
There will be more fans at the softball game.

:D

extramundane
05-13-05, 04:57 PM
I hope so... it's the direct descendant of the B01/60, which makes sense. Not quite as beautiful - double roll hoops are t3h massive suck - but still better than most.

I don't mind the double-hoop so much. Far better than the bar approach they took on the B2K/40.

If there's one car I could buy right now... it would be a Dyson Lola B01/60. Most. Beautiful. LMP. Ever.

Well, if you can wait about 6 months, I know where you can get 2 of them.

Easy
05-13-05, 05:03 PM
...Prototypes, that is.

SHILL! :p

FCYTravis
05-13-05, 05:10 PM
Far better than the bar approach they took on the B2K/40.
Agreed, but I just don't see why the damned French have to ruin a good thing AGAIN. What's wrong with ONE roll hoop? What's the purpose of the second? Oh wait, "OMG ITS NOT A SPORTS CAR WITH ONE IT LOOKZ LIKE F1 WITH FENDARZ!!!"

I've seen plenty of vintage sports cars with just one roll hoop. Were they not sports cars?

And actually, the B01/60 looks like a Champ Car with fenders. That's a GOOD thing. Probably explains why I like its looks so much.

Stupid ACO :shakehead

Sean O'Gorman
05-13-05, 05:33 PM
Well, if you can wait about 6 months, I know where you can get 2 of them.

Wait a little longer and I'm sure you could pick up the old Intersport Lola at a government auction...

Anyway, hopefully they have better luck this time around than they did at Daytona. I certainly hope they stick around ALMS as well, but something tells me they are going to find Grand-Am alot more challenging.

extramundane
05-13-05, 09:32 PM
Anyway, hopefully they have better luck this time around than they did at Daytona. I certainly hope they stick around ALMS as well, but something tells me they are going to find Grand-Am alot more challenging.

I'm sure they will find GA challenging, seeing as they aren't in a factory Riley.

Chris Dyson has made no secret of his desire to have Dyson Racing compete at Le Mans, which isn't going to happen in a DP. Besides, this isn't "Dyson Racing" per se. It's Rob & Chris driving a car with Thetford/Norcold stickers prepared by another team's shop. More than anything, though, it's a chance for Rob to do some driving in a less pressure-filled situation, and for Chris to continue his quest to drive anything and everything on 4 wheels that turns left and right.

Sean O'Gorman
05-13-05, 09:35 PM
I'm sure they will find GA challenging, seeing as they aren't in a factory Riley.

Chris Dyson has made no secret of his desire to have Dyson Racing compete at Le Mans, which isn't going to happen in a DP. Besides, this isn't "Dyson Racing" per se. It's Rob & Chris driving a car with Thetford/Norcold stickers prepared by another team's shop. More than anything, though, it's a chance for Rob to do some driving in a less pressure-filled situation, and for Chris to continue his quest to drive anything and everything on 4 wheels that turns left and right.

There are alot of teams that aren't factory Rileys that have been very competitive, but I don't feel like going down that road again. :)

I'm sure this will be a good thing for Chris, I've always heard that when a driver spends time in a slower car, he learns/relearns about the importance of momentum and ends up picking up speed in the faster car.

Methanolandbrats
05-13-05, 09:37 PM
Grand Am could bring Fangio, Clark, and Senna back from the dead to drive and still no one would care about DP's. :thumbup: :D

extramundane
05-13-05, 10:03 PM
Agreed, but I just don't see why the damned French have to ruin a good thing AGAIN. What's wrong with ONE roll hoop? What's the purpose of the second? Oh wait, "OMG ITS NOT A SPORTS CAR WITH ONE IT LOOKZ LIKE F1 WITH FENDARZ!!!"

I've seen plenty of vintage sports cars with just one roll hoop. Were they not sports cars?

And actually, the B01/60 looks like a Champ Car with fenders. That's a GOOD thing. Probably explains why I like its looks so much.

Stupid ACO :shakehead

Eh, I think it's low on the list of the ACO's offenses (don't even get me started on the Le Mans entry list :flame: ). The weird thing, though, is that RML played around with the rollhoops at Spa (compare this (http://www.racingfanatics.com/RPSPALMES020.jpg) to this (http://www.racingfanatics.com/C%2025.jpg)). It'll be interesting to see how the other manufacturers tackle it.