PDA

View Full Version : Champcar Challenge released!

Dougrun
05-12-05, 01:53 PM
yes, finally. What is it? The Champcar Challenge mod for F1 Challenge. Seasons 2003 and 2004 and a surprise season are included. more tracks and the 00-03 years will come as we finish them.

Where do you get it? See cartmods.net for links. More mirrors are coming. The link on driving italia's site is the mod only, no installer. I will be making an installer as soon as I d/l it. You wil need winrar to decompress the .rar file.

Simply decompress the files into your f1C folder. Without the installer, you'll need to make a shortcut with the command line..
"C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\F1 Challenge 99-02\f1 challenge 99-02.exe" config=CHAMPC.ini

that last part is important or the default F1C cars will load. Change the path to where you have your F1C installed.

Enjoy!
http://www.phototiming.com/xpr/cc4.jpg

devilmaster
05-12-05, 02:14 PM
Shweeeeet!

Doug - this is a totally gamer to gamer plutonic thing, but.......

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/tweetz/hug.gif

Tonite is such a write off fer me now..... :thumbup:

Oh yeah - everyone get f1 challenge and this mod.... we need to do some online racin

nrc
05-12-05, 05:37 PM
So is this basically Champ cars on F1 tracks, or are there tracks in there as well?

coolhand
05-12-05, 06:20 PM
So is this basically Champ cars on F1 tracks, or are there tracks in there as well?

tracks and everything. Its all CCWS. basically it uses the physics engine or somthing off the F1 game. where the heavy programming is

Ed_Severson
05-12-05, 06:21 PM
There are quite a few Champ Car circuits that can be used with this simulation. The mod comes with 9 circuits:

Brands Hatch
Surfer's Paradise
Las Vegas
Milwaukee
Long Beach
Mid-Ohio
Montreal
St. Petersburg
Vancouver

In addition to these, there are plenty of others available:

Toronto
Road America
Detroit
Houston
Laguna Seca
Portland
Fontana
Cleveland
Mexico City
Homestead
Rockingham
Sebring
Michigan
Loudon
Phoenix
Rio
Texas

And, several others are in the works:

Denver
Miami
Lausitz
Monterrey
Motegi
Nazareth
Gateway
Chicago

Aside from all of these, there are plenty of other circuits from F1 and sports car racing available. Pretty much any place you'd like to drive a Champ Car, you can. :thumbup:

Paintergeek
05-12-05, 08:05 PM
Aw, man! I wanna play, but I have no ideawhat all this stuff means. im assuming its PC, which I dont game on. Damn, Make it for PS2 ;)

devilmaster
05-13-05, 01:17 AM
Aw, man! I wanna play, but I have no ideawhat all this stuff means. im assuming its PC, which I dont game on. Damn, Make it for PS2 ;)

Yes its for PC - and now you have a reason to learn to game on PC!

Ankf00
05-13-05, 01:56 AM
write code for xbox too while you're at it ;)

indyfan31
05-13-05, 02:01 AM
I'm with paintergeek, I have no idea what that first post says.
The last CART sim I used was ICRII. What application runs all this stuff?
What kind of hardware does it take? Is it over the 'net or local?

Lizzerd
05-13-05, 03:32 AM
I'm with paintergeek, I have no idea what that first post says.
The last CART sim I used was ICRII. What application runs all this stuff?
What kind of hardware does it take? Is it over the 'net or local?

Google is my friend.

F1 Challenge Search (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=f1+challenge)

devilmaster
05-13-05, 10:51 AM
To flesh out the info Lizz gave:

Champcar Challenge is a mod for the pc game F1 Challenge 99-02 (re-released as F1 Career Challenge - its the same game though) from EA Sports. http://www.easports.com/games/f12004/pccd.jsp

F1 Challenge has been out for some years now, so the requirements are not extremely high.

Question
What are the minimum requirements to run F-1 Career Challenge?
Answer

The minimum required system specifications to run F-1 Career Challenge are as follows:

* Operating System:
o Windows XP
o Windows ME
o Windows 2000
o Windows 98
* CPU:450 MHz Intel Pentium II processor
* RAM: 128 MB
* CD/DVD-Rom Speed: 4x
* Hard Drive Space: 1 GB free hard disk space plus space for saved games, Windows swap-file, and DirectX 8.1
* Video: 16 MB video card with DirectX 8.1 compatible driver.
* Sound: DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
* Keyboard
* Mouse

Additionally, the following specifications are required for multiplayer:

* One set of game discs per player.
* Internet (2 players): 56Kbps or faster direct Internet connection
* Internet (3-8 players): Cable, DSL, or a faster direct Internet connection
* Network (2-8 players): TCP/IP compliant network

Recommended system specifications:

* CPU: 1 GHz or faster Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor
* RAM: 256 MB or more
* CD/DVD-Rom Speed: 8x
* Video: 32mb or better Direct3D capable video card

So how this works - you buy f1 challenge and install it. Then you install the Champcar Mod on top of f1 challenge. By using the config command as per Doug's post, you can play f1 challenge with the champcar series.

Note: Challenge has been modded a few times - and so it has many series, car types, and tracks available to it.

Trust me, get it. If its in the game, its in the game. ;)

Dougrun
05-13-05, 07:05 PM
oh, and map the handbrake to a button, it's the push-to-pass button. we forgot to document that.

TurboTodd
05-13-05, 08:33 PM
Hey Doug.. are the tracks year specific? Running the 04 cars I only see 5 or so tracks in the game..

Dougrun
05-14-05, 01:32 AM
we've made the tracks only show up in the years they were run, i.e., st petes will only show in 2003. This of course is easy to fix by adding filter properties though so do what you like.

TurboTodd
05-14-05, 07:50 AM
we've made the tracks only show up in the years they were run, i.e., st petes will only show in 2003. This of course is easy to fix by adding filter properties though so do what you like.

Thought about the filters right after I posted..... all fixed now..

jcollins28
05-20-05, 03:46 PM
There are quite a few Champ Car circuits that can be used with this simulation. The mod comes with 9 circuits:

Brands Hatch
Surfer's Paradise
Las Vegas
Milwaukee
Long Beach
Mid-Ohio
Montreal
St. Petersburg
Vancouver

In addition to these, there are plenty of others available:

Toronto
Road America
Detroit
Houston
Laguna Seca
Portland
Fontana
Cleveland
Mexico City
Homestead
Rockingham
Sebring
Michigan
Loudon
Phoenix
Rio
Texas

And, several others are in the works:

Denver
Miami
Lausitz
Monterrey
Motegi
Nazareth
Gateway
Chicago

Aside from all of these, there are plenty of other circuits from F1 and sports car racing available. Pretty much any place you'd like to drive a Champ Car, you can. :thumbup:

Where can I find these other tracks? Also how do you install them and can you take a 03 car and use it in 04?

THANKS