PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Micheal Andretti Wins the 87th Indy500

racer2c
03-03-03, 05:38 PM
I missed the first half of the Homestead race but I read on another board that Andretti was honored prior to the race with a 'lap of honor'. I suspect this has something to do with what the IRL is calling his "Michael Andretti’s Countdown to Indy" (link (http://www.indyracing.com/press/story.php?story_id=989) ). In 90 days MA retires with the cup on his mantel.

You heard it here first.

Tony needs a boost for his little league. MA winning right before his retirement would get the keyboards pounding.

mnkywrch
03-03-03, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by racer2c
Tony needs a boost for his little league. MA winning right before his retirement would get the keyboards pounding.

How does your Indy 500 champ quitting help the rest of your season?

It helps the IRL about as much as the champ racing in Milwaukee.

I do agree he'll win Indy, though... unless he runs the car in the ground. But he wouldn't do that, would he?

:laugh:

JLMannin
03-03-03, 05:52 PM
I want to see Tora Tagaki win so bad . . . . . . .

racer2c
03-03-03, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
How does your Indy 500 champ quitting help the rest of your season?

It helps the IRL about as much as the champ racing in Milwaukee.

I do agree he'll win Indy, though... unless he runs the car in the ground. But he wouldn't do that, would he?

:laugh:

It's a 'story' for the journalists to span out over the year. MA would still be around, in high profile as a team owner remember. Tony could claim high ground for having Indy 500 and IRL champion Micheal Andretti on his side.

Believe me, if Tony had his way, MA would win over Dixon, Kanaan, Dario, Helio etc.

7-11 sponsored some overlays last year, now they are on the sidepod of Andretti. All signs point to a MA win.

mnkywrch
03-03-03, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by racer2c
It's a 'story' for the journalists to span out over the year. MA would still be around, in high profile as a team owner remember. Tony could claim high ground for having Indy 500 and IRL champion Micheal Andretti on his side.

Believe me, if Tony had his way, MA would win over Dixon, Kanaan, Dario, Helio etc.

7-11 sponsored some overlays last year, now they are on the sidepod of Andretti. All signs point to a MA win.

I see where you're coming from, but I disagree about the amount it helps.

If you ask me, Toyota will win - they were the first to throw in with the IRL, they swept the podium yesterday, and they've got a lot of teams.

I'd take Ganassi & Penske over AGR, too, for sure.

Helio with the first threepeat has a better ring to it.

Don Quixote
03-03-03, 06:22 PM
I think the fix could be on, but may not work just because its a 500 miler. Too many things to go wrong, and we all know about the Andretti luck.

RacinM3
03-03-03, 08:00 PM
If the I*L "safety team" truck (do they have one?) is seen pushing Smilin' Mikey over the yard of bricks for the checker you'll know the fix is in.

That's about the only way I see him winning what used to be called the big Show.

Lizzerd
03-03-03, 11:03 PM
Was his the car in front of the pace cars for a while on one of the parade laps? I just caught a fleeting glmpse of it on the tube, and nothing was mentioned by the experts in the booth. My, oh my, how quickly they accept as a hero a man who scorned them too few years ago.

The fix is in. MA will win the irl500.

cart7
03-04-03, 09:10 AM
I too have a feeling Michael will get the call in May.