PDA

View Full Version : The corner worker issue

nrc
03-03-03, 05:35 PM
I guess I can understand why some folks would be upset about CART's position on corner works and observers. Going to Mid Ohio for years I know that the Lake Erie Communications people are some of the most professional anywhere.

But I think people need to understand CART's position. They see that they need to have a source of corner workers and observers who they can be confident will meet some uniform standard of expertese. That's simply good business practice even if you don't want to point fingers at specific problems.

They have two choices, they can either establish their own process to train, certify and manage those people or they can select someone else to do that for them. The latter is the only logical choice and the SCCA is the only organization that can step in and handle it nationwide.

Ziggy
03-03-03, 09:55 PM
I agree

Ziggy

WWpantz
03-03-03, 11:40 PM
If CCWS uses the national presence of SCCA to run the flags, what a great way to entice new members to become more involved! If I had more time, more money and fewer kids, I might give it a go myself!

BTW, can a corner worker wave the passflag (Hattori blue with stripe)? Or is that a start/finish only flag?

Napoleon
03-04-03, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by WWpantz
BTW, can a corner worker wave the passflag (Hattori blue with stripe)? Or is that a start/finish only flag?

All flags are held at all corners except the checker, and I assume the green (although at SCCA events they sometimes designate the last corner or so before pit in as one that can throw the checker during untimed sessions). During broadcast you can see the blue flag being shown at various corners.