PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona race

oddlycalm
05-08-05, 04:39 PM
Dominating drive from Kimi, lapping up to the sixth place finisher. If they can get some reliability they McLaren will be very tough. Another solid drive from Alonso who's car was no match for the McLaren and perhaps not even his teamate. I'm still scratching my head about what happened to Fizzie to bring him in out of 2nd.

About the broadcast. I'm sure some will say it could be worse, but Daly and Shaheen had little idea what was going on which made watching the race confusing as hell. I kept having to go back and check when their commentary disagreed with my eyes, which was pretty much always. Without using a PVR, or something like it, I would have found the race nearly impossible to follow. They totally missed that Fisichella had gotten ahead of Alonso, or how he did it, until he pitted out of 2nd, and seemed blithely in the dark about most of what was going on. The race was nearly over when they finally speculated whether Reubens was on a one stop strategy... :shakehead :thumdown:

oc

RusH
05-08-05, 05:30 PM
Apart from the result :thumbup: the race was average.
Toyota is the big story of the year, good job by Fabio Trulli :D

Kimi getting a long deserved win, and Alonso on the podium at home was nice.
That synchronized stall by Minardi on the grid was priceless, but turned it into a 16 car field :thumdown:

coolhand
05-08-05, 05:38 PM

That synchronized stall by Minardi on the grid was priceless, but turned it into a 16 car field :thumdown:

that was funny, it must of been the software for them to both stall like that.

talk about a glitch

I thought i race was good, i like that circuit. If i could drive a f1 car i would do it there and fly down that straightaway past those grandstands. :)

SteveH
05-08-05, 06:34 PM

Even if Minardi hadn't stalled it still would have been a 16 car field.

Dr. Corkski
05-08-05, 08:46 PM
Even if Minardi hadn't stalled it still would have been a 16 car field. :rofl: Serves Stoddart right for that stunt he pulled in Oz.

Kimi and Alonso should provide plenty of good battles for a good while. With the Ferrari uncompetitive there simply isn't another driver in those two's class. Maybe Trulli. :thumbup:

pchall
05-09-05, 06:36 AM
Daly and Shaheen were underwhelming. How many people watching that broadcast really needed explanations of the rollover bar or the flattop of the steering wheel in place of description and analysis of the racing?

oddlycalm
05-09-05, 12:31 PM
Daly and Shaheen were underwhelming. How many people watching that broadcast really needed explanations of the rollover bar or the flattop of the steering wheel in place of description and analysis of the racing? True enough. I can overlook the "F1 For Dummies" approach because their brief is to bring in a wider audience, but there is no excuse for not knowing what the hell is going on during the race.

oc

cameraman
05-09-05, 12:36 PM
I think they are aiming the commentary towards new fans but they really do need to step up the intellectual level a notch or two. The average American may be as dumb as a box of rocks but telling us why the car has a roll bar was ridiculous.

The Spanish camera work & direction was nothing to write home about either.

Gnam
05-09-05, 01:10 PM
I would have liked to hear a little more about Trulli's fire: f1 gallery (http://www.formula1.com/gallery/736.html)