PDA

View Full Version : Are Ferrari's Problems Because of Ferrari?

Insomniac
05-08-05, 04:26 PM
What is the feeling around here on why Ferrari has been at best, middle of the pack this season so far? Is it Ferrari Engineering not keeping up with the others or simply Bridgestone getting whipped by Michelin? My feeling it is Bridgestone (gearbox issues being the exception). Maybe Ferrari should start making tires. ;)

Methanolandbrats
05-08-05, 04:51 PM
Bridgestone moved the Firestone SUV tire engineers to the F1 project.

coolhand
05-08-05, 05:00 PM
definitly the tires

that was funny when MS exited the pits and locked up and blew his tire. right between the mclarens.

Dr. Corkski
05-08-05, 08:47 PM
It's Bridgestone. But then it's what Ferrari gets for making them focus solely on them.

oddlycalm
05-09-05, 12:23 PM
It's Bridgestone. But then it's what Ferrari gets for making them focus solely on them. Exactly right, yet another case of "be careful what you wish for."

oc

ilferrari
05-10-05, 12:35 PM
I'd also say it's mostly Bridgestone, their tire is lacking in qualifying/ hot conditions compared to Michelin. I never understood why both companies relied so much on each other, no wonder the rivals all scattered to Michelin.

Jervis Tetch 1
05-10-05, 03:21 PM
It's been said here many times, but it's Bridgestone.

RichK
05-10-05, 03:23 PM
It's KARMA from last year's political move against Michelin. And I love it! :laugh:

Dirty Sanchez
05-10-05, 03:42 PM
2 years ago... but who's counting.

Bridgestone is a problem but just comes down to lack of testing mileage... but they also have had an assortment of other non-tire related retirements this season as well.

eiregosod
05-10-05, 09:03 PM
Its gonna be a long HOT summer here ;)

ChampCar#3
05-11-05, 12:39 AM
MS is just an overpaid overrated wanker like JV.
HANG'EM UP MICHAEL !!!
Don't you know when you don't win a race like you have since last season that is a sure sign you're washed-up!.................errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............. .Slap myself.....sorry the whineritis is contagous here!

mapguy
05-11-05, 12:55 AM
Chassis designed around your preferences: $200 million a year.
Having tires designed specifically for your tastes: $100 million a year.
Having a wussy teammate: <enter Ruben's salary here.>
Being made to look like the over rated, pointy chinned, dirty, chaeting bastard that you are by teams with half the budget, limited testing and non-custom made tires:...

Priceless.....

chop456
05-11-05, 02:39 AM
Blah Blah Blah... (http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlines/news/detail/050510161525.shtml)

Ankf00
05-11-05, 07:49 AM
you'd think when you only have 1 team to worry about you can maximize your efficiency, guess not :gomer:

Insomniac
05-11-05, 03:36 PM
It seems if Bridgestone focused on just making a better tire in general, it would benefit Ferrari more than making a tire for them.

Would Ferrari have ever tested their car with Michelins to see how they perform, or would they have to have a deal before they ever gave them a tire. I guess what I mean is, do teams evaluate both tires before going with one, or do they choose blindly?

RTKar
05-11-05, 07:00 PM
It's been said here many times, but it's Bridgestone.

I would imagine tires are the primary issue but a slightly ill chassis could necessitate aero tweaks that unduly wear the tires...could Schumi be overdriving to make up for an aero problem?

Insomniac
05-12-05, 09:15 AM
I guess the days of starting out of the first 3 rows meant you had a chance to win are over.

tllips
05-12-05, 10:06 AM
Just a question....

Did The Chin retire on their own volition? Or, did he HAVE to retire?

I thought that the new tire rules allowed you to change only ONE tire during the race. In this case, they changed the Left rear when it was punctured.

If the left front blew before Pit In, would they have been able to change it and return to the track?

cameraman
05-12-05, 12:24 PM
Just a question....

Did The Chin retire on their own volition? Or, did he HAVE to retire?

He has chewed up the barge boards on the left side and was carrying a load of gravel. Reason enough to park it for a new engine.

tllips
05-12-05, 02:24 PM
He has chewed up the barge boards on the left side and was carrying a load of gravel. Reason enough to park it for a new engine.

Yes, But could they have changed the SECOND tire and continued? Or is that against the new rules?

TrueBrit
05-12-05, 02:48 PM
Yes, But could they have changed the SECOND tire and continued? Or is that against the new rules?

If the tyre suffers catastrophic failure you may replace that tyre ONLY...

RacinM3
05-12-05, 03:50 PM
Wow, some people sure are quick to climb all over a team that's been so dominant so long.

Personally, I think they'll be back with a vengeance. Schumacher wasn't just lucky when he chased down Alonso for the lead from a 13th starting spot 2 races ago.

I guess we'll see.....

cameraman
05-12-05, 03:54 PM
Ferrari is working to fix the problem.

It seems Red Bull's Ferrari supporting ownership has decided to run Bridgestones next year in their Ferrari powered car...

coolhand
05-12-05, 03:56 PM
Ferrari is working to fix the problem.

It seems Red Bull's Ferrari supporting ownership has decided to run Bridgestones next year in their Ferrari powered car...

then what if Ferrari cannot get it together and is competing with Red Bull for finishes?

Lame move on Red Bulls part :shakehead

EDwardo
05-14-05, 04:21 PM
The Chin and Team Fiat are sandbagging. The plan is obvious. Let the pretenders think they might dethrone them and then win the last 8 races. Classic Italian opera with a little Wagner epic tossed in.