PDA

View Full Version : Allmendinger and Red Bull

pchall
05-08-05, 10:58 AM
While catching up on the week's racing news I spotted this at The Mile's site:

12) A.J. Allmendinger (#10 Red Bull Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone) – 21.065/176.368

After running the China '06 car at Long Beach, will AJ show up with significant Red Bull signage on his car at Monterrey? His RuSport Lola is also listed this way on the Champcar site in the MKE testing times.

Spicoli
05-08-05, 11:31 AM
No way they would abandon Eddie The Cheeeber. :gomer:

:thumbup:

Winston Wolfe
05-08-05, 11:35 AM
No way they would abandon Eddie The Cheeeber. :gomer:

:thumbup:

Did you just answer your own question about "Guess the team that gets blown out after the .1rl 497.5 ?"
:confused:

ChampCar#3
05-08-05, 12:19 PM
Probably because RedBull thinks they can sell more product to 900 trillion Chinese than 2 gomers in HicksLicks Indiana !

pchall
05-08-05, 12:20 PM
Did you just answer your own question about "Guess the team that gets blown out after the .1rl 497.5 ?"
:confused:

It certainly made me think that Spicoli was writing about underaCheever.

fourrunner
05-08-05, 04:21 PM
.... But What would Happen to Patreeeeek and all the Millions he's making there ?...

Do you think Cheever will off himself .... I mean he has failed downward at every form of Racing he's tried ...

Of course knowing this it's obvious Cheever can never be embarrassed!

So he'll probably start a Go Kart Team , and mess that up too ! ;)

Ankf00
05-08-05, 04:36 PM
I wonder what it would be like to lack any and all sense of shame like him... :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
05-08-05, 04:58 PM
I wonder what it would be like to lack any and all sense of shame like him... :gomer:

Hi. :)

fourrunner
05-08-05, 05:03 PM
Hi. :)

LMAO !!! :rofl: :rofl:

coolhand
05-08-05, 05:08 PM
Cheever drove in F1 :gomer:

Lizzerd
05-08-05, 05:12 PM

With "drove" being the key word in that sentence, rather than "raced".

coolhand
05-08-05, 05:14 PM
With "drove" being the key word in that sentence, rather than "raced".

he beat the likes of Greg Ray and Scott Sharp to win indy fivehundret :gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

SteveH
05-08-05, 06:31 PM
Eddie Cheever competed in F1 longer than any American without a win.

JLMannin
05-08-05, 09:55 PM
And in 1991, Marco Greco was a test driver for the Fondmetal F1 team. :rolleyes:

Dr. Corkski
05-08-05, 09:56 PM
Probably because RedBull thinks they can sell more product to 900 trillion Chinese than 2 gomers in HicksLicks Indiana !Isn't Red Bull banned in China?

Rus'L
05-10-05, 12:09 PM
While catching up on the week's racing news I spotted this at The Mile's site:

12) A.J. Allmendinger (#10 Red Bull Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone) – 21.065/176.368

After running the China '06 car at Long Beach, will AJ show up with significant Red Bull signage on his car at Monterrey? His RuSport Lola is also listed this way on the Champcar site in the MKE testing times.

Allmendinger had Red Bull as a personal sponsor last year. I suspect they were just listing it since there was no other sponsor to put down on entry sheet.

Steve99
05-10-05, 02:31 PM
he beat the likes of Greg Ray and Scott Sharp to win irl fivehundret :gomer: :gomer: :gomer:
^^^ edited for correctness

Al Czervik
05-10-05, 05:16 PM
Eddie Cheever competed in F1 longer than any American without a win.

Lets see. No wins makes you a, um whats the word I'm looking for?

Thats right...

Loser

fourrunner
05-10-05, 05:43 PM
Steady Eddie Cheever had 0 Wins in F1 ... 0 Wins in CART .... Then he steps down to the IRL and starts winning ... but not that often ....

His Wins in the IRL and at Indy are the equivelent of Kosmo Kramer being the Best Student in the 11 year old Karate Class, and like Kramer, Cheever eventually got mugged in the alley by the 11 year olds, who forced him into retirement!

He has nowhere to go but down!

extramundane
05-10-05, 07:13 PM
His Wins in the IRL and at Indy are the equivelent of Kosmo Kramer being the Best Student in the 11 year old Karate Class, and like Kramer, Cheever eventually got mugged in the alley by the 11 year olds, who forced him into retirement!

:rofl:

Jag_Warrior
05-15-05, 01:42 PM
Isn't Red Bull banned in China?

I'm thinking it should be banned here too. Does anybody else notice their hands shaking after drinking that stuff? I tried some for the first time - pretty nasty tasting $#!^ if you ask me. But I noticed (and other people did too) that my hands were skaking like Elmo the Wino after no Thunderbird for a week.

Sean O'Gorman
05-15-05, 03:24 PM
Quit yer whinin', old man! ;)

Jag_Warrior
05-15-05, 04:26 PM
D@mn young whipper-snappers! Drivin' those Japanese cars with yer loud mufflers and such! :mad:

Sean O'Gorman
05-15-05, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I need to mature and buy a nice, quiet, 1st gen RX-7. :saywhat:

Jag_Warrior
05-16-05, 09:02 PM
Or a WRX. Just be careful where you park it. Someone stole the cats off mine. :gomer:

Still not as quick as the RX7 though...

Ferdman
05-17-05, 04:25 PM
Haven't tried Red Bull solely because they're sponsoring Undera-Cheever. Even though they sponser 'Dinger, I won't try it because I detest the .1RL and Cheever more. Once Red Bull comepletely pulls out of the Broken Back Racing League, I'll raise a toast.......with a Red Bull drink.

Dr. Corkski
05-17-05, 04:45 PM
Haven't tried Red Bull solely because they're sponsoring Undera-Cheever. Even though they sponser 'Dinger, I won't try it because I detest the .1RL and Cheever more. Once Red Bull comepletely pulls out of the Broken Back Racing League, I'll raise a toast.......with a Red Bull drink.Obviously the boycotts of Red Bull due to their Cheever sponsorship is hurting Mateschitz so much that he ended up buying a F1 team. :gomer:

Ferdman
05-17-05, 08:03 PM
Obviously the boycotts of Red Bull due to their Cheever sponsorship is hurting Mateschitz so much that he ended up buying a F1 team. :gomer:

Boycotting isn't losing him money, but the F1 team is according to Forbes Magazine: "Mateschitz's latest indulgence: the purchase of a Formula One racing team, an extravagance that will absorb $100 million a year to keep on the track while generating only $70 million in revenue. "

Link (http://www.forbes.com/global/2005/0328/028_print.html)

racer2c
05-17-05, 11:11 PM
Boycotting isn't losing him money, but the F1 team is according to Forbes Magazine: "Mateschitz's latest indulgence: the purchase of a Formula One racing team, an extravagance that will absorb $100 million a year to keep on the track while generating only $70 million in revenue. "

Link (http://www.forbes.com/global/2005/0328/028_print.html)

Good find. :thumbup:

Dr. Corkski
05-18-05, 03:50 AM

Link (http://www.forbes.com/global/2005/0328/028_print.html)Serves them right for picking Speed over RHR. :gomer:

JT265
05-18-05, 08:45 AM
Serves them right for picking Speed over RHR. :gomer:

Dunno, I've been high on Speed many times.

OOPS! Wrong context. <sorry> :gomer:

racer2c
05-18-05, 09:23 AM
Serves them right for picking Speed over RHR. :gomer:

You need to stop reading the race line in the Santa Fe Gazzette. :gomer:

msvphoto
05-18-05, 03:24 PM
I'm thinking it should be banned here too. Does anybody else notice their hands shaking after drinking that stuff? I tried some for the first time - pretty nasty tasting $#!^ if you ask me. But I noticed (and other people did too) that my hands were skaking like Elmo the Wino after no Thunderbird for a week.

While I agree, and don't drink it myself for the reasons you describe (coffee and espresso work for me), didn't you realize you're supposed to mix it with Vodka? :D