PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Ohio ALMS

Sean O'Gorman
05-06-05, 04:28 PM
I'll be there Friday and Sunday. Anyone going?

mueber
05-12-05, 04:46 PM
I may be there Sunday depending on family schedules.

tantra
05-12-05, 06:53 PM
I'll be there (at least) Sunday.
Need a race fix bad!

Spicoli
05-12-05, 07:22 PM
I'll be there Friday and Sunday. Anyone going?

Oh you are gonna regret this. :D

IN.

Sean O'Gorman
05-12-05, 07:46 PM
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Track beer sucks (Coors or Molson or something like that), whats your beverage of choice?

rosawendel
05-12-05, 07:49 PM
sunday, as part of the bachelor party (good tune up for le mans). :D

Spicoli
05-13-05, 06:21 AM
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Track beer sucks (Coors or Molson or something like that), whats your beverage of choice?

Don't worry about me.

i'm in with Stretch & Natty & IceHouse & Beer (the guy) and a mess O others.

Coors and molson are fine.

Track beer>? you don;t pack coolers? :rofl:

P.S. - we like Latin chicas. ;)

Sean O'Gorman
05-13-05, 09:08 AM
Don't worry about me.

i'm in with Stretch & Natty & IceHouse & Beer (the guy) and a mess O others.

Coors and molson are fine.

Track beer>? you don;t pack coolers? :rofl:

You actually have a friend named Beer?

And yes I do bring a cooler, but I figured I'd mention because I brought a friend to the Superbikes and he ended up paying $4.00 for a bottle of Coors Light because he was too lazy to carry his cooler (full of Coors Light) around the track with him. :saywhat:

P.S. - we like Latin chicas. ;)

:rofl:

Spicoli
05-13-05, 10:49 AM
Game on little feller.

Why no Saturday? :saywhat:

Sean O'Gorman
05-13-05, 12:59 PM
Grandparents' 50th anniversary in Miamisburg. If I skip that, I'm out of the will and probably kicked out of my house too. :laugh:

Methanolandbrats
05-13-05, 01:15 PM
Grandparents' 50th anniversary in Miamisburg. If I skip that, I'm out of the will and probably kicked out of my house too. :laugh: Sack up son. I'm skipping my wife's family reunion for the USGP. Her relatives are coming from all over the World. I told em they picked a bad weekend :D

Dirty Sanchez
05-13-05, 01:17 PM
Sack up son. I'm skipping my wife's family reunion for the USGP. Her relatives are coming from all over the World. I told em they picked a bad weekend :Ddude gets it :thumbup:

my old lady still remembers the wedding ban of 01 :laugh:

Sean O'Gorman
05-13-05, 01:29 PM
Sack up son. I'm skipping my wife's family reunion for the USGP. Her relatives are coming from all over the World. I told em they picked a bad weekend :D

You want to give me a place to live?

Besides, I'm still getting hell from 4 years ago when I skipped my h.s. graduation party to go to the Cleveland GP, and for bailing on a homecoming date in favor of the Runoffs instead. :laugh:

Spicoli
05-13-05, 02:56 PM
wanker. didn;t you go to the first 50?

RTKar
05-13-05, 09:32 PM
You want to give me a place to live?

Besides, I'm still getting hell from 4 years ago when I skipped my h.s. graduation party to go to the Cleveland GP, and for bailing on a homecoming date in favor of the Runoffs instead. :laugh:

Priorities my friend....I've blown off a wedding and a family reunion for RA and I'm still in the will.

BTW..Icehouse and Beer, the Milwaukee boys......kind of like the male version of Laverne and Shirley :p , nice guys...I think Beer is still in turn 3 at the Mile from last year, trying to bend down to reach into the nacho chip bag as it layed open by his feet......he was having trouble with his aim.

Spicoli
05-16-05, 12:04 PM
5 days. (bump)

Ankf00
05-16-05, 09:30 PM
and for bailing on a homecoming date in favor of the Runoffs instead. :laugh:

lies. pure lies.

date?

hah.

Sean O'Gorman
05-18-05, 11:14 AM
I have:

4 Friday gen adm and paddock passes
5 Saturday gen adm and paddock passes
4 Sunday gen adm and paddock passes

If anyone is interested in them, let me know so we can make arrangements for you to get them. If you live in the Cleveland area, or between Cleveland and Dayton (since that is where I'm heading on Friday night), or want to pick them up at the track, let me know.

Oh yeah, they are free of course.

Spicoli
05-18-05, 11:38 AM
I have:

4 Friday gen adm and paddock passes
5 Saturday gen adm and paddock passes
4 Sunday gen adm and paddock passes

If anyone is interested in them, let me know so we can make arrangements for you to get them. If you live in the Cleveland area, or between Cleveland and Dayton (since that is where I'm heading on Friday night), or want to pick them up at the track, let me know.

Oh yeah, they are free of course.

YES! i'll take all of them. Seriously.

Sean O'Gorman
05-18-05, 12:06 PM
2 Saturday and 2 Sunday ones have already been claimed, you were beat by 4 minutes. You can have the rest (4 Fri, 3 Sat, 2 Sun).

Spicoli
05-18-05, 02:26 PM
Send them to me, ****er!

check yo PMs yo.

oh yeah, thanks. I'll keep people from punching you now.

:wave:

Spicoli
05-20-05, 10:41 AM
Anyone else?

Leaving at 3:30 today.

:w00t:

Classic Apex
05-20-05, 11:13 AM
I think Beer is still in turn 3 at the Mile from last year, trying to bend down to reach into the nacho chip bag as it layed open by his feet...

Cracks me up whenever I remember that.

Ankf00
05-22-05, 01:48 PM
I suppose OGorman's getting the ever living snot knocked out of him right about now...

Sean O'Gorman
05-22-05, 06:54 PM
Nice try, but your guess is wrong.

You should try going to races sometime, they are really alot of fun. :gomer:

dando
05-22-05, 07:25 PM
Rain much up there? Unfortunately I forgot CBS had coverage.

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
05-22-05, 08:39 PM
Started raining with about 30 min left in the race, stopped before the start of the GT3 Cup race (great race, too bad no one stuck around for it since the temp dropped about 20 degrees), and then picked up again through most of the GT3 race.

Spicoli
05-22-05, 09:33 PM
I suppose OGorman's getting the ever living snot knocked out of him right about now...

no, but you are on my list.

;)

No, I met the infamous SOG finally today. Nice guy. good racing, and great weather (up until about 20 minutes to go when God decided to pee on the circuit).

CCWS need to be back tthere - BIG time. I love mid O.

We yelled at a guy with an IRL shirt on Sat. :gomer:

dando
05-22-05, 09:40 PM
CCWS need to be back tthere - BIG time. I love mid O.

We yelled at a guy with an IRL shirt on Sat. :gomer:

What's the IRL? :gomer:

Amen on getting CCWS back @ MO. However, the potties need to be upgraded. :gomer: :rolleyes:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
05-22-05, 09:43 PM
No, I met the infamous SOG finally today. Nice guy.Next thing you know zerO will show up at a racetrack. :saywhat:

coolhand
05-22-05, 10:08 PM
What's the IRL? :gomer:

Amen on getting CCWS back @ MO. However, the potties need to be upgraded. :gomer: :rolleyes:

-Kevin

then Mid-o would be set for the next 50 years :gomer:

Spicoli
05-23-05, 08:00 AM
Next thing you know zerO will show up at a racetrack. :saywhat:

Dear God no.

please keep me away from that thing,.

mueber
05-23-05, 08:28 AM
Had a great time. Pleased with the size of the crowd.

Spicoli
05-23-05, 10:10 AM
Had a great time. Pleased with the size of the crowd.

Me too.

[blogger]

A few notes, as (believe it or not) this was my first ALMS race - EVER! :saywhat:

anyway, The on track was good. the Spped Challenge race Saturdsay was a biggie surprise. Way cool cars, and I even got to see my old friend "Genetically Superior Max Papis" podium with the CTS. The 911s sounded awesome, and i finally figured out that the car I couldn;t figger out what it was - it was a GTO. Big throaty sounds, and close competition. lots of passes and dicing. FBMW was fun, saw these guys driving out of the paddock, and about hit us. Cars look a blast to drive. the FF2000s were not bad either.

The ALMS cars are things of beauty. I have to wonder why there are so few cars in each class, but I suppose its just a manifestation of the pulse of Auto Racing that's not NASCAR right now. Kinda sad. Why big car counts is important to me (us) I can't figure out. Buyt as an American, more is always better, right? ;) That Maserati is the bomb. I hear the A/Martins are even cooler. The Vettes are the best sounding for sure, and I believe we set a new track record somewhere late Saturday, as Calvin fish was going "absolutely bobastic" about it. I heard these fellas were only about 1.5 to 2 secs off the champcar pace.

The headliner race was a little bit of a let down. but that was just me. I still got the tinglies as they came off the green and thru the esses, but after a while, it was hard to keep track of who was where (the biggie IMSA screens helped alot -= CCWS could learn from that) but I was pretty much unfamiliar with alot of the car/driver combos. My loss I suppose.

But overall I really like it. the scene was upbeat and positive. Only saw a few #8's and #3's, and only 2 doodles in EARL gear, so the gomer quotient was extremely low. Campsite Sat night was cool, at one time we had about 60 people drinking/bench racing/lying/pimping about, passed the Jameson, Jello Shots, Jagermeister, and about every brand of beer you could imagine.

Merch was weak. Saw Defender's brother's rig.

Crowd was a bit bigger than CCWS last visit there. Car Club/SCCA doods were everywhere. the parking lots had massive nice rigs about. Crapus wopuld have been proud of the Audi representation.

The Caddillac sluts in their 4"platform boots seemed AWFULLY out of place. LOL. But I got a free can coozie. Overall, not a bad time at all!

[blogger - out]

SteveH
05-23-05, 11:26 AM
^ So this means you'll do the Petit this year? :gomer: :wave:

Dirty Sanchez
05-23-05, 11:29 AM
we knew you'd like it if you tried it. couch is a place too (was for me this weekend). good stuff on television tho' :thumbup:

Spicoli
05-23-05, 12:17 PM
^ So this means you'll do the Petit this year? :gomer: :wave:

coke lot! :gomer: :rofl:

coolhand
05-23-05, 12:47 PM
Merch was weak. Saw Defender's brother's rig.

elaborate :eek:

Spicoli
05-23-05, 01:02 PM
elaborate :eek:

he sells t-shirts and related junk. some's not bad. but mostly old, retread, whatever. saw him at USGP last year too.

i just saw the same crap that you See OVER AND OVER. (asomeone please burn down the Race Girl stand!)

The event T's were OK.

*Note to vendors: NO MORE NEON TSHIRTS****

coolhand
05-23-05, 01:14 PM
Let me guess. Ferrari and Dale Jr. gear? :gomer:

pchall
05-23-05, 01:15 PM
I was thinking about going up for the day, but I forgot to wake up at 5am to shave, shower, pack a lunch, and drive. At 7:30am it was fuggetit -- Michelle doesn't deserve my dollars now that she has no ¥en for running races.

Spicoli
05-23-05, 01:21 PM
Let me guess. Ferrari and Dale Jr. gear? :gomer:

Come to USGP and i'll show you.

Napoleon
05-23-05, 01:27 PM
he sells t-shirts and related junk. some's not bad. but mostly old, retread, whatever. saw him at USGP last year too.

A few years ago Ziggy claimed he saw Depender working at one of those places. I recall him saying that one guy at the place was spewing all kinds of lemming stuff, and if memory serves one of the things he was saying was that Sarah F. would end up in F1. So his brother ownes it?

I think I figured the place Ziggy was talking about is called Station Square or something like that. Its a fairly beat up truck he sells out of. I have avoided buying anything there since that time.

Spicoli
05-23-05, 01:31 PM
A few years ago Ziggy claimed he saw Depender working at one of those places. I recall him saying that one guy at the place was spewing all kinds of lemming stuff, and if memory serves one of the things he was saying was that Sarah F. would end up in F1. So his brother ownes it?

I think I figured the place Ziggy was talking about is called Station Square or something like that. Its a fairly beat up truck he sells out of. I have avoided buying anything there since that time.

Bingo.

The truck advertises their "Store" in Union Station, which has been gone since the mid-90's. Prolly evil CART made them move out. :rofl:

Hey, I'm not baggin on the guy for his company/line of work. I just think its a funny link to our favorite Innnernut poster - Defender.

He had a cool retro Lotus shirt, and a couple other things worth consideration, but no money was had by me.

Napoleon
05-23-05, 01:35 PM
Bingo.

Well that makes me feel better that I figured out the right guy then to quit doing business with. Ziggy didn't post a name of the place and I had to use process of elimination to figure out who he was talking about.

I had bought from him in the past though and he does carry some neat stuff.

SteveH
05-23-05, 01:53 PM

Was with Ziggy at MO when we stopped by his T shirt stand. Once Ziggy got wound up I had to walk away or I would have been laughing out loud. :laugh: Also saw the same dude at RA's first ALMS race. Had a sign that said "Don Panoz Please Buy CART"

The guy's an idiot. :gomer: Genetics have a lot to do with it. ;)

coolhand
05-23-05, 01:54 PM
Had a sign that said "Don Panoz Please Buy CART"

The guy's an idiot. :gomer: Genetics have a lot to do with it. ;)

man i wish i saw this :rofl:

Napoleon
05-23-05, 01:56 PM
Once Ziggy got wound up . . .

Ziggy, wound up! Nah, couldn't be.

RTKar
05-23-05, 06:12 PM
Ziggy, wound up! Nah, couldn't be.

:rofl: get him talking about the Hulman family... :rofl:

Sean O'Gorman
05-23-05, 06:29 PM
Seeing how riled up he gets here when I do something to anger him, I can only imagine what its like in person... ;)

Ankf00
05-23-05, 08:23 PM
wow, he survived.

oddlycalm
05-23-05, 11:12 PM
Amen on getting CCWS back @ MO. However, the potties need to be upgraded. :gomer: :rolleyes: Right, gotta keep up with those designer crappers at Road America. :laugh: Race? Musta missed it while I was road testing the new plumbing....

oc