PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland 2005

Opposite Lock
05-05-05, 09:49 PM
We're going - are you?

Sean O'Gorman
05-05-05, 10:41 PM
Fri, Sat, and Sun! I actually am leaving my job the Wednesday of that week because they wont give me a 3 day weekend off and I was going to leave after I finish classes on the 30th but I might as well move it up a week. :)

TurboTodd
05-06-05, 12:24 AM
Indy one weekend, Cleveland the next..

My wife has no idea what she is in for..

TKGAngel
05-06-05, 06:08 AM
I'll be there, with the mom unit, for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Napoleon
05-06-05, 07:17 AM
Already here!

rabbit
05-06-05, 08:02 AM
I'm not going to be able to make it this year. I am doing a 10-week internship in Washington D.C. and won't be back until the first week of August. Maybe next year.

Warlock!
05-06-05, 08:14 AM
Mebbe... if so, prolly a race day only thang.

RTKar
05-06-05, 08:26 AM
Possibly, it's been years since I've attended only one Champcar race. With Milwaukee being the only local one :thumdown: , Cleveland would be my next choice...

Sean O'Gorman
05-06-05, 11:07 AM
Possibly, it's been years since I've attended only one Champcar race. With Milwaukee being the only local one :thumdown: , Cleveland would be my next choice...

BUT THINK OF THE CHINESE FANS!!!

Methanolandbrats
05-06-05, 11:11 AM
BUT THINK OF THE CHINESE FANS!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1775000/images/_1775748_chinese_fans300.jpg

RTKar
05-06-05, 06:07 PM
/\

I'm sure the Commie regime will make sure the stands are full...

rocket
05-07-05, 06:52 AM
Yup, 4 days there....just about anyways, arriving Thur. leaving Mon. morn.

Part of the 4 races in 6 weeks tour for me. Milwaukee, USGP, Cleveland, Toronto.

mueber
05-09-05, 09:33 AM
Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Anteater
05-09-05, 10:26 PM
Yup, 4 days there....just about anyways, arriving Thur. leaving Mon. morn.

That's close to my itinerary...arriving Wed. night, staying through Monday morning. And I'm on the "2 races in 2 weeks" schedule (coming in from the Portland race). :cool: My first trip to Cleveland!

dando
05-09-05, 10:48 PM
Prolly just raceday unless we head up early Sat b4 the Tribe/Reds game Sat PM. Looking forward to meeting some folks for the first time. :cool:

-Kevin

dando
05-31-05, 12:51 PM
Need some advice on where to sit...is G or F better? IIRC, most of you folks sit in G to catch the action @ 9/10. Looks like good seats are still available (row 8 in G). Of course, it helps that I'm looking for a single. Best available according to Ticketbastid are in E.

SOG, does your Uncle have any leftovers? I could bring my 2005 ALMS Guide for you to read during the yellers. ;)

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
05-31-05, 02:17 PM
SOG, does your Uncle have any leftovers? I could bring my 2005 ALMS Guide for you to read during the yellers. ;)

I think he has one more. He is off on business alot so I haven't gotten to talk to him much, I'm still trying to find out what payment terms are acceptable for Lizzerd.

Lizzerd
05-31-05, 04:37 PM
I think he has one more. He is off on business alot so I haven't gotten to talk to him much, I'm still trying to find out what payment terms are acceptable for Lizzerd.

You tell me. Cash at the track, mail a check... Do you take Visa?

FCYTravis
05-31-05, 05:18 PM
Maybe... if so, all three days in the Cooper Series paddock. :cool:

dando
05-31-05, 05:42 PM
Cool. If you can let me know by EOW, that would be helpful. That way I can order one early next week if necessary. I'm flexible on payment terms, but it may take an extra day or two to get a check to you since I don't write checks anymore. I only do online bill pay.

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
05-31-05, 06:44 PM
You tell me. Cash at the track, mail a check... Do you take Visa?

I meant I'm trying to find out from him, not you.

Car-B-Q
06-05-05, 08:27 AM
Fly in on Friday morning...Fly out on Sunday night.

Andrew Longman
06-07-05, 09:14 PM
Trevor and I are flying the Acura TL across Rt 80 at some ungodly hour Friday morning. Will be in my Section E seat in time for the first lap and there for the duration :D

Still waiting for my tix in the mail. they said they would mail them after Memorial Day. Anyone got theirs or are Jersey customers treated differently?

Ankf00
06-07-05, 09:30 PM
whatever, y'all HAVE races...

eat me :gomer:

Napoleon
06-07-05, 09:35 PM
Anyone got theirs or are Jersey customers treated differently?
do not have mine

I will post as soon as I have them

SID
06-08-05, 06:45 AM
My pal Steve and I are somewhere in the top 5 rows of E. He decided that since we only get to do one Champcar race this year, we needed the "god" ticket, with all-access passes. $120/each, I think, but with the crap we've both been through in the past year, I've gotta agree with him, we deserve it.

Needless to say, all three days....... :D

So who is up for a Friday night get-together?

Elmo T
06-08-05, 07:40 AM
I am in for my first visit to Cleveland this year. We are somewhere up in the top of the "E" stands. Should be headed out I-80 West somewhere right behind Andrew - though maybe a bit later.

Andrew - I am right across the river and I received my tickets weeks ago. It must be a Jersey thing ;) .

Napoleon
06-08-05, 07:52 AM
Andrew - I am right across the river and I received my tickets weeks ago. It must be a Jersey thing ;) .

Has anyone else recieved their tickets?

dando
06-08-05, 10:52 AM
whatever, y'all HAVE races...

eat me :gomer:
Go have fun @ TMS this weekend. :gomer:

-Kevin

mueber
06-08-05, 03:12 PM
Has anyone else recieved their tickets?

Not recieved mine yet, beginning to wonder.

TKGAngel
06-08-05, 04:34 PM
I called the ticket office today and was told that the tickets are going to be mailed out starting Saturday. We should start receiving them by next mid-next week. :)

mueber
06-08-05, 06:26 PM
I called the ticket office today and was told that the tickets are going to be mailed out starting Saturday. We should start receiving them by next mid-next week. :)

Great. Thanks for the information.

Napoleon
06-08-05, 07:56 PM
I only asked about the tickets because someone above said they got them, and I always get them as early as anyone else.

Andrew Longman
06-09-05, 07:00 AM
I am in for my first visit to Cleveland this year. We are somewhere up in the top of the "E" stands. Should be headed out I-80 West somewhere right behind Andrew - though maybe a bit later.

Could be. More likely the mail truck is stuck on some potholed PA road. :)

Anteater
06-09-05, 04:46 PM
Last week I decided to phone the box office because I'd forgotten to write down my exact seating assignments (Grandstand E1, Row 3, seats 5 & 6 in case anyone is interested). Then I decided to verify that the tickets were being mailed, and the gal told me that there was a slight delay in the mailing process--tickets wouldn't be mailed until "the end of next week."

Sometime after I hung up the phone, I realized that "the end of next week" meant June 10th. I live in California and am leaving for Portland on 6/16, then continuing on to Cleveland after the race. If those tickets weren't in my mailbox by 6/15, I would be in a bad situation! So I emailed the box-office manager through the Cleveland GP website and explained my dilemma. She phoned me at 5:30 the next morning :eek: , and told me that they'd hold my tickets at the gate. WHEW!

Napoleon
06-10-05, 05:23 PM
My tickets have arrived!

Ankf00
06-10-05, 07:39 PM
Go have fun @ TMS this weekend. :gomer:

-Kevin

I don't do South Oklahoma, sorry...

1. Hank Hill "Hey! We DON'T have to drive through Oklahoma!"

2. I'm closer to that 3rd grader's body with man-voice named Danica than any y'all horny geezers :p

3. I hate you :flame:

dando
06-10-05, 08:05 PM
I don't do South Oklahoma, sorry...

1. Hank Hill "Hey! We DON'T have to drive through Oklahoma!"

2. I'm closer to that 3rd grader's body with man-voice named Danica than any y'all horny geezers :p

3. I hate you :flame:
1. Hank Hill is yer daddy.

2. So that makes you a skinny. young. punk.

3. Back @ u.

:p

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
06-11-05, 03:41 AM
Hateball in full swing. :rofl:

So I was "invited" to come to Cleveland for some hateball. Anyone want to adopt a hater for the weekend and pay for the plane ticket? :laugh:

Ankf00
06-11-05, 03:47 AM
then again, certain people here think OGorman has the capacity to proofread my posts... assuming he has vocab like he has parking lot racer skillz... :shakehead, I might as well go to grad school at OU or OSU :gomer:

I have an invite, all the haters come down to South Oklahoma for the TMS race, I PROMISE that you'll get to see Danica in person and that you'll get to form your own unbiased opinion. I also promise I won't be within 100 miles of your gay asses over at TMS, choosing instead to party it up with non-inbred ****ers who have more than 1 toof. :gomer: Beer is your own responsibilty unless you're on my "cred" list though :p

Racing Truth
06-11-05, 01:06 PM

Thanks. Ordered mine awhile ago (not that long mind you), and was beginning to wonder. Just Sunday for me, but that's good enough by me. :cool:

Sean O'Gorman
06-13-05, 10:37 PM
My uncle said his tickets showed up today.

At this point, however, I'm not sure if I'm going. The reason isn't anything Champ Car related, just that I found something much cooler to do that weekend.

Methanolandbrats
06-13-05, 10:39 PM
:)
My uncle said his tickets showed up today.

At this point, however, I'm not sure if I'm going. The reason isn't anything Champ Car related, just that I found something much cooler to do that weekend. What's her name? Why not do her on the way back from Cleveland?

Sean O'Gorman
06-13-05, 10:52 PM
:) What's her name? Why not do her on the way back from Cleveland?

Heh, I wish. More like this:

http://www.cashmo.org/2004/04atlantapro36.jpg

I had so much fun spending hundreds of dollars getting my ass kicked by Jeff Cashmore this past weekend that I think I might want to do it again, but in Prosolo format. :)

CART T. Katz
06-14-05, 01:16 AM
it's all about the double at cleveland this year.

me and belcher from cw are making a return trip to c-town this year and we're bringing twice as many people (that'd be 2) with us and we are staying for twice as long in seats 2 times worse than last year (we're in the middle section of grandstand J 2 sectons over from where we were last year).

win for oriol servia perhaps?

Andrew Longman
06-14-05, 12:21 PM
Tickets finally made it out of Pennsylvania!

Fat envelope! Going totally top shelf. Pit/Paddock, Champions Club (whatever that is), premium seats. Even got the on track parking.

Boy there are a ton of cars entered for the TransAm, Speed World Challenge and FF series. Its going to be a busy weekend. :D

Elmo T
06-14-05, 02:34 PM
Tickets finally made it out of Pennsylvania!

Fat envelope! Going totally top shelf. Pit/Paddock, Champions Club (whatever that is), premium seats. Even got the on track parking.

Boy there are a ton of cars entered for the TransAm, Speed World Challenge and FF series. Its going to be a busy weekend. :D

All of this talk about not getting tickets made me worry. Tickets were ordered through Ticketmaster. We received tickets similar in appear to concert tickets. Now I am thinking these aren't the right things... :confused:

Andrew Longman
06-14-05, 03:28 PM
All of this talk about not getting tickets made me worry. Tickets were ordered through Ticketmaster. We received tickets similar in appear to concert tickets. Now I am thinking these aren't the right things... :confused:

I ordered mine over the phone from the number at the Cleveland GP website. Talked to a very nice lady. Twice in fact, because I had to call her back to apply my CCIC discount.

I try to avoid Ticketmaster and work with folks with a greater interest in actually getting me my tickets and making me happy. I consider them part of the evil empire (but mostly for their control of the concert biz)

But my tickets look like concert tickets too (small and laser-type printing of the event info you mean). They are not the typical large 4"x8" highly designed tickets you often get for a race. But they are the same as I got last year.

TKGAngel
06-14-05, 06:50 PM
I'm amazed at the number of individual tickets needed for 2 simple three day grandstand ticket and 2 paddock passes. Each individual day has its own ticket, paddock pass and champions club ticket. And there were also two tickets in there for a free grand prix hat. I'm wondering if the hat is a give-away for those that bought three-day tickets, or if its something being offered to any purchaser.

Anteater
06-15-05, 09:51 PM
Well, guess what I found in my mailbox just now? My Cleveland Grand Prix tickets! I thought they were going to hold them at the gate for me due to the sensitive time element (leaving for Portland early 6/16). But no, they actually mailed them. ONE DAY LATER and they would have been sitting at the Dana Point post office until my return from Cleveland!!!!! :eek: Idiots!

Ankf00
06-15-05, 10:05 PM
1. Hank Hill is yer daddy.
2. So that makes you a skinny. young. punk.
3. Back @ u.

-Kevin

Hank Hill's my neighbor, he's your daddy ;)
Closer as in distance :gomer:
3. I'm calling 35-17 for the visiting team :gomer:

Elmo T
06-16-05, 08:04 AM
I ordered the full package through Ticketmaster. Only yesterday did I realize that I received only the tickets for the grandstand seats: no passes. I spent over 30 minutes trying to convince the folks at Ticketmaster that the package included the passes, even reading it from the website. All to no avail. A quick phone to the event office and Linda had everything sorted out. I'll need to stop by the ticket office for my passes, but we should be set. Thanks to Andrew for noting the problem :thumbup: , thanks to Linda :thumbup: and thanks to Ticketmaster :saywhat: :shakehead

Andrew Longman
06-16-05, 11:21 AM
If you still have the chance, I recommend getting the 3 day parking pass for $30. IIRC parking across the highway the last few years was more than $10/day and it adds a long walk just to get to the track.

Sean O'Gorman
06-16-05, 11:18 PM
Yeah, it looks like I'm not going at this point. So Lizzerd, dando, you probably are spared having to sit with me this year. :)

Opposite Lock
06-18-05, 10:25 PM
Fri, Sat, and Sun! I actually am leaving my job the Wednesday of that week because they wont give me a 3 day weekend off and I was going to leave after I finish classes on the 30th but I might as well move it up a week. :)

:shakehead

now a cold shoulder from the Mr. 2

Sean O'Gorman
06-18-05, 11:15 PM
Actually I un-quit my job so that I still have a source of income while I search for a real job, but I told them I'm not coming in for two weeks so I can go run in bigger events. :)