PDA

View Full Version : Oh Bummer Dude

Spicoli
05-05-05, 05:39 PM
I just heard a very prominent team from the IRL has let everyone on staff know they will not be continuing past Indy.

:gomer:

Gotta love the Vision!

And - No - I won't tell you who it is - hate the game, not the playah!

trish
05-05-05, 05:43 PM
How about a hint? Is it a founding IRL team or a former CART team?

Racing Truth
05-05-05, 05:44 PM
Well, either Rog or Floyd. No reason AGR would quit or Rahal, I would think.

Racing Truth
05-05-05, 05:45 PM
How about a hint? Is it a founding IRL team or a former CART team?

How many founding IRL teams are left?

Opposite Lock
05-05-05, 05:47 PM
After recent Patreek rumors and Red Bull rumors, I'd guess underachiever. Although I'm not sure he could be considered "prominent".

Gnam
05-05-05, 05:59 PM
Gotta love the Vision!

FTG wouldn't call it quits would he? Unless he was able to palm Special Ed off to someone else. :confused:

coolhand
05-05-05, 06:07 PM
I would like to question the "prominent" part

that threw me way off :saywhat:

coolhand
05-05-05, 06:10 PM
I would SAY CHEBBER, BUT I WOULld not be surprised if its Gnassti :gomer:

Opposite Lock
05-05-05, 06:15 PM
So long as Rome is burning, it's ALL good. :thumbup:

Although it does suck for those who will soon be jobless. Oh well, lie down with dogs, get up with fleas.

Don Quixote
05-05-05, 06:37 PM
This news would be sweetest if it was followed by the news that Redbull is jumping into CC in a bigger way. Also, would like to see Target back, sans Floyd. :thumbup:

coolhand
05-05-05, 06:55 PM
This news would be sweetest if it was followed by the news that Redbull is jumping into CC in a bigger way. Also, would like to see Target back, sans Floyd. :thumbup:

I dont think target ahs been paying Gnassi anything in awhile, they left racing when Gnassi left Champ Car

trish
05-05-05, 06:57 PM
Target is in NASCAR with Chip.

coolhand
05-05-05, 07:02 PM
Target is in NASCAR with Chip.

forgot about that, but they are not payiong much in EARL, remmeber Brisco came out with pioneer on his car in Motegi

trish
05-05-05, 07:12 PM
I didn't watch Motegi and I don't know who the sponsors are.

FTG
05-05-05, 07:34 PM
When less than 9,000 people watch you race at Phoenix, you lose all right to call yourself "prominent."

cart7
05-05-05, 07:50 PM
I would SAY CHEBBER, BUT I WOULld not be surprised if its Gnassti :gomer:
Can't be, Chippie said he's not closing his shop..... rearranging a little due to some extra room that suddenly becomes available right after Indy, gives the GA cars a little more breathing room, but certainly not closing up shop. :gomer:

lone_groover
05-05-05, 08:09 PM
Panther is pretty prominent - or at least that Barnes guy's gut is.

:thumdown:

Newtpal
05-05-05, 08:40 PM
It would be nice if it was AGR. That would be half the IRL field gone right there.

racer2c
05-05-05, 08:45 PM
I'd have to go with Ganassi or Cheever also.

coolhand
05-05-05, 08:56 PM
that nancy boy spacli better not be joshing us with that Prmoant team being helegarn :saywhat:

dando
05-05-05, 09:24 PM
:cry: <== crocodile tears being shed

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
05-05-05, 09:37 PM
that nancy boy spacli better not be joshing us with that Prmoant team being helegarn :saywhat: The Oracle ain't never wrong........hardly ever. ;)

IH8TG
05-05-05, 09:58 PM
Foyt? Not a prominent team, but definitely a prominent name.

matthole
05-05-05, 10:23 PM
Foyt? Not a prominent team, but definitely a prominent name.

Uhhh... you just harshed my speedretardboard 'insider' conjecture!

:flame:

:whocaresitsearl:

Jervis Tetch 1
05-05-05, 11:36 PM
My head tells me Underacheever, but in my heart I would hope it would be Panther. They royally screwed a friend of mine and I'd love nothing more than for "The Gut" and his bunch to be out on their ass :laugh:

Might have to wait until next year for that one.

What about Hemelgarn? I can't see them continuing with that wanker Dana.

Spicoli
05-05-05, 11:38 PM
What makes this totally hilarious, is that it really could be ANY of these guys you all mentioned. Hell, it could be ALL of them....but I am referring to one.

G.
05-06-05, 12:50 AM
What makes this totally hilarious, is that it really could be ANY of these guys you all mentioned. Hell, it could be ALL of them....but I am referring to one.
You are a diiiich.

(I love you man!) :laugh:

coolhand
05-06-05, 01:49 AM
I change my mind, after seeing what was posted on another forum i think its Panther :gomer:

cameraman
05-06-05, 01:52 AM
I change my mind, after seeing what was posted on another forum i think its Panther :gomer:

So now I have to go wade through the psychotic ramblings on crackforum to find out?
:saywhat:

Newtpal
05-06-05, 07:39 AM

link?

I was hoping it was Ganassi or Penske because that news would really get the gomer press worried. However, I guess Panther leaving would be pretty significant. How many original vision teams would be left?

And what about the Byrd Brothers sponsorship? Will that go the way of Rachels potato chips?

Skater_36
05-06-05, 08:14 AM
It could be Dreyer & Reinbold. They don't have a strong program.

lone_groover
05-06-05, 08:39 AM
A'ight Spicoli. We're hung on this "prominent" deal. At least clarify what constitutes prominent in the IRWorld.

plz!

:confused:

SurfaceUnits
05-06-05, 09:02 AM
I can't believe any team would leave at a time when Porsche is ready to spend billions of Euros to be a part of the league.

rabbit
05-06-05, 09:05 AM
When less than 9,000 people watch you race at Phoenix, you lose all right to call yourself "prominent." :thumbup:

stroker
05-06-05, 09:35 AM
Gotta be Panther I would think. They got no engine for next year and I doubt T&H are handing out goodies any more. Between Enge and Sheckter they can't possibly afford a new car for every race for the rest of the year.

Spicoli
05-06-05, 10:38 AM
I can't believe any team would leave at a time when Porsche is ready to spend billions of Euros to be a part of the league.

:rofl:

Dirty Sanchez
05-06-05, 11:17 AM
a paper thread without the commas :gomer:

Spicoli
05-06-05, 11:52 AM
a paper thread without the commas :gomer:

Nice.

Try harder next time butt****./

JT265
05-06-05, 12:13 PM
Feel the hate. I know. But I ain't tellin'.

:p

Easy
05-06-05, 12:48 PM
hate the game, not the playah!
http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v109/nurshad/silky_johnson1.jpg

Paintergeek
05-07-05, 10:00 AM
If its panther, Id be stunned. They have as good a setup as any team ive seen. I guess facility doesnt mean stability, But a very nice joint they have there. Top notch everything, especially car build.........but they are 1-7 this year in finishing a race. I wouldnt have knonwn that except a former coworker works there now, so I keep tabs on their success......or lack thereof.........and then tease him about it.

SurfaceUnits
05-07-05, 10:45 AM
If it is Panther, I can't wait for the egsperts at TF to tell us what a good turn of events it is to get Cosworth out of the leegue and how it puts another nail in Kosworth's coffin, etc, etc, ad nauseum. :shakehead

Sean O'Gorman
05-07-05, 10:51 AM
If it is Panther, I can't wait for the egsperts at TF to tell us what a good turn of events it is to get Cosworth out of the leegue and how it puts another nail in Kosworth's coffin, etc, etc, ad nauseum. :shakehead

Well I guess it will give Kaaveh lots of time to put a spin on it at TF... :laugh:

JoeBob
05-07-05, 01:23 PM
My money is on Cheever, Foyt, or Hemelgarn.

None are "prominent" in that they're anywhere near competitive - but all are loved by The Faithful.

FRANKY
05-07-05, 01:30 PM

None are "prominent" in that they're anywhere near competitive - but all are loved by The Faithful.

I'll just pick one. But I agree, they are all as "prominent" as Spicoli. :D

http://www.hemelgarnracing.com/

devilmaster
05-07-05, 01:32 PM

Wasn't helmelgarn quoted in some article a few months back, complaining about the latest vision?

nrc
05-07-05, 01:39 PM
Wasn't helmelgarn quoted in some article a few months back, complaining about the latest vision?
Before or after Tony committed engine suppliers to a big development expense in order to get Hemelgarn a sponser?

Spicoli, please call Long Beach and pass this rumor along. We don't want them buying any that crap about "America's fascination with Indy Racing."

Ankf00
05-07-05, 02:08 PM
down with cheever. the douche. i'm going to toast to that right now.

cart7
05-07-05, 02:23 PM
Penske to make a driver announcement for their ALMS effort AFTER Indy.

Hmmmm......... ?????

JoeBob
05-07-05, 02:43 PM
Penske to make a driver announcement for their ALMS effort AFTER Indy.

Hmmmm......... ?????

Penske is going to be running his ALMS effort out of Reading this year. (Although, it is supposed to move to Penske South either next year or the following year - I forget which one.)

ferrarigod
05-07-05, 03:58 PM
No way Liverspots or Fata$$i leaving. They are all under contract, I doubt them being able to leave after the 497.5.

I read prominent as EARL circa 96. So prolly Hemelgarn.

Red Bull I'm sure isn't pulling the plug, they are too invested in FPC

DagoFast
05-07-05, 09:42 PM
I am gonna bet the farm it's Foyt. Jabba is old, tired and disillusioned.

Deep down, he knows Quatro sucks, Ftg blows ducks and he's out of bucks.

Time to call it a day, Ayejay.

coolhand
05-07-05, 09:47 PM
Quattro LAMO :rofl:

Jervis Tetch 1
05-08-05, 12:09 AM
Well I guess it will give Kaaveh lots of time to put a spin on it at TF... :laugh:He's not even their real PR guy. But actually the guy they've got there isn't even really good either at least according to a few friends of mine and a former teammate currently at Panther.

EVL29
05-08-05, 08:07 PM
Red Bull I'm sure isn't pulling the plug, they are too invested in FPC

Is Red Bull actually invested in Patreek?

I thought Mecachrome was buying his ride.

coolhand
05-08-05, 08:34 PM
Is Red Bull actually invested in Patreek?

I thought Mecachrome was buying his ride.

they are, ZerO started all that crap aobut Red Bull sponsoring Patreek. They are not connected like say, Scott Speed and Aj are.

heck, they sponsor Buddy Rice, if Red Bull has the pull they claim he has with Patreek they would get their names on Buddy's car or bring him to cheeber

Spicoli
05-08-05, 09:36 PM
they are, ZerO started all that crap aobut Red Bull sponsoring Patreek. They are not connected like say, Scott Speed and Aj are.

heck, they sponsor Buddy Rice, if Red Bull has the pull they claim he has with Patreek they would get their names on Buddy's car or bring him to cheeber

zer0 is credible. :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
05-08-05, 09:37 PM
zer0 is credible. :gomer: :rofl:

:rolleyes: ;)

SurfaceUnits
05-09-05, 08:35 PM
If he was so, he might be. And if he were so, he would be. But as he isn't, he ain't. That's logic. - Tweedledee :eek:

coolhand
05-09-05, 11:44 PM
this is kaka ;) :o

Peter Venkman
05-14-05, 12:53 AM
Somewhere in my travels, someone who may know, said that a certain team called Findlay, with Michael McDowell drivng, will be buying Hemlegarn's ill-gotten team.

Brickman
05-14-05, 12:56 AM
zer0 is credible. :gomer:

He's something.

http://www.champcarfan.com/boards/index.php

Spicoli
05-14-05, 08:03 AM
He's something.

http://www.champcarfan.com/boards/index.php

yep.

nice to have a board with 3 posters. :gomer:

stroker