PDA

View Full Version : Comedy Disaster

Gnam
05-05-05, 02:04 PM
'Chappelle's Show' Suspended Indefinitely

link-izzle (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,155555,00.html)

oddlycalm
05-05-05, 03:38 PM
Business as usual for the television industry where screwing up a good thing and mediocrity is a path to career advancement. :thumdown:

oc

Paintergeek
05-05-05, 05:35 PM
Business as usual for the television industry where screwing up a good thing and mediocrity is a path to career advancement. :thumdown:

oc

Wow...50 million for season 3 and 4, plus a cut of DVD sales.

They werent kidding when they said "IM RICH, BEOTCH!".

I hope this doesnt drag out too long. No matter how funny it may be at times, seeing an episode for the 'fif' time gets lame.

Sean O'Gorman
05-05-05, 07:41 PM
Yeah, between seeing reruns of the same episode 10 times and hearing every white boy in school proclaim themselves as Rick James, bitch, I've gotten sick of Chappelle's Show. The new season better be good.

fourrunner
05-05-05, 07:58 PM
I heard the network censors are taking the edge off Chapelle's humor because of the inconsistancy & lack of any guidance by the FCC threats ...
$500,000. per occurance & the Stars can be fined the same amount also
the problem is you don't know whats allowed until after its said, and some organized group floods the FCC with calls

Black Clouds coming on the horizon of creativity... Minnie Pearl , and Yakoff Smirnoff as the future of Comedy!

Cheerleading in Texas now must be sex free ... that means that you can't hold a Female or Male up in the air with one hand touching the behind ... The Jackass Legislator in Texas said it is filthy, and causes pregnancy ( he didn't explain how )

Country's going nuts !

coolhand
05-05-05, 07:58 PM
Yeah, between seeing reruns of the same episode 10 times and hearing every white boy in school proclaim themselves as Rick James, bitch, I've gotten sick of Chappelle's Show. The new season better be good.

me too, that rick james thing went way over the top, i was a chappell fan before this show came out, when he was on leno, the first season was great, then when i had to hear everyone repeat it all the time i quickly got sick of that show :saywhat:

coolhand
05-05-05, 07:59 PM
I heard the network censors are taking the edge off Chapelle's humor because of the inconsistancy & lack of any guidance by the FCC threats ...
$500,000. per occurance & the Stars can be fined the same amount also
the problem is you don't know whats allowed until after its said, and some organized group floods the FCC with calls

Black Clouds coming on the horizon of creativity... Minnie Pearl , and Yakoff Smirnoff as the future of Comedy!

Cheerleading in Texas now must be sex free ... that means that you can't hold a Female or Male up in the air with one hand touching the behind ... The Jackass Legislator in Texas said it is filthy, and causes pregnancy ( he didn't explain how )

Country's going nuts !

ts heading in a better direction, i wont miss c***** half time shows with a bunch of fat chicks trying to act hot.

I wish they banned tham all together. Get a band out there instead :shakehead

Ankf00
05-05-05, 08:14 PM
SAMUEL JACKSON ALE, IT'LL GET YOU DRUNK!

MMM, MMMMM, BIOTCH!!!

he's just got writer's block, that's all, he keeps trying to up his level, and well, when you're ****ing greatness, it's hard to beat yourself...

fourrunner
05-05-05, 08:39 PM
ts heading in a better direction, i wont miss c***** half time shows with a bunch of fat chicks trying to act hot.

I wish they banned tham all together. Get a band out there instead :shakehead

I can't stand cheerleading either ... but it's totally harmless ... and I can't recall getting sexually aroused watching it ... Of course Texas Legislators might !! ;)

Ank ... is that true? ;)

Paintergeek
05-05-05, 09:22 PM
Yeah, Im with al of you on the Rick James thing. The first day after it aired, Some guys at work and me said it a few timesback and forth when we thought we were the only ones who had seen it. Within a week, I never wanted to hear it again. I even went to a bar with a friend and his girlffriend, and SHE hadnt seen the show til two weeks later. She kept saying it OVER and OVER, and even said it to the bartender. I was humiliated. :o

Ankf00
05-05-05, 09:29 PM
I can't stand cheerleading either ... but it's totally harmless ... and I can't recall getting sexually aroused watching it ... Of course Texas Legislators might !! ;)

Ank ... is that true? ;)

some cheerleaders are hot.

some cheerleaders are cows.

the texas legislature doesn't have one honest, non-corrupt man in the entire lot, texas politics are pathetic.

Sean O'Gorman
05-05-05, 10:44 PM
SAMUEL JACKSON ALE, IT'LL GET YOU DRUNK!

MMM, MMMMM, BIOTCH!!!

he's just got writer's block, that's all, he keeps trying to up his level, and well, when you're ****ing greatness, it's hard to beat yourself...

Brown kids repeating the lines are just as annoying.

Isn't it sad to think that this guy is now Off Camber's #1 poster? :saywhat:

Ankf00
05-06-05, 01:09 AM
the only thing annoying is you white boys running around with gold chains and sideways hats with folgers cans on your little 2 seat ricers :gomer:, now go buy a nice pair of slacks and a dress shirt and dress like a normal person, you're graduating, time to pretend like you can actually TRY to be professional :p

Easy
05-06-05, 12:55 PM
As far as I know, the FCC has no jurisdiction on Comedy Central as it is not free-to-air broadcast.

extramundane
05-06-05, 01:29 PM
As far as I know, the FCC has no jurisdiction on Comedy Central as it is not free-to-air broadcast.

Not yet anyway. Sen. Ted Stevens of Alaska is pushing for cable networks (including premium channels, not just basic cable) to be brought under the same FCC 'obscenity' guidelines as broadcast networks. :thumdown:

G.
05-06-05, 02:05 PM
Not yet anyway. Sen. Ted Stevens of Alaska is pushing for cable networks (including premium channels, not just basic cable) to be brought under the same FCC 'obscenity' guidelines as broadcast networks. :thumdown:< /begin conspiracy theory >Nah, that's being pushed by the Screen Actor's Guild. The primma donna's in Hollyweird don't want to show skin in High Def. They're afraid that their pimples, surgery scars and needle tracks will show. < /end conspiracy theory >

:thumdown:

coolhand
05-06-05, 02:36 PM
< /begin conspiracy theory >Nah, that's being pushed by the Screen Actor's Guild. The primma donna's in Hollyweird don't want to show skin in High Def. They're afraid that their pimples, surgery scars and needle tracks will show. < /end conspiracy theory >

:thumdown:

LMAO :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WickerBill
05-12-05, 08:08 AM
http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1059677_3_0_,00.html

Right-wing conspiracy, I'm sure.

indyfan31
05-12-05, 09:49 AM
A mental hospital in South Africa?????? :confused:
(I actually asked myself "is he crazy?" as I was reading the article)

Methanolandbrats
05-12-05, 02:57 PM
A mental hospital in South Africa?????? :confused:
(I actually asked myself "is he crazy?" as I was reading the article) He must not have read Biko.

Ankf00
05-15-05, 01:28 PM
http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1061415,00.html