PDA

View Full Version : RHR crash

coolhand
05-04-05, 08:09 PM
Rough Test for Rocketsports Racing As Hunter-Reay Survives Crash During Day Two of Milwaukee Testing

by Heather Haupt

Quote:
Milwaukee, Wisc. (May 4, 2005) – Another unlucky day for Rocketsports Racing in Milwaukee as they ended a two-day test this afternoon with Ryan Hunter-Reay surviving a familiar crash on the one-mile oval.

Just as his teammate, Timo Glock, did the day before, the young American lost control of the car when the back end went loose, causing him to back into the wall. After the contact was made, he stated on the radio that he was ok.

He was taken to the local hospital to undergo precautionary tests, which he cleared and was released without injury.

The team was preparing for Round Three of the Bridgestone Presents The Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford and Champ Car veteran Hunter-Reay was looking solid posting quick laps just before the incident occurred. Hunter-Reay is the defending race winner after a dominant performance in 2004 that saw him break a Champ Car single-event record leading all 250 laps from the pole.

racer2c
05-04-05, 08:14 PM
Sounds like he's ok. That good. The Mile will bite ya. I still think back to Fitti the Lesser's chunk he took out of the wall. No soft wall yet for them?

coolhand
05-04-05, 08:16 PM
I bet we will see bourdais loose controll exiting a turn and going straight on a tangent into the wall. I see AJ, Jimmy, or an indeck car winning.

Anteater
05-04-05, 08:57 PM
I bet we will see bourdais loose controll exiting a turn and going straight on a tangent into the wall.

Enough with the bad juju! :p

I'm glad Ryan's OK (and Timo, too).

Fitti Fan
05-04-05, 09:43 PM
Enough with the bad juju! :p

I'm glad Ryan's OK (and Timo, too).

Agree! What the heck???? :shakehead

NismoZ
05-04-05, 11:29 PM
I just may loose controll if this keeps up!

Paintergeek
05-05-05, 07:58 AM
I just may loose controll if this keeps up!

A loose Controll is always a bad thing.

Bremer had a wall tapper too.

Steve99
05-05-05, 05:40 PM
Sounds like he's ok. That good. The Mile will bite ya. I still think back to Fitti the Lesser's chunk he took out of the wall. No soft wall yet for them?
Good point. The Mile seems like a perfect candidate for SAFER.

TedN
05-14-05, 09:59 AM
I just heard a live interview with Timo on the Fan Auto Racing Zone radio show (Saturday mornings 9:00 - 10:00) http://www.fan590.com/. He said his broken shoulder is still a problem. He will have it checked Thursday morning by the Champ Car doctors. He hopes to make it through the race with pain medication, but his reaction time will definitely be slower.

Ted

Paintergeek
05-14-05, 11:13 AM
I e-mailed him before the test, and just got this reply the other night:

(snip)
"Justin,

Thanks for the note man. Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you,
it's been pretty hectic lately. I'll sign anything you want, you do great
work and I'm honored to have carried that to the winner's circle."
(snip)

Hectic indeed! Id say a milwaukee wall slapper is more hectic than anythignI know about! What a nice thing to say though. Cool cat indeed.

RHR_Fan
05-14-05, 02:37 PM
I e-mailed him before the test, and just got this reply the other night:(snip)
"Justin,

Thanks for the note man. Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you,
it's been pretty hectic lately. I'll sign anything you want, you do great
work and I'm honored to have carried that to the winner's circle."
(snip)

Hectic indeed! Id say a milwaukee wall slapper is more hectic than anythignI know about! What a nice thing to say though. Cool cat indeed.

He's so awesome! I hope Rocketsports has some gear at Milwaukee.

~Nicole