PDA

View Full Version : Incredible Vince Carter dunk

rabbit
05-04-05, 05:03 PM
Ok, I don't know how I never saw this before. I was searching for something else the other day and stumbled across a clip of Vince Carter jumping over a 7'2" center for France. (click for video) (http://people.netscape.com/gchan/carterdunk.mpg) It looks like it's from the 2000 Olympics.

Now I'm not a big fan of the "Sportscenter Top Ten Plays" emphasis on show-boat dunking versus good solid fundamental basketball. But this dunk is frikkin' sweet! I wish I would have had hops like that when I played. But the closest I ever got to being in a play like that was when my 6'4" brother dunked over me in a pickup game once. :gomer:

indyfan31
05-04-05, 05:14 PM
I remember seing it, it was during the Olympics. Athletically I though "that was freakin' amazing, but what a jerk for even attempting it." There's no point in humiliating your opponent and then acting like you just slayed a dragon.
I doesn't appear in the clip but I would think kicking your opponent in the face would be considered "charging."

rabbit
05-04-05, 05:34 PM
but what a jerk for even attempting it.What was he supposed to do? Pull up for a jumper and get it blocked?

racer2c
05-04-05, 05:35 PM
And that's not a foul? Great sport. But then, they were playing France, so hurrah!

rabbit
05-04-05, 05:54 PM
If you watch it in slo-mo, the defender was never set and actually leaned into Carter. If anything, it was a block.

Carter got gypped a free throw. :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
05-04-05, 06:22 PM
Oh wow, Wince dunked over a French stiff. :gomer:

That kind of minimal contact even being considered a foul is one of the reasons why many people no longer consider the NBA a real sport.

racer2c
05-04-05, 06:28 PM
Oh wow, Wince dunked over a French stiff. :gomer:

That kind of minimal contact even being considered a foul is one of the reasons why many people no longer consider the NBA a real sport.

He pushed the guys head down to his shoulder. Some minimal contact.

But don't mind me, I dispise round ball sports. :thumdown:

Dr. Corkski
05-04-05, 06:41 PM
It's incidental contact at best. The French stiff just stepped in there trying to take a charge instead of actually trying to play defense, and as a result deservedly got teabagged.

How did Wince do against a real center like Shaq in the playoffs?

rabbit
05-04-05, 07:01 PM
The French stiff just stepped in there trying to take a charge instead of actually trying to play defense, and as a result deservedly got teabagged.It's killing me but I agree with Corkski this time.

Go hard or go home.

racer2c
05-04-05, 07:04 PM
I wonder if the Chirac put him in the guillotine? Off with his head! 'They' have no business playing basketball.

coolhand
05-04-05, 07:17 PM
Basketball sucks, i have not watched a game for years.

but it was a french guy he did it too so cool :thumbup:

Ankf00
05-04-05, 09:31 PM
what's a NBA? :confused:

dando
05-04-05, 10:11 PM
what's a NBA? :confused:
Same as the NHL these daze. Meaningless. :cry: :shakehead

-Kevin

Ankf00
05-04-05, 10:14 PM
you had to go there... :(

dando
05-04-05, 10:37 PM
you had to go there... :(
It should be playoff time, eh? Not only do we not have the NHL playoffs to watch, but we can't even watch the IIHF championship in the US!?! :flame: :mad:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
05-04-05, 10:53 PM
It should be playoff time, eh? Not only do we not have the NHL playoffs to watch, but we can't even watch the IIHF championship in the US!?! :flame: :mad:

-KevinYou could have paid $30 and be watching every game of the tournament on your computer.

Methanolandbrats
05-04-05, 11:03 PM
If the offensive guy had hit the ground it would have been a foul and free throws because the defensive guy was in motion and not set. It was a bitchin' offensive move. The frog never expected that.

dando
05-04-05, 11:07 PM
You could have paid $30 and be watching every game of the tournament on your computer.
Aye. But I do have a day job (unlike some around here). ;) I thought it was like $40 or $5/game? Hmmm, I might need to catch the US/Canuck game tomorrow.... :gomer:

-Kevin

Winston Wolfe
05-05-05, 12:43 AM
If the offensive guy had hit the ground it would have been a foul and free throws because the defensive guy was in motion and not set. It was a bitchin' offensive move. The frog never expected that.

Frenchy couldnt get his arms up fast enough. Now, if he did, THAT would have been a "fragrant" foul, as the French are notorious for "Le B.O.".....

I am still laughing out loud about Corky's comment that the French dude got "deservedly TEABAGGED".... ROFL.... When was the last time a fully dressed male who was NOT in a movie of a certaine genre, actually DESERVED to get teabagged ?????? That, my friends, is FUGGIN HI-LARIOUS :rofl:

chop456
05-05-05, 02:10 AM
Would have been a lot funnier if the defender had grabbed him by the neck and the goolies and pile-drived his face into the floor.

That's just me, though.

devilmaster
05-05-05, 04:51 AM
That's just me, though.

And probably every Raptor fan out there right now...

sadams
05-05-05, 07:33 AM
And how many steps did he tak without dribbling?
Can you say traveling. Sure you can.
If the NBA ever enforced any of the rule Mr. Neismith came up with the game of basketball might be ineresting again.

rabbit
05-05-05, 08:57 AM
And how many steps did he tak without dribbling? 1 1/2. That play is legal at any level.