PDA

View Full Version : At least the guy finished what he started...

IlliniRacer
05-03-05, 10:28 PM
Man shot himself 5 times, then jumped (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/metroeast/story/81D7AF8D987DF4B186256FF600160051?OpenDocument)

dando
05-03-05, 10:31 PM
Got 'er done. :gomer: :shakehead

-Kevin

Paintergeek
05-03-05, 10:32 PM
Man shot himself 5 times, then jumped (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/metroeast/story/81D7AF8D987DF4B186256FF600160051?OpenDocument)

I CANT DO ANYTHING RIGHT!!!! IM GONNA SHOOT MYSELF!!!

<BANG!>

SEE! I really CAN'T do anything right!

(stolen from bob and tom)

rabbit
05-03-05, 10:54 PM
Suicide is not funny. Sorry.

Paintergeek
05-03-05, 11:02 PM
Suicide is not funny. Sorry.

Neither is this, quoted from the article:

Godfrey, 67, was charged with predatory criminal sexual assault and five counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse. Prosecutors accused him of having sexual relations with a 12-year-old girl from June 2003 to June 2004.

rabbit
05-03-05, 11:07 PM
I'm not sticking up for the guy. I use to laugh at this kind of stuff. But then I had a friend come home from work one day and find his wife dead in the kitchen from a self-inflicted GSW. Suddenly it wasn't funny anymore.

Paintergeek
05-03-05, 11:17 PM
I'm not sticking up for the guy. I use to laugh at this kind of stuff. But then I had a friend come home from work one day and find his wife dead in the kitchen from a self-inflicted GSW. Suddenly it wasn't funny anymore.

Its like anything else in this world...........Of course priests molesting children isnt funnny, but jokes are made. But ask anyone seriously, and we all know there isnt anything even remotely funny about it.

Same with suicide. Its not about the person who has died....its about those who are left to live with it, the guilt, the loss, the confusion. Of course suicide is tragic, But obviously this guy had issues, and he was determined, and succeded. Another snippet from the article had a guy who slit his wrists, ankles, and neck, and evemntually went in the garage with a running car and dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. Rough day.

im sorry for your friends horrendous loss. I simply cant imagine how one can be strong enough to live after that.

Joelski
05-03-05, 11:35 PM
Got a call for an attempt once where a guy swallows 40 vicodin and gets in his car (garaged) for good measure.... Long story short, the fumes made him nauseated and he puked up the pills so he wen to the kitchen, grabbed Jason out of the knife drawer and did himself up some professional looking incisions from his wrists to the elbows. Dooder bled like a mofo... for five minutes until we got threre from around the corner. He lost a bunch of blood but not enough to be fatal. THis three pronged attempt failed and we took him to the nervous hospital. :)

Tim
05-04-05, 12:29 AM
I have no sympathy for anyone who has wronged a child.

spinner26
05-04-05, 11:59 AM
SO,,,,,,,,,,, It's not funny what the JACKAZZ did on either end, HOWEVER, I appreciate the fact he accomplished what he set out to do in the end so the tax payers don't have to pay his hotel,meal and medical expenses for the rest of his life.

Methanolandbrats
05-04-05, 12:30 PM
Wrong caliber for that sort of work.

devilmaster
05-04-05, 12:50 PM
This post is not to chastize others for their posts, nor is it meant to derail this thread (although i'm kinda sure it might do both)..... Reading it brought up a couple thoughts.....

Something I learned when my friend Mike died - when you get it in your head that you want to do it, sometimes it needs to be done. I later heard through the old navy contacts that Mike had slit his wrists and probably did it the night before he finally finished himself off with a GSW (303) to the head.(one of the senior members of our old naval unit is a local cop in forensics) But by the time Mike laid down on the bed with the rifle, coherent thought might not have been there, but the overriding thought to end it, was.

A few days after his death, I was helping his brother go through the house, finding the things we needed to find immediately, and seeing if we could find Mike's cat. Mike had a expensive bone-handled chef's knife he bought not too long ago, and was very proud of. I found the box sitting on the dining room table, but we never found the knife. (at that time i didn't know bout the slit wrists).

That drive and determination to do it after failing amazes me.

oddlycalm
05-04-05, 07:04 PM
Wrong caliber for that sort of work. True, more aprropriate for, ahem, feral cats and other quadrupeds of minor stature.

oc