PDA

View Full Version : More food pr0n

dando
05-03-05, 07:04 PM
On the heels of the BK breakfast "sammich" (I call it the AJ :gomer: )....

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050503/D89RMI981.html

CLEARFIELD, Pa. (AP) - The burger war is growing. Literally. Denny's Beer Barrel Pub, which lost its crown as the home of the world's biggest burger earlier this year, is now offering a new burger that weighs a whopping 15 pounds.

Disgusting!

-Kevin

Robstar
05-03-05, 07:27 PM
Funny how America has the highest obesity rate in the world... :eek:

(followed closely by Australia in your defence :o )

Ankf00
05-03-05, 07:40 PM
no but didn't you read that new health report? it says the fatter the better!!! lets all scarf down the cholestoral y'all!! :gomer:

racer2c
05-03-05, 07:43 PM
I read last week on cnn that now 'they' are saying that statistically overweight (but not obese) people are actually healthier than thin people. I'll see if I can't find the article. But like Homer said, you can prove anything with statistics, 86% of the world knows that!

racer2c
05-03-05, 07:44 PM
no but didn't you read that new health report? it says the fatter the better!!! lets all scarf down the cholestoral y'all!! :gomer:

Beat me to it. :flame: :D

cart7
05-03-05, 07:58 PM
I read last week on cnn that now 'they' are saying that statistically overweight (but not obese) people are actually healthier than thin people. I'll see if I can't find the article. But like Homer said, you can prove anything with statistics, 86% of the world knows that!

Hallejuah!!!

:as he burns the south beach diet guide:

racer2c
05-03-05, 09:08 PM
"The new analysis found that obesity -- being extremely overweight -- is indisputably lethal. But like several recent smaller studies, it found that people who are modestly overweight have a lower risk of death than those of normal weight."

So while not 'healthier' per se, the risk of death is less.

Link (http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/diet.fitness/04/20/obesity.deaths.ap/index.html)

Ankf00
05-03-05, 09:14 PM
its cuz when y'all get run over y'all bounce like a playground ball of lard instead of snapping :gomer:

racer2c
05-03-05, 09:26 PM
its cuz when y'all get run over y'all bounce like a playground ball of lard instead of snapping :gomer:

Who plays with balls of lard? :gomer:

Must be a Texas thang. ;)

dando
05-03-05, 10:15 PM
Here's pic of this muthah:

http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/03/pf/biggest_burger/burger3.jpg

:eek: :saywhat:

-Kevin

oddlycalm
05-03-05, 11:03 PM
No challenge in making food bigger. Slow food is where it's at. :cool:

oc

Ankf00
05-03-05, 11:19 PM
werd :cool:

Michaelhatesfans
05-03-05, 11:34 PM
Anyone catch The Daily Show last week when they were talking about the new Airbus?
"It seats 800 passengers, or 400 Americans."

TedN
07-01-05, 12:29 PM
Game on, boys and girls ....

:D

KINGSTON, Ont. (CP) - A restaurant owner in the eastern Ontario city of Kingston is trying to break the record for a massive hamburger.

Ian Sarfin of Ian's Kitchen and Soda Shoppe says he hopes to beat the Guinness world record currently held by a pub in Pennsylvania.

That U.S. version tipped the scales at 6.75 kilograms

Sarfin's creation - which took more than three hours to cook Thursday morning - weighs almost 10-kilograms (about 21 pounds) and is 38 centimetres across and five centimetres high.

"You're looking at an 18-inch diameter bun (and) there's a pound of cheese, there's a pound of onion, there's a pound of pickles, there's two pounds of tomatoes and five cups of sauce," said Sarfin.

"Once you add it all together, you're looking at about 30-35 pounds total weight."

Sarfin said his quest for the giant burger was inspired by a similar feat in early May, when Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield, Pa., unveiled a 6.75-kilogram creation.

Sarfin said he will send the paperwork to the publishers of the Guinness Book of Records, in a bid to claim the official largest-hamburger title.

He expects to hear within a few weeks whether his masterpiece has been approved for the record.

Sarfin said his hamburger - the equivalent of just over 100 Quarter-pounders - is designed to feed 20 or 25 people.

He said he'll offer the burger free to any single person who can polish it off within a specified time limit.

Sarfin noted that two-man teams have tried to wolf down the smaller U.S. burger in less than five hours, but never did.

After the unveiling, Sarfin said he planned to make the burger a menu item on the Ian's Kitchen menu for $99.99, with 48 hours' notice. It will also be available for delivery

Ted

dando
07-01-05, 01:16 PM
I'll take one to go, please. Just put it in the back of the truck for me. :D

-Kevin

Joe in LA
07-01-05, 01:55 PM
Game on, boys and girls ....

:D

Ted

Is it really a hamburger if you can't pick it up with two hands and eat it?

oddlycalm
07-01-05, 03:40 PM
Is it really a hamburger if you can't pick it up with two hands and eat it? Not to me, and it's idiotic and meaningless to keep track of the worlds biggest when it comes to something that can simply be assembled. Growing the largest tomato, having the largest feet, being the fastest to do something or doing it the longest all seem to be worthy of some minor recognition, but if I use a concrete mixer to mix pancake batter then fry it on a giant steel plate suspended over a gas forge and turn it with a skid loader is it really worthy of notice?

oc

Ankf00
07-01-05, 03:45 PM
if you were able to keep it sanitary, yes :D