PDA

View Full Version : WTF??

Kiwifan
05-03-05, 03:28 AM
Hey I've always been of the opinion "live and let live" and that goes for all of the IRL fans out there. You wanna watch that, cool, more power to ya but it ain't for me.

I'm sitting here thinking "what have they got to say about Patrick and Cheever over at the Indy Star?" so I wander on over for a gander. Couldn't find anything about that story but did read Curts column, Q&A. Hmmmm, what are you feeding them up there? Pure Koolaid? They can't be serious, surely? :shakehead

Taken from the Indy Star, Q&A. I hope this is ok, if not feel free to edit it Boss.
"Question: I decided to watch the F1 race last week since it was on at a normal hour and I can't get over how boring it was especially after that great IRL race in St. Petersburg. I only saw two passes, there were no wrecks or tangles, and Schumacher (who is supposedly the greatest driver of all time) couldn't even make a pass for the lead.

Why is the IRL struggling for attendance and ratings when it's obvious they have a far superior product? I just don't get it. (Mark from Indianapolis)

Answer: I don't get it either. You don't have to be an IRL apologist to acknowledge that the series has changed the standard by which excitement is judged. Now, some of it has been ridiculous and manufactured, if you will, but it's nonetheless spectacular. If the IRL had drivers with name recognition, like Gordon, Stewart, Earnhardt and Schumacher, it wouldn't have a ratings problem."

Sometimes I just shake my head.

Rusty.

coolhand
05-03-05, 03:32 AM
un******* believable :shakehead

Spicoli
05-03-05, 05:35 AM
welcome to last week.

Kiwifan
05-03-05, 06:21 AM
Seeing as how I'm a million miles removed from Indy, Spic, you'll have to forgive me. ;) I'll see you at the real Indy, Lexmark that is. :p

Rusty.

gjc2
05-03-05, 06:49 AM
When you read, "there were no wrecks" as a complaint you know where the writer is coming from. He should have watched monster trucks or demolition derby. Anyone who doesn't think that this years San Marino Grand Prix was a great race has no appreciation for motorsports.

George

Andrew Longman
05-03-05, 07:30 AM
"the series has changed the standard by which excitement is judged" :rofl:

Yup. I hear the International Bean Sorting Competition is the next big thing. ESPN is angling for broadcast rights. Anything with a .1 rating or less is desirable. It's called boutique entertainment.

Spicoli
05-03-05, 08:44 AM
Seeing as how I'm a million miles removed from Indy, Spic, you'll have to forgive me. ;) I'll see you at the real Indy, Lexmark that is. :p

Rusty.

My fault, it does take a week for our articles to appear on the net for you Kiwis. :gomer:

Newtpal
05-03-05, 08:44 AM
When you read, "there were no wrecks" as a complaint you know where the writer is coming from. He should have watched monster trucks or demolition derby.

or figure 8 school bus racing!

SteveH
05-03-05, 09:30 AM
Fortunately race fans such as this are in the minority, as evidenced by the IRL's popularity.

JT265
05-03-05, 09:46 AM
Gotta admit, it is eggsiting and all. :gomer:

:rofl:

Jervis Tetch 1
05-03-05, 10:00 AM
Denial at full strength. :gomer:

G.
05-03-05, 11:00 AM
Schumacher couldn't even make a pass for the lead. That sentence makes me giggle. Alot. :laugh:

Warlock!
05-03-05, 12:32 PM
You're missing the best part (as pointed out to me in another forum). IRL shill Curt Cavin says "...some of (the Earl's racing) has been ridiculous and manufactured...".

He knows it, he's just so indicentric it doesn't bother him. It's a terrible disease around Indy...

By the way, props to the dude for provoking that response out of him. :D

G.
05-03-05, 12:38 PM
By the way, props to the dude for provoking that response out of him. :DAre you implying that Mark from Indy is trolling??

Warlock!
05-03-05, 12:53 PM
Are you implying that Mark from Indy is trolling??
Not at all... I just think it's humerous that when two diehard earlers are talking together, every once in a while they let something slip :D

dando
05-03-05, 07:09 PM
Now that Q&A deserves the highest marks:

:gomer: :gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

-Kevin

oddlycalm
05-03-05, 11:29 PM
Now that Q&A deserves the highest marks:

:gomer: :gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

-Kevin Absolutely, maximum gomers for that little tidbit of idiocy. This is exactly why when someone talks to me about reunification my answer is always the same; we don't want them back. Ever.

oc

L1P1
05-04-05, 06:20 PM
Absolutely, maximum gomers for that little tidbit of idiocy. This is exactly why when someone talks to me about reunification my answer is always the same; we don't want them back. Ever.

oc

It's not about 'them'. Nobody gives a flying frog about them. It's about 'it'.