PDA

View Full Version : The Chevy Death Watch

DaveL
03-02-03, 04:52 PM
Good thing the Earl was created. Otherwise Japanese manufacturers would have no forum to wage their own intercene battle and destroy whatever happens to get in the way be it other mfgs or even the series they are in.

If I had to guess, I'd say Chevy will stick around this year and then announce before the last race that it isn't coming back. The Lemmings will proclaim this as victory for the Vision and tell us that like the Murican sprint car drivers and the pissant teams they drove for, the Earl is about casting off those who are no longer worthy.

For those lurking Lemmings who are keeping score, thanks to the Japanese manufacturers: Takagi ride, Boat not; Shiggy ride, Yeley not.

And that's just the partial list.

racer2c
03-02-03, 05:23 PM
I couldn't help but think to myself while I watched that race (by the way, where is all of that lauded "side by side" racing?) that what are the IRL fans able to defend these days. It's basically CART from the last few years without turbos or road-courses.

Did anyone else get that sick to the stomach feeling when they heard Page utter his first words. He grates on me like, well, like a grater.

Yes, Chevy will not make it to '04. I just hope they don't decide to go Champ Car racing, although I really doubt they would. They get their Chevy vs Ford fix in NASCAR.

pchall
03-02-03, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by racer2c
...(by the way, where is all of that lauded "side by side" racing?)...

If the IRL doesn't pull the plug on that track they might get that vaunted "side-by-side-by-side" next year since ISC is supposed to be tearing up the turns and doing 20+ degree banking right after the 2003 season finale.

RTKar
03-02-03, 09:26 PM
Why should Chevy lose in the irl when it can win in NASCAR? I don't expect them to be around beyond this year.

mnkywrch
03-02-03, 11:13 PM
I know I'm different than most... but I just like seeing guys like Wheldon & Rice finally get a shot in the IRL - regardless of how they do it.

I just wish Rice wasn't stuck with such a crummy team.

RTKar
03-02-03, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
I know I'm different than most... but I just like seeing guys like Wheldon & Rice finally get a shot in the IRL - regardless of how they do it.

I agree to a point, I wish the opportunity would have been in CART. Hopefully they'll open a few eyes in CART.

turn1
03-02-03, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch

I agree - I have been a fan of his since DSTP.

rabbit
03-03-03, 12:30 AM
I give them until the end of the year. Chevy has never been one to stick around when the going gets tough.

Now that I think about it, isn't "Chevrolet" a French name?http://potters_animations.tripod.com/Sports/last_lap_md_wht.gif;)