PDA

View Full Version : Miller on Indy on CCWS site

nrc
05-02-05, 05:08 PM
I love the fact that Champ car is very agressively claiming their history on the CCWS web site. But I'm not sure we need a piece on there from Robin on how great it would be if Champ car were going to Indy instead of Monterrey.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=8932

Spicoli
05-02-05, 05:20 PM
Robin speaks the truth.

Whether you like it or not, Indy was the key to Open Wheel. It was THE constant date, time, event in all of Open Wheel.

Pre-1996 for sure it was different. Right now this sport is dead. Except for a few of us morons on these boards and the 8k that were at Phoenix, there's not much left.

Robin's right - from my perspective. I think FTG needs to go back to track owner, and EVERYBODY goes to Indy, because there is no more IRL.

What? Spicoli says no more IRL? **** yes that's what I said! NO MORE IRL! DIE IRL DIE! Your Yen whores are leaving for Napcar! you are DOOOMED. run away runaway run away, LOSERS. No one wants your stupid series anyway. It will be gone in a year. :p

:D

coolhand
05-02-05, 05:26 PM
CART was the best thing since sliced bread before 1996 :thumbup:

its not even about american OW returning to dominence but the IRL and its Schills falling flat on their faces :flame:

Sean O'Gorman
05-02-05, 05:28 PM
Robin is right, as usual.

Its not all about Indy, but racing there sure means a hell of a lot more than some race on a parking lot access road in Monterrey. Then again, I can think of at least a dozen race tracks off the top of my head that would be better than Monterrey.

coolhand
05-02-05, 05:30 PM
Indy is the soul and identity that is missing in CCWS. CCWS are the true indy cars.

Wally
05-02-05, 06:05 PM
Once again RM speaks The Truth ( :laugh: ) that no one wants to hear.....

DagoFast
05-03-05, 12:01 AM
Geez. You guy's all sound an awful lot like Carl Haas. Or Roger Penske. Or Chippy Ganassi. Or any of the dumb fook owners who have Findyitis.

Havent you been listening to Ftg and his gomers for the last decade?
Findy ain't yours and it never was!

Ya'll need to walk away and not look back. Sure, you may have loved the place. It may seem hard, but you can do it.

And ChampCar needs to forge it's own identity and get as far away from the hickyard as it can. Because toeknees on a mission from dog. And he'll burn the mutha down before he gives up, or admits he was wrong.

It's his. He can do whatever he wants. And he will.

Why on earth should ANYONE try to save the place? So the next generation of the hoosier royal family can use it against us? Again?

Live and learn.

coolhand
05-03-05, 12:12 AM
Geez. You guy's all sound an awful lot like Carl Haas. Or Roger Penske. Or Chippy Ganassi. Or any of the dumb fook owners who have Findyitis.

Havent you been listening to Ftg and his gomers for the last decade?
Findy ain't yours and it never was!

Ya'll need to walk away and not look back. Sure, you may have loved the place. It may seem hard, but you can do it.

And ChampCar needs to forge it's own identity and get as far away from the hickyard as it can. Because toeknees on a mission from dog. And he'll burn the mutha down before he gives up, or admits he was wrong.

It's his. He can do whatever he wants. And he will.

Why on earth should ANYONE try to save the place? So the next generation of the hoosier royal family can use it against us? Again?

Live and learn.

i would be happy with a strong series without it, but it has not happened ass long as their si the IRL around. EARL HAS TO GO, and i have always felt that.

clutch
05-03-05, 01:05 AM
Old news from Miller. Sounds like stuff we were saying in posts on internet forums almost 10 years ago.

FCYTravis
05-03-05, 01:30 AM
Get back to the Brickyard and get back to one series and we stand a snowball's chance in Hell of making open-wheel what it once was.

Robin (and Spicoli) are bang-on.

Those of you who say Indy is irrelevant need to wake up. There aren't enough of us whine-n-cheeze pointycar parking lot racin' furriner fans to sustain a series that does anything more than putter around a bunch of cone chicanes in Santa Fe.

2DB
05-03-05, 08:41 AM
Robin's article is spot on as far as I am concerned and that is a shame. The announcement of that insurer dumping more bucks in the grandson's coffers for naming rights to the cab race will keep support flowing. The president and CEO of the Lucky Sp3rm Club will never give up because there is no one to tell him he's wrong.

Kelvis

P.S. Conversation recently heard in Heaven: Hello Mr. Hulman I just got here and let me tell you what your grandson has been up to...........................

JT265
05-03-05, 09:41 AM
Robin's article is spot on as far as I am concerned and that is a shame. The announcement of that insurer dumping more bucks in the grandson's coffers for naming rights to the cab race will keep support flowing. The president and CEO of the Lucky Sp3rm Club will never give up because there is no one to tell him he's wrong.

Kelvis

P.S. Conversation recently heard in Heaven: Hello Mr. Hulman I just got here and let me tell you what your grandson has been up to...........................

Hell Kelvis, I'll tell him what's wrong, doubt he'd listen tho'. Cool conversation by the way, I believe it's spot on too! :thumbup:

KLang
05-03-05, 09:44 AM
I'm sure my opinion is in the minority here but I was over Indy before the split. It didn't make sense to me that it took the whole month of May to prepare for one darn race. I would have preferred to schedule another race elsewhere earlier in May. The series championship was more important to me then any individual race win.

cart7
05-03-05, 10:15 AM
I'm sure my opinion is in the minority here but I was over Indy before the split.

Too bad, the history of OW racing wouldn't be where it is without Indy. Had the Hulman controlled USAC merely followed the lead of the spridget series and banned RE cars, the landscape of OW racing in this country would be vastly different.

It didn't make sense to me that it took the whole month of May to prepare for one darn race.

It didn't make any sense to anyone outside of Indy. Kudo's to the Hulmans and their quirky nature for holding OW hostage and filling the coffers of Indy area business's for the month of May. Of course, spending the month their was never really an issue. Tony gladly cut back the month when most of his earl teams couldn't afford the entire month living out of hotel rooms.

I would have preferred to schedule another race elsewhere earlier in May. The series championship was more important to me then any individual race win.

Ding, Ding, Ding. This is what made you a Cart fan. You understand this point, agree wholeheartidly with it and support the series outside of Indy.

Typical post Indy race conversations:

Cart fans:
Fan1 - Great race! Loved it. It's always great to be back at the brickyard.

Fan2 - I loved it too. I'm packing up and leaving straight for Milwaukee. I can't wait to see if todays winner can reproduce that success at a short, flat track.

Fan1 - See ya there!

Earl fans:
Fan1 - I can't believe the month is over, I'm so depressed. What am I going to do for a whole year?

Fan2 - I know. Look on the bright side, it's only 335 days till Indy opens for practice next year.

Fan1 - Wanna take in an irl race coming up?

Fan2 - It's just not the same. It's just a filler. No one understands what Indy really means. :cry: