PDA

View Full Version : Cart in Long Beach and What I want to do

JohnHKart
04-30-05, 05:22 PM
I was at Barnes and Noble yesterday and got that horrible Indy Car mag that was bundled with the F1 Racing mag. (I still havent looked at it) You know what I would like to do? Walk into the the LBGP offices, and in their lobby tell them "you know what this LBGP and Champ Car fan thinks of the IRL?", then rip that Indy Car mag to a thousand pieces! I'd love to see the look on Michaelian's face if I did that. That's all I would do, nothing more, maybe I could just leave it on their doorstep ripped up. FTG!

John

Winston Wolfe
04-30-05, 08:43 PM
JHK - you dont happen to work in a Post Office, do ya ? :eek:

SurfaceUnits
04-30-05, 09:19 PM
The latest news from LB

http://www.presstelegram.com/Stories/0,1413,204~28780~2841966,00.html

JLMannin
04-30-05, 09:40 PM
Can a street race turn a profit if there are no ticket buying fans in attendance? If so, then there is probably no way this race will not go Earl. However, I think that these street racing deals need ticket buying fans to turn a profit. I just hate the way the print media treats Champcar like a totally unknown start-up entity.

CARTNUT
05-01-05, 04:26 AM
John, This is what Michaelian would say to you:

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments about the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach. We appreciate your input about the future of our event, and will certainly take it into account along with suggestions from other race goers in our decision-making process. It is our intention to provide our fans with the best show possible again in 2006. :saywhat:

Newtpal
05-01-05, 09:29 AM
Can a street race turn a profit if there are no ticket buying fans in attendance? If so, then there is probably no way this race will not go Earl. However, I think that these street racing deals need ticket buying fans to turn a profit. I just hate the way the print media treats Champcar like a totally unknown start-up entity.

If TG pays them out of his check book the equivalent of what all the paying fans would have paid, it can turn a profit. I wouldn't put it past him.

JLMannin
05-01-05, 10:41 AM
If TG pays them out of his check book the equivalent of what all the paying fans would have paid, it can turn a profit. I wouldn't put it past him.

That is what I was thinking - TG paying a sanction fee equivalent to what a Champcar race on a sunny weekend would bring in - a bad weather guarantee, if you will. If TG has the money to do this, he can have any street courses he wants that are not operated by champcar principals

SurfaceUnits
05-03-05, 10:11 AM
JIM MICHAELIAN, President of the Long Beach Grand Prix Association, is just visiting(Laguna) this weekend. He's been too busy to race himself, but plans to run the Rolex Series race at Watkins Glen in the JMB Ferrari, the team with which he raced at this year's Rolex 24 at Daytona. And no, Michaelian says there isn't any news yet about next year's Long Beach Grand Prix, either regarding Toyota continuing its 31 year relationship as title sponsor, or regarding the Champ Car World Series versus Indy Racing League as the feature race.

CARTNUT
05-03-05, 06:25 PM
I need some clarification on this point: Does the Toyota Sponsorship come directly from Toyota Corporate or is it from the Southern California Toyota Dealers Association as I thought I heard in the past? 'Cause that whole weekend is mainly about advertising for Toyota in the Southland anyway. Toyota would be stupid to let that go.