PDA

View Full Version : Scott Goodyear

Methanolandbrats
04-30-05, 01:53 PM
Somebody please rip his tongue out of his head, that's probably the only way to silence that ********. He mentioned Penske going sportscar racing with Porsche but he could'nt bring himself to say ALMS...then the dimwit says maybe that means a Porsche motor in the back of the Penske in coming years. Is he told to say that or is he truly that ****ing stupid?

Peter Venkman
04-30-05, 01:56 PM
Somebody please rip his tongue out of his head, that's probably the only way to silence that ********. He mentioned Penske going sportscar racing with Porsche but he could'nt bring himself to say ALMS...then the dimwit says maybe that means a Porsche motor in the back of the Penske in coming years. Is he told to say that or is he truly that ****ing stupid?

Yes.

nrc
04-30-05, 02:03 PM
Porsche and BMW. I'm telling you, it's a lock.

Good news, though. Every TV in America comes with a handy "Shut Scott Goodyear Up" button. The latest figures show that Americans are using it in droves.

cart7
04-30-05, 02:22 PM
There was an article in NSSN a week or so ago speculating this along with a 2nd earl shill writer reiterating the same thing a few days ago. It's becoming so transparent that the .1rl is about to come up short engines in the next year or two that earl friendly scribes are making stuff up to calm those few fans that actually take-off their rose colored glasses long enough to see the problem.

nrc
04-30-05, 02:33 PM
Has Porsche said what engine they'll be using in the ALMS effort? Is it the same engine that they provide for Grand Am use? Obviously if Tony gets shut out of paying engine suppliers and goes with some kind of Grand Am compatible format, Porsche would be an option.

But Porsche and the rest of the Grand Am engine suppliers aren't going to spend the money that Toyota and Honda have been paying to prop up the league under the current arrangement.

Peter Venkman
04-30-05, 02:39 PM
Has Porsche said what engine they'll be using in the ALMS effort? Is it the same engine that they provide for Grand Am use? Obviously if Tony gets shut out of paying engine suppliers and goes with some kind of Grand Am compatible format, Porsche would be an option.

But Porsche and the rest of the Grand Am engine suppliers aren't going to spend the money that Toyota and Honda have been paying to prop up the league under the current arrangement.

My bet would be a derivitive of the Carrera V10.

Sean O'Gorman
04-30-05, 02:41 PM
My bet would be a derivitive of the Carrera V10.

For the LMP2? I think nrc is right, it'll probably be the N/A flat-6.

TKGAngel
04-30-05, 02:43 PM
Was it Goodyear or the other yahoo in the booth who said that if Chevrolet would beat out Honda/Toyota on their home turf, it would be big news in the states? Big news where? :rolleyes:

Bets on TV ratings?

FRANKY
04-30-05, 03:28 PM

I thought I had read something somewhere on the subject.

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57962&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Racing Truth
04-30-05, 03:42 PM

Yes, and he is that stupid.

I loved when he told us one team was going to the back of the car when they took off the engine cowling. After all, I really couldn't see that. :shakehead

FWIW: This stupid Porsche thing was started by someone on the SPEED boards. Scott Goodyear= the new Mark C. :gomer:

extramundane
04-30-05, 04:24 PM
For the LMP2? I think nrc is right, it'll probably be the N/A flat-6.

Most people are assuming it's the same 3.8L F6 that's in the new 997.

Winston Wolfe
04-30-05, 08:53 PM

I loved the part, when, after two crapwagens were "dicing" back and forth, passing each other with each respective "drivers" (using that term very LOOSELY ) flat on the floor, he said " that is what we call 'tit for tat' racing "... This guy has GOT to be the worst EVER. PERIOD. FULL STOP.

The best part was when Panther ran out of fuel with two laps to go, and he said " I know what those guys are going through, I raced with them before ". What an ultra-maroon, what an in-compata-BULL, what a fool ! :thumdown:

FCYTravis
04-30-05, 11:16 PM
Actually, I think it's going to be none of the above - flat engines screw with tunnels. 3.8 is too many litres for P2 anyway.

If I recall correctly, they're going with an all-new racing-specific 3.4 DOHC V8.

extramundane
05-01-05, 01:54 AM
Actually, I think it's going to be none of the above - flat engines screw with tunnels. 3.8 is too many litres for P2 anyway.

P2 can use GT2-homologated engines up to 4L. They couldn't use it now, but once the 997 is legal...

Rocketdoc
05-01-05, 06:35 PM
My mistake on the V10.

I hadn't read that the first foray will be P2.

Spicoli
05-01-05, 07:26 PM
Kia to EARL.

****, these morons will believe anything.

idiots. :cry:

coolhand
05-01-05, 08:00 PM
Kia to EARL.

****, these morons will believe anything.

idiots. :cry:

Kia versus Hyudia. I can see it comming. those two epic mafcs. battling for the Borg Warner trophy. :gomer:

eiregosod
05-01-05, 08:30 PM
Y
FWIW: This stupid Porsche thing was started by someone on the SPEED boards. Scott Goodyear= the new Mark C. :gomer:

Wow, MarkC is gonna do the TV analyst job :eek: