PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Contributions for John Gaughan (Railbird)

nrc
04-30-05, 03:59 AM
Since our previous thread doesn't get to the details until well down the page I thought that I would start a new topic with details and an update.

We are accepting contributions for a donation that we will be making in Railbird's memory. We have decided that this donation will go to The Hole In The Wall Camps (http://www.holeinthewallcamps.org/). So far we have received donations totalling $375. We'll accept contributions for this donation until Friday, May 6th.

If you would like to contribute you can make a PayPal donation by clicking the button below. The contribution will be noted as being from "The Race Fans at the OffCamber Forums" in John's memory.

https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but21.gif (https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=nrc%40offcamber.org&item_name=Off+Camber+Donation&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD)

Nick51
05-01-05, 08:46 PM
Dad would really like that. Thank you guys very much for everything. It's a little overwhelming but appreciated more than you guys could imagine.

Nick

nrc
05-06-05, 01:10 AM
Just a reminder. Tomorrow (Friday) will be our final day collecting contributions for this donation. Thanks to your generous contributions we'll be donating over $850 to The Hole in the Wall Camps in John's memory.

nrc
05-08-05, 08:20 PM
We have now collected $1,050 to be donated to The Hole in the Wall Camps in John's memory. Your generousity only confirms what we already knew - we will all miss John tremendously. Thank you to everyone who contributed.

We always saw John as someone who made a point of enjoying life no matter what it threw at him. Racing politics have done their best to ruin the sport that he loved, but he still always made the most of it. I think I recall him saying that a bad day at the races beats a good day just about anyplace else.

So we think John would appreciate seeing this donation in his memory going to help sick children enjoy something as simple as a weekend at camp. A weekend that they otherwise might never get.

It's impossible to say how much we'll miss Railbird here. The forum just won't quite be the same without him. His wit and wisdom were one of the highlights of any forum he visited. John would probably be flattered that so many of us feel his loss so deeply. But he would also want us to get back about the business of enjoying life. So raise a toast to our friend and drop the flag.

Nick51
05-09-05, 11:11 AM
We have now collected $1,050 to be donated to The Hole in the Wall Camps in John's memory. Your generousity only confirms what we already knew - we will all miss John tremendously. Thank you to everyone who contributed.

We always saw John as someone who made a point of enjoying life no matter what it threw at him. Racing politics have done their best to ruin the sport that he loved, but he still always made the most of it. I think I recall him saying that a bad day at the races beats a good day just about anyplace else.

So we think John would appreciate seeing this donation in his memory going to help sick children enjoy something as simple as a weekend at camp. A weekend that they otherwise might never get.

It's impossible to say how much we'll miss Railbird here. The forum just won't quite be the same without him. His wit and wisdom were one of the highlights of any forum he visited. John would probably be flattered that so many of us feel his loss so deeply. But he would also want us to get back about the business of enjoying life. So raise a toast to our friend and drop the flag.

That is tremendous. Well said nrc. It's time to go racin'! :)