PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and prayers would be appreciated

Anteater
04-29-05, 07:18 PM
Well, this has been a pretty lousy week anyway...

Apparently, I have a nasty infection that isn't responding to oral antibiotics, so my doctor is admitting me to the hospital for intravenous meds (and possibly surgery). I'm already a human pincushion from being stuck during a Wednesday night visit to the ER. Sorry if it sounds like I'm whining, but I'm not looking forward to going to the hospital. Plus my face is grotesquely swollen, and I look and feel d@mned awful. :cry: I guess the sooner I go, the sooner I'll get better.

RHR_Fan
04-29-05, 07:42 PM
I hope you feel better real soon! :)

~Nicole

anait
04-29-05, 08:07 PM
Thoughts and prayers headed your way. :)

dando
04-29-05, 08:11 PM
Good Karma is on its way. :)

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-29-05, 08:23 PM
what Dando said, even if he is a buckeye :) hope you get better!

nissan gtp
04-29-05, 08:43 PM
here's hoping things go well ! :thumbup:

racer2c
04-29-05, 08:46 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Methanolandbrats
04-29-05, 08:47 PM
Yikes, going to the hospital sucks, but usually the only alternative treatment is a shovel, so it's really not that bad. Get well soon!

oddlycalm
04-29-05, 09:41 PM
Sorry to hear about the infection AE, however I'm glad the Doc is on the ball and paying attention. Serious business. We'll be thinking of you.

oc

Paintergeek
04-29-05, 10:19 PM
Always look at the bright side, (this coming from a serious pessimist). This could be much worse. A guy I work with just underwent 22 hours of surgery to save a near-severed foot from a bike wreck. Kinda Puts it all in perspective. And I told him the same thing....Coulda been worse. Coulda been your head...........

my thoughts are with you regardless...hospitals suck.

RaceGrrl
04-29-05, 11:03 PM
I'll be thinking of you, Anteater. Let us know how you are doing.

fourrunner
04-30-05, 12:24 AM
Wishing only good things from this ... Take care ! :thumbup:

trish
04-30-05, 10:34 AM
Prayers sent. Good luck and get well soon.

Michaelhatesfans
04-30-05, 01:12 PM
I hear that when you stay overnight at the hospital you get free Jello. So you've got that going for you. :thumbup:

Take care, we'll see you in Portland! :cool:

manic mechanic
04-30-05, 02:54 PM
Hang tough, Ant. We are with you in spirit :thumbup:

manic

peelo
04-30-05, 03:00 PM
Sheesh ... sorry about this my dear! Already lifted up prayers for you and Mr. Anteater.

Hope your infection responds quickly!! :)

Kiwifan
04-30-05, 04:40 PM
Take care sport. :thumbup:

Rusty.

Winston Wolfe
04-30-05, 08:58 PM
Hang in there Anteater ! It'll be over before you know it and you'll be back at home.... Best wishes to ya !!!! :thumbup:

lisa
05-01-05, 12:57 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Hope everything is going well for you. Get better so you can still go to Cleveland.

Lisa and Mark

JoeBob
05-01-05, 01:55 AM
Get well soon.

oddlycalm
05-01-05, 03:14 AM
We were down the valley at a blues club Saturday night with an old friend of Anteater's who told us she spoke to her in the late afternoon and it sounds like things are beginning to go a bit better. There is a possibility she will be released in the next day or two. :thumbup:

oc

CARTNUT
05-01-05, 04:38 AM
Ant,

Hope you are feeling better soon. Being sick just plain sucks.http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sick/sick17.gif Hang in there. The CARTNUTs are prayin' for ya! :)

'NUT :gomer:

lone_groover
05-01-05, 08:11 PM
Wishing you a quick and completer recovery anteater!

:)

:thumbup:

Anteater
05-02-05, 10:48 PM
Woo hoo, they let me out!!! :D Thanks so much for your support and kind words--Mr. Anteater printed out the thread and brought it to me in the hospital, and it was like getting a bunch of get-well cards! :thumbup: Really raised my spirits.

I hadn't been a patient in a hospital since I had my tonsils out at age 10, so I was pretty freaked out about the whole thing. I checked into the hospital Friday night at around 7:00; about 3 hours later, the nurse got me hooked up to an IV. That was the worst part, due to my pathetic little veins. Also, did I mention that I'm not good about needles? :eek: Thank goodness the second attempt to get the probe in was successful!

Anyway, I had a lovely private room--they even told me that Mr. A could stay overnight on a cot in my room, but I told him to go home and enjoy the comfort of his own bed. :) Everyone on the staff was kind and attentive. My primary-care physician even stopped by to see me--I didn't realize that he is on staff at the hospital when he isn't in his office. I joked with my doctor that being in the hospital was like staying at a 5-star hotel, and he wryly commented that a 5-star hotel would be cheaper! So much for the "free jello" (yes, I had some). The food was actually pretty decent.

After 48 hours of IV treatment, I was much better, so they discharged me--I practically danced out of there, I was so happy! Today I'm resting at home. The swelling on my jaw is nearly gone; I'm putting warm compresses on the swelling to further reduce it, popping big horse-pills of Augmentin, and drinking lots of fluids. The theory is that my salivary gland got blocked due to not keeping myself hydrated sufficiently, which led to the subsequent nasty infection. You can bet I won't do that again!

nrc
05-02-05, 11:44 PM
Glad to hear that you're feeling better. Room service will be up to Mr. A now. :)

RaceGrrl
05-03-05, 12:39 AM
Remember this: Booze does not equal hydration. :D

I'm really glad to hear you're feeling better.

Michaelhatesfans
05-03-05, 01:47 AM
:thumbup:

oddlycalm
05-03-05, 10:56 PM
Glad to hear you're feeling a bit more chipper AE. :thumbup:

We joined your friend Linda and her clan down at Lefty's in Salem for some jump blues on Saturday night and were thinking about you in between the partying and carrying on.

oc

G.
05-04-05, 11:44 AM
Glad to have you back!

Anteater
05-04-05, 09:19 PM
I had a follow-up visit today with the doctor who had me admitted; he was very pleased with my recovery. He said that if I hadn't gone into the hospital over the weekend, I probably would have had surgery on Monday. :eek: Sure glad I dodged that bullet!

OC, glad to hear that you all had a fine time at Lefty's; it put a smile on my face to think of my friends enjoying a night on the town together.

Ankf00
05-04-05, 09:25 PM
glad to hear you're doing better :)