PDA

View Full Version : The Return of Fitti the Lesser?

racer2c
04-28-05, 10:58 AM
Link (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/16524/)

For Jenson.

I still wear an old Fitti t-shirt (Bud car) to work on my car.

mapguy
04-28-05, 11:19 AM
Great. :rolleyes: The last thing we need is that jackass back in the field.

Wally
04-28-05, 11:21 AM
Great. :rolleyes: The last thing we need is that jackass back in the field.

Good posting........ :thumbup:

skaven
04-28-05, 11:22 AM
Yep. I've missed the Fitti mock-clap. :rolleyes:

Spicoli
04-28-05, 11:24 AM
:cry:

WHAT? Del Monte GONE? :saywhat:

cart7
04-28-05, 11:35 AM
Hopefully he'll remember he's not in a fendered car and refrain from bump draftin and rubbin. :gomer:

rabbit
04-28-05, 12:29 PM

Appearantly someone called for his head.

;)

Wheel-Nut
04-28-05, 12:39 PM
Didn't Fittipaldi recently have some bad remarks about Champ Car? :confused:

Racing Truth
04-28-05, 12:45 PM
Well, at least it's just replacing one wanker with another.

I guess we can call this "Railbird Karma." ;) :cool:

Wabbit
04-28-05, 01:08 PM

He got canned.

racer2c
04-28-05, 01:25 PM
Didn't Fittipaldi recently have some bad remarks about Champ Car? :confused:

I think NASCAR makes them do that.

Spicoli
04-28-05, 01:59 PM
He got canned.

Gee what for? :shakehead

Sorry. ;)

Al Czervik
04-28-05, 02:04 PM
He got canned.

Nooooooooooooooooooo, not another bad pun thread.

There's already bean a pear of them already. (Sorry, couldn't resist)

devilmaster
04-28-05, 02:47 PM
Hey! i'm still bitter that the glock thread got closed.... that had limitless potential.....

But on the topic - It really won't matter who Jensen puts in his car... He could put Chinboy in his car and it really won't matter. Single car, brand new team, he needs to get out and test.... and alot of it. But even jensen keeps harping on the fact he needs money to run. "its a business" has been his catchphrase....

Hell, turn jensen into nostalgia motorsport and put a different old shoe in for each race.....

It will be the only way jensen will get decent attention for his team this year.

Steve

Winston Wolfe
04-28-05, 03:23 PM
Hey! i'm still bitter that the glock thread got closed.... that had limitless potential.....

Hell, turn jensen into nostalgia motorsport and put a different old shoe in for each race.....

It will be the only way jensen will get decent attention for his team this year.

Steve

Heck, lets start with "Wittle Al".... put a LARGE drink holder in and a place to stash a few singles for lap dances and he can drive.

Widen the tub and let Ol Nige drive a few races.

Maybe even go with Memo for a few races.

Possibly contact Geoff Boss for a weekend.

Finally, you can probably get Nic Minassian. He barely had enough time to get his TCGR racing suit dirty, back in the day.

Let's have some fun with this one.

devilmaster
04-28-05, 03:38 PM

alright :laugh:

13 races left, right? I'll assume we want a combo of great history and bad jokes......

In no particular order:

Mario Andretti
Gil DeFerran
Wally Dallenbach Jr - he can wear that open faced helmet he uses in the NBC car...
Stefan Johansson
Parker Johnstone
Nigel Mansell
Hiro Matsucrapa - cause the software won't accept ****
Roberto Moreno
Scott Pruett
Eliseo Salazar
Damon Hill
Christian Fittipaldi and.......

Shiggy Hattori!!!!!

Al Czervik
04-28-05, 03:41 PM
Heck, lets start with "Wittle Al".... put a LARGE drink holder in and a place to stash a few singles for lap dances and he can drive.

Widen the tub and let Ol Nige drive a few races.

Maybe even go with Memo for a few races.

Possibly contact Geoff Boss for a weekend.

Finally, you can probably get Nic Minassian. He barely had enough time to get his TCGR racing suit dirty, back in the day.

Scott Goodyear for Toronto. When he spins it, DD can say " Now this is what we actually refer to as 'oversteer', when the back tires actually break away first.." Repeat as required. When he finally stuffs it in the wall,"now this is what we actually refer to as 'understeer'".

Hot Rod Otis
04-28-05, 04:20 PM
Bring back Luiz Garcia Jr. so he can rip off another epic 130MPH qualifying lap like the one he did @ Nazareth in 2000.

Charles Nearburg, the man who made Hiro Matsu****a look like Ayrton Senna, isn't busy these days.

RichK
04-28-05, 06:33 PM
He got canned.

Del Monte was just another fruity-cupper, anyway.

coolhand
04-28-05, 08:07 PM
Long Beach was a total waste for jensen. How did this clown become a team owner?

Why put a guy in a car he has never run before when you have never run it before.

:shakehead

coolhand
04-28-05, 08:08 PM
Del Monte was just another fruity-cupper, anyway.

damn furrener :thumdown:

put a bad ass in that seat now

lone_groover
04-28-05, 08:09 PM
yuk yuk.....the laffs have gotten SO cheap, it's gonna take me a while to ketchup.

:)

skaven
04-28-05, 08:25 PM
Hell, turn jensen into nostalgia motorsport and put a different old shoe in for each race..... Steve

I'm sure the Canadian races are covered. Lavin in the Corona car would be nice for the Mexican events.

Milwaukee - I'd sit the car.

Cleveland - Too bad Rahal's dead to us now. How about Robby Gordon. What year was it he and Villeneuve went at it there?

Portland/ San Jose - Memo can hitch a ride up to these.

Denver - Danny Sullivan comes down from Aspen (does he still live there?).

Ansan - 'king Hiro returns to lord over the peninsula. Kim Jong Il watches on a black and white TV in a velvety bunker.

Alternate drivers - whoever has the check.

Seriously, I hope they can patch enough sponsorship together to get through the year and set up a better effort next year.

racer2c
04-28-05, 09:18 PM
yuk yuk.....the laffs have gotten SO cheap, it's gonna take me a while to ketchup.

:)

:D

DagoFast
04-28-05, 09:28 PM
I'm thinking 3 car superteam.

Dust off those old dihedral wing Parnelli's, and get Randy Lewis, Bill Alsup and Dennis Vitolo to drive 'em.

We'll out-gomer the gomers. :gomer:

pkvracing12
04-29-05, 12:26 AM
I rember being at M.I.S in 00 and rember him first wrecking kenny brack he came back with a damaged machine in the top 5 i might add he spun several times on the backstretch infield his car wasnt wrecked but the big wimp called it a day becuase he bumped his knee. Pretty Boy in Racing = idiot behind the wheel! go back to nascar redneck cup!

Jervis Tetch 1
04-29-05, 09:51 AM
Bring back Luiz Garcia Jr. so he can rip off another epic 130MPH qualifying lap like the one he did @ Nazareth in 2000.

Charles Nearburg, the man who made Hiro Matsu****a look like Ayrton Senna, isn't busy these days.What about Paul Jasper or Randy Lewis?

Wabbit
04-29-05, 10:32 AM

Steve

Isn't getting attention the way to start attracting sponsors?

As a sponsor, you want to be on the car of someone that gets a lot of attention. Sponsor for the whole season, and you will increase driver stability and team capabilities.

Al Czervik
04-29-05, 10:51 AM
What about Paul Jasper or Randy Lewis?

Isn't Randy Lewis unvailable for 15 - 25 years for, uh, "supplying" people like FTG and Enge?

DagoFast
04-29-05, 11:08 AM
Isn't Randy Lewis unvailable for 15 - 25 years for, uh, "supplying" people like FTG and Enge?

Nope. Your thinking of Randy Lanier. Randy Lewis only supplied laughs.

devilmaster
04-29-05, 11:23 AM
Isn't getting attention the way to start attracting sponsors?

As a sponsor, you want to be on the car of someone that gets a lot of attention. Sponsor for the whole season, and you will increase driver stability and team capabilities.

I somewhat agree, problem is, this turns into the chicken and the egg argument. Do you get attention by having a good driver in a crappy car? Or by having a decent car and whomever can run it well?

A famous driver or two will bring attention to Jensen, yes. Problem is, what good driver will accept the cackles and laughing from the fans if he doesn't have a decent car under him?

Jensen's car was s-l-o-w at LB. Stupid slow. We all know of reasons why it was, new driver new team, etc.etc.etc. But that really doesn't matter to prospective sponsors. If Jensen waits to get sponsors before he tests, (and that's how I kinda read his comments in that article) then his team will languish at the back consistently.

The good thing in all of this, is that Jensen has shown an ability of having a golden tongue, and constantly having sponsors for his other teams. If he has a better showing at Monterrey, he can translate that into 'we're getting better' in any presentation to the boardrooms.....

The other thing helping him, is the fact that he's has 6 weeks to figure it out. His car can be better by the next race. And that's what i'm hoping for, regardless of driver.

Al Czervik
04-29-05, 02:18 PM
Nope. Your thinking of Randy Lanier. Randy Lewis only supplied laughs.

My bad. Apologies to Randy Lewis if he's reading this. Not for implying he was a drug dealer, but for linking him with FTG.

Fitti Fan
04-29-05, 05:20 PM
I knew I should have changed my handle long ago!

coolhand
04-29-05, 07:25 PM
:laugh: :rofl:

Sean O'Gorman
04-29-05, 07:54 PM

You can change to Wussy and then maybe they'll stop calling me that here. :)

Ankf00
04-29-05, 08:23 PM
You can change to Wussy and then maybe they'll stop calling me that here. :)

shup wussy

Andrew Longman
04-29-05, 09:31 PM
Can anyone remember a Nascar cast off moving to Champcar?

And did Garcia really post a 130 mph lap at Naz? I was there and I guess I must have dismissed it, but that truly sucks. PT turned 200 there.

Hot Rod Otis
04-29-05, 10:04 PM
Looked it up in the 2000 CART yearbook. Garcia's qualifying speed @ Nazareth was 131.475. Montoya was on pole @ 176.868.

CARTNUT
04-29-05, 10:10 PM

I was waiting for that. :p :laugh:

'NUT :gomer:

theunions
05-09-05, 04:09 PM
AR1 says no Christian, del Monte or anyone else in a Jensen car at Monterrey.

Dr. Corkski
05-09-05, 05:04 PM
AR1 says no Christian, del Monte or anyone else in a Jensen car at Monterrey.Eric Jensen says he's too busy throwing parties at Monaco and running his 4 mini Bimmers to bother with Monterrey. But at least the brown-nosing crappies still love him. :gomer:

Michaelhatesfans
05-09-05, 05:36 PM
Randy Lewis only supplied laughs.
Derek Daly. Portland. Bitch slap.