PDA

View Full Version : WOOO HOOOOOOOO

Ankf00
04-27-05, 09:10 PM
BLUR'S GETTING BACK TOGETHER WITH GRAHAM COXON!!!!

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/blur%20hint%20at%20comeback

The British PARKLIFE rockers have turned into a part-time outfit to allow frontman DAMON ALBARN the freedom to focus on his animated side-project GORILLAZ, but Rowntree insists all four Blur members are eager to work on the band that launched them to fame again.

:thumbup:

Paintergeek
04-27-05, 09:24 PM
BLUR'S GETTING BACK TOGETHER WITH GRAHAM COXON!!!!

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/blur%20hint%20at%20comeback

:thumbup:

I won the 2 disc blur's greatest hits package on X103 a few years back, but when I found out I had to drive to the station to get it, I declined the prize. Wasnt worth my gas and time.

Honestly Stateside they never have hit very big , other than that one song...Whats it called? Song 3 or something...the one thats like "I got my head checked...by a jumbo jet.....it wasnt easy....but nothin i-iiiiiiiiissss.........WOO HOO!.

haha! Guess who just got the thread title. :)

Ankf00
04-27-05, 11:08 PM
thread title was OGorman's idea, blame him :gomer:

Spicoli
04-28-05, 06:47 AM
I won the 2 disc blur's greatest hits package on X103 a few years back, but when I found out I had to drive to the station to get it, I declined the prize. Wasnt worth my gas and time.

Honestly Stateside they never have hit very big , other than that one song...Whats it called? Song 3 or something...the one thats like "I got my head checked...by a jumbo jet.....it wasnt easy....but nothin i-iiiiiiiiissss.........WOO HOO!.

haha! Guess who just got the thread title. :)

this is what's wrong with people and music.

"I don;t know their songs, so I don't like them" :rolleyes:

I could just go OFF on this, but in the end - its YOUR loss. :shakehead

Figures you listen to X-103 "Feed me the hits!" :gomer:

Paintergeek
04-28-05, 08:23 AM
this is what's wrong with people and music.

"I don;t know their songs, so I don't like them" :rolleyes:

I could just go OFF on this, but in the end - its YOUR loss. :shakehead

Figures you listen to X-103 "Feed me the hits!" :gomer:

Why the hell do people keep quoting ***** I never said? They did this on the soccer thread too saying 'your dislike of soccer shows in every post'....when I had not once said I hated soccer, and had only ONCE said it was boring.

Now all the sudden its 'I dont know their songs, so I hate them'. Re-read my post. I didnt ever say either of those things. Try reading instead of reaching for the smilies after each sentence.

X103 sucks. I almost never listen to it. I won the CD on the Hangover Cafe, sunday mornings with Dave Dugan.........GREAT stuff. And I am completely familiar with Blurs music. I said they never really HIT STATESIDE, I didnt say I had never heard of them or their music or even that I hated them. I said it wasnt worth my time and gas money to get get the CD's. Sheesh.

Any band that starts off as top 40 pop music and then does a total image overhaul to revive their career I dont like. I didnt like it when Metallica started wearing Black Beanines to 'fit in', and especially when blur went from what they had been to what they are kinda..........overnight. I like stuff like the Cure, who have never changed their look or style ever. They do what they like, not what they need to to have a hit.

Dirty Sanchez
04-28-05, 09:31 AM
thread title was OGorman's idea, blame him :gomer:you guys consult with one another before posting? :gomer: :saywhat: :gomer:

Jervis Tetch 1
04-28-05, 09:54 AM
Damn, and I thought this was a thread on the "Nature Boy."

http://www.bobborden.com/diary/images/ricflair.jpg

anait
04-28-05, 10:30 AM
you guys consult with one another before posting? :gomer: :saywhat: :gomer:

That was my thought, too... :p

racer2c
04-28-05, 10:45 AM
I think I remember that band. Fought with the Gallagher brothers in the English tabloids. But the 90's was a blur for me.

Spicoli
04-28-05, 11:04 AM
Why the hell do people keep quoting ***** I never said? They did this on the soccer thread too saying 'your dislike of soccer shows in every post'....when I had not once said I hated soccer, and had only ONCE said it was boring.

Now all the sudden its 'I dont know their songs, so I hate them'. Re-read my post. I didnt ever say either of those things. Try reading instead of reaching for the smilies after each sentence.

X103 sucks. I almost never listen to it. I won the CD on the Hangover Cafe, sunday mornings with Dave Dugan.........GREAT stuff. And I am completely familiar with Blurs music. I said they never really HIT STATESIDE, I didnt say I had never heard of them or their music or even that I hated them. I said it wasnt worth my time and gas money to get get the CD's. Sheesh.

Any band that starts off as top 40 pop music and then does a total image overhaul to revive their career I dont like. I didnt like it when Metallica started wearing Black Beanines to 'fit in', and especially when blur went from what they had been to what they are kinda..........overnight. I like stuff like the Cure, who have never changed their look or style ever. They do what they like, not what they need to to have a hit.

Hangover Cafe is about the only thing I listen to around here. and I miss it alot becuase I am in church, where you mother****ing sinners should be every Sunday.

Thanks for your clarification, I thoiught maybe you were a dick or something. :geek:

:runs:\

:D

Sean O'Gorman
04-28-05, 11:31 AM
Hangover Cafe is about the only thing I listen to around here. and I miss it alot becuase I am in church, where you mother****ing sinners should be every Sunday.

You mean you can actually walk into a church without bursting into flames? :saywhat:

skaven
04-28-05, 11:41 AM
You mean you can actually walk into a church without bursting into flames? :saywhat:

http://www.subgenius.com/ :D

Racing Truth
04-28-05, 11:43 AM

:rofl:

Well, he never said what KIND of church. ;)

Spicoli
04-28-05, 11:48 AM

Damn straight Betsy.

anait
04-28-05, 01:38 PM
Damn straight Betsy.

:thumbup: :D I only wish ours started half an hour later, so I wouldn't miss the end of some F1 races on mornings we have to get there early. I like watching live. 'Spose we could always watch in the youth room, that's where we catch curling. :p

Spicoli
04-28-05, 01:55 PM
:thumbup: :D I only wish ours started half an hour later, so I wouldn't miss the end of some F1 races on mornings we have to get there early. I like watching live. 'Spose we could always watch in the youth room, that's where we catch curling. :p

Try Catholic. We have the "cafeteria plan" for services. :thumbup:

Warlock!
04-28-05, 02:17 PM
:thumbup: :D I only wish ours started half an hour later, so I wouldn't miss the end of some F1 races...
Do what I do... go late. ;)

:Me, to the guy in the pew behind my family as I walk in 10 minutes late:

"Mornin'... howzit goin'?"

:Guy, knowing nothing about F1 besides knowing that's usually why I'm late, and usually telling him the winner:

"Morning. Schumacher win again?"

Wheel-Nut
04-28-05, 02:23 PM
Hows it go Spicoli?

Thread hijack - complete.

anait
04-28-05, 03:20 PM
Yeah, we're often late. :) I love F1 Sunday mornings. We set the TV in our room to come on at 6am, and drift in and out of consciousness listening to the pre-race stuff...then we hear the engines quiet...and when the announcers' voices start to rise in pitch as the lights go on, we scramble to sit up, grab our eyeglasses and the remote without knocking all the other crap off the bedside tables, and attempt to focus our sleepy eyes in time for the first corner...

Veering wildly back on topic to appease Ank...I should add a blur CD to my ever-lengthening list of artists-I-don't-know-but-should-give-a-listen-to?? :) Can you give me a 'they're sorta like ______'...??

Ankf00
04-28-05, 08:18 PM
you guys consult with one another before posting? :gomer:

it's the new world order, watch out, beetches. :gomer:

oh ya, graham coxon + damon albarn > you. remember that ;)