PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, Napoleon!

rabbit
04-27-05, 10:14 AM
It has been nice having you back at OC. I hope your birthday is a great one!
:cool::thumbup:

nrc
04-27-05, 10:34 AM
HB and I'll second the "nice to have you back"!

racer2c
04-27-05, 10:49 AM
Make it a good one! :thumbup:

lone_groover
04-27-05, 10:54 AM
F'REAL!

Have a nice bottle of something good, playa.....and don't forget to recycle.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

:thumbup: :)

devilmaster
04-27-05, 11:46 AM
Happy B-day nappy....

I'll third the thought that's its good to have you back........ as long as you stop saying I am a jinx ;)

Steve

cart7
04-27-05, 12:26 PM
Have a great one!! :thumbup:

RichK
04-27-05, 12:38 PM
Happy Birthday, Nap!

fourrunner
04-27-05, 02:28 PM
Happy Birthday Napoleon !!

Napoleon
04-27-05, 04:53 PM
Thanks everyone and I am glad to be back from my self imposed exile stretching back to last July. It was weird, I did not in the least miss following racing for almost a year but now that I am back its hard to believe I took that much time away from it.

You guys and gals are a lot like family. And Steve, I have forgiven you ;)

Well I am usually in my office first in the morning with the office manager second. She treated me to singing Happy Birthday in a Marylyn Monroe to JFK style (of course no one else believe that here at work) and everyone is taking me out tomorrow night so I get to stretch it out over 2 days.

Who knows if they buy me enough beers maybe I will make a pass at the attractive new MIL…., er, woman my age they just hired a few weeks ago.

It’s good being 44! :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
04-27-05, 05:23 PM
Thanks everyone and I am glad to be back from my self imposed exile stretching back to last July. It was weird, I did not in the least miss following racing for almost a year but now that I am back its hard to believe I took that much time away from it.

Really? You seemed pretty pumped for that F500 race back in September. Then again, I've never seen someone drove 90 miles to Mid-Ohio for one 20 lap race and then go home. :laugh:

RichK
04-27-05, 05:26 PM
Really? You seemed pretty pumped for that F500 race back in September.

Nap, you drove one of those noise-polluters? :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

For shame!

Napoleon
04-27-05, 05:35 PM
Really? You seemed pretty pumped for that F500 race back in September. Then again, I've never seen someone drove 90 miles to Mid-Ohio for one 20 lap race and then go home. :laugh:

OK, except for that. I forgot about that race. The very fact that I traveled all that way and only watched the one race tells you everything.

Nap, you drove one of those noise-polluters? :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

For shame!

No a good friend of mine had the pole in the class at the Run-Offs. I had to go see him race. He got his win stripped from him in impound for a technical violation. It was a shame because he flat out earned the win.

But I do have SOME standards and you would never catch me driving one of those things!

trish
04-27-05, 05:38 PM
Happy birthday!

RichK
04-27-05, 05:38 PM
He got his win stripped from him in impound for a technical violation.

He didn't exceed the class decibel lower limit? :)

That sucks, though, I imagine that the Runoffs tech shed is a stressful place.

rabbit
04-27-05, 05:41 PM
....one of those noise-polluters....You mean this? (http://www.sidewinderracing.com/500.driveby1.mov)

RichK
04-27-05, 05:45 PM
You mean this? (http://www.sidewinderracing.com/500.driveby1.mov)

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/May2002/200205134b.jpg

TRDfan
04-27-05, 06:26 PM
Happy Birthday to the one that originally invited me here.

Late April birthday people got it goin on.

Napoleon
04-27-05, 06:59 PM
Happy Birthday to the one that originally invited me here.

Late April birthday people got it goin on.

To the house that Wickerbill/Laguna built!

He didn't exceed the class decibel lower limit? :)

That sucks, though, I imagine that the Runoffs tech shed is a stressful place.

It sucked big time. But the story also shows the sportsmanship you see in the SCCA.

My friend seems to be very well liked and respected in 500 circles. He built his car himself and is a hard but fair racer.

Apparently the rules allow porting the intakes and exhaust but not the chamber or cylinder. Well he had taken his heads to have them ported by WEISCO.

http://www.wiseco.com/

Well after he “wins” the race they tear the engine down and what do you know, when WEISCO ported the heads they accidentally scored the cylinder. Tech considered it a violation, which it technically was. It was an accident and was not in any way performance enhancing. Regardless, they stripped him of the title.

The feel good part is that the guy bumped up to the winner spot refused to go down to the tower when called to be told he “won” saying in my friend and the other 500 drivers presence that “we all know who really won” and also did not attend the award ceremony to pick up the trophy.

I was in a FV race in 02 or 03 we had a similar situation where out of the blue tech said it was a violation to plug the holes left from the removal of the choke with silicone instead of taping it over, again, a non-performance enhancing change (according to every engine builder who has made runs on dynos using both method). Of course those Aholes did it after qualifying, not after practice, even though they new they were going to do it, and were going to DQ people based on it. Well the entire grid got together and confronted tech and TOLD them that they would not disqualify any member of the grid based on the infraction so long as they changed the plugging on their carbs by the race.

Tech complied.

Ankf00
04-27-05, 07:54 PM
now that I think about it, you're the one who sent me the invite for this place, I was completely ignorant of all the infighting and was asking around what OC was, a certain mod from another place got PISSED!!

thanks for that invite, and happy beerday :)

Napoleon
04-27-05, 08:18 PM
now that I think about it, you're the one who sent me the invite for this place, I was completely ignorant of all the infighting and was asking around what OC was, a certain mod from another place got PISSED!!

thanks for that invite, and happy beerday :)

I invited several I thought would be good posters, including you.

It got me kicked off of OC, which I was POed about at the time, but so what.

Of all the boards I have posted on this one is the best.

Sean O'Gorman
04-27-05, 08:27 PM
I invited several I thought would be good posters, including you.

It got me kicked off of OC, which I was POed about at the time, but so what.

Of all the boards I have posted on this one is the best.

Wait, you invited Ank, but not me???????

And when were you kicked off OC?

devilmaster
04-27-05, 08:56 PM

I got him beat on that, Sean..... and he calls me the Jinx cause of it... ;)

Napoleon
04-27-05, 09:08 PM
Wait, you invited Ank, but not me???????

And when were you kicked off OC?

I think I did invite you (you became a member 1/13/03 before TRD and ANK).

Regardless, I was kicked off right at the start of this site.

devilmaster
04-27-05, 09:10 PM

Nappy, I think you have something mistaken.... I don't remember you being kicked off OC - you were kicked off 7G.... thats what seano is sayin

Sean O'Gorman
04-27-05, 09:36 PM

Actually, now that I can recall better, there were rumors going around of a new site, but nobody seemed to know what it was. JoeBob confirmed there was such a site, but refused to tell me what it was, unless I guessed correctly. I somehow recalled the name offcamber.net being mentioned in a thread that was removed, and then another thread came up asking about it that was removed, so I guessed OC, and this forum is now worse off for it. :)

Ankf00
04-27-05, 11:06 PM
Nappy, I think you have something mistaken.... I don't remember you being kicked off OC - you were kicked off 7G.... thats what seano is sayin

ya, I think it was 7g you were banned from, it was cuz of me running my mouth in chat "hey, did anyone get this invite from nappy for this other site" "what site?" and it sorta went downhill from there.... my bad, yo. :gomer:

RaceGrrl
04-27-05, 11:11 PM
Hope you had a happy BD Nappy! Glad you're back. :smile:

Napoleon
04-28-05, 05:44 AM

DUH (smacking side of head).

Thats what I meant to say.

Sounds like Ank is the one who got me in trouble at 7G. ;)

Ankf00
04-28-05, 07:42 AM
I owe you some beer :D

mapguy
04-28-05, 09:31 AM
Happy belated B-Day Nappy and welcome back. :thumbup:

I'll hoist one of these in your honor once noon rolls around:

http://www.mylifeisbeer.com/beer/bottles/autopics/721.jpg

Napoleon
04-28-05, 09:38 AM
I owe you some beer :D

Dully noted!

anait
04-28-05, 10:29 AM
Oh, dang - happy belated, nappy! :) Sorry I'm late. Cheers!