PDA

View Full Version : Arrangements for Railbird

Nick51
04-26-05, 07:53 PM
All of this is per Dad's wishes...

There will be a memorial service on Saturday, 4/30 from 1 - 5pm. It will be held at the Brickyard Crossing Pavilion (where the IRL opener party has been held the last few years).

It is very informal, we will not have anybody speak. Everybody is welcome to come and go as they please. There will be pictures, good conversation, and a cash bar!

Dad wanted a celebration of life not a bunch of people crying....

Thanks for all of your support and prayers.

Nick and Sue Gaughan

p.s. we request that if you chose to donate, donate to your favorite charity.

Chitowncartfreak
04-26-05, 07:55 PM
Thank you, Nick. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family. :(

devilmaster
04-26-05, 08:25 PM
p.s. we request that if you chose to donate, donate to your favorite charity.

Does OC have a charity? if not, how about hole in the wall in Bird's name?

Oh, and btw, sometime on that saturday tween 1 and 5, I will definitely hoist a pint or two to a damn good fellow.

G.
04-26-05, 08:27 PM
:thumbup:

nissan gtp
04-26-05, 08:28 PM
I'll be there in spirit

rabbit
04-26-05, 08:29 PM
:thumbup:

JT265
04-26-05, 08:37 PM

Oh, and btw, sometime on that saturday tween 1 and 5, I will definitely hoist a pint or two to a damn good fellow.

You're a pretty :thumbup: kinda guy Steve!

<even if you are a lousy go-kart driver> :D

rabbit
04-26-05, 08:51 PM
For those who are interested, you can make a tribute donation on the Hole in the Wall Gang website. (https://dnbweb1.blackbaud.com/OPXDONATE/donate.asp?cguid=43E3B255%2D938C%2D417D%2DB456%2D2 A12541B8191&dpid=3124) You can donate in his name there and have the camp send the family a letter.

RTKar
04-26-05, 09:43 PM
Great idea Steve.

"Last summer, 1,047 beautiful and courageous children attended Camp free of charge - more than ever before. And over the course of the fall, winter, and spring another 3,000 children will either enjoy a program at Camp or be visited in the hospital by one of our Camp artists. What follows is a snapshot of one moment among many, on one day among many over the course of the summer.

A camper, severely disabled from her sickle cell anemia and unable to walk,
was wheeled into the center of the dining hall when it was announced that
she swam across the pool on her own. She received a standing ovation from
every child and adult in the dining hall. She beamed.

Simple moments like this happen one after another at Camp. Dreams are imagined and realized. Fear and insecurities are overcome. Hope and self-confidence are restored. In a very tangible way, your generosity makes this possible.

nrc
04-26-05, 10:03 PM
Another suggestion has come from Ziggy, Spicoli and others. The idea would be some kind of "scholarship" to send a deserving fan to the races. Possibly a fitting tribute to John and could be an annual thing. Maybe we could have an annual "Drop The Flag" drive to help fund it.

rocket
04-26-05, 11:53 PM
All good ideas, I'm gonna make the drive down from Chitown to attend.

Spicoli
04-29-05, 11:38 AM
Another suggestion has come from Ziggy, Spicoli and others. The idea would be some kind of "scholarship" to send a deserving fan to the races. Possibly a fitting tribute to John and could be an annual thing. Maybe we could have an annual "Drop The Flag" drive to help fund it.

We're working on that, but for now, we are sending a nice floral thing for Saturday.

The scholarship, living memorial, is a great idea for sure, but we are going to need some time to figure out all the logistics of it.

If anyone here is planning on attending tomorrow, pm me, and I'll help any way I can - directions, place to crash, etc.