PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Auto Show

Napoleon
03-01-03, 08:57 AM
Anyone here happen to be going to the Cleveland Auto Show? I think its the 5th largest in the nation and is in its 100th year.

http://www.cleveland.com/autoshow/

rabbit
03-01-03, 12:14 PM
I'd love to, but with hoop tournaments going on right now, I'm traveling all over the place covering games.

Sean O'Gorman
03-01-03, 03:15 PM
I was there last night. I assumed you weren't there because I didn't see any crapwagon.com stickers on any of the Toyotas or Hondas. ;)

Napoleon
03-01-03, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by SOG35
I was there last night. I assumed you weren't there because I didn't see any crapwagon.com stickers on any of the Toyotas or Hondas. ;)

I thought last night was invite only?

BTW were there any IRL sleds there that I could, um, decorate?

turn1
03-01-03, 09:25 PM
I have mixed thoughts about the auto show. I used to work the CART display and had a blast, but otherwise I wonder if it is worth the cash.

Sean O'Gorman
03-02-03, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Napoleon
I thought last night was invite only?

BTW were there any IRL sleds there that I could, um, decorate?

Last night was dealer appreciation night. I guess no dealers appreciate you very much. ;)

No IRL cars, 1 ChampCar (Herdez Lola from about 99 or 00 with Dominguez and Moreno name on it) in the Ford section, a bunch of stock cars, and a Star Mazda. And, thanks to my brother and his hoodlum friends, there are probably 5 different display cars missing their license plates. :laugh:

rabbit
03-02-03, 01:40 AM
Oh yeah, nothing funnier than theft.:rolleyes:

Sean O'Gorman
03-03-03, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
Oh yeah, nothing funnier than theft.:rolleyes:

Taking a couple of license plates off of display cars? I mean, its not like I condone what he did or anything, but I don't think its that big of a deal that he took a display license plate off a show car.

Sean O'Gorman
03-03-03, 10:01 PM
Oh yeah, back to the original subject. Apparently Tagliani and Manning are going to be at the Ford booth from 6-8 PM on Wednesday night.

Napoleon
03-03-03, 10:39 PM
Oh yeah, back to the original subject. Apparently Tagliani and Manning are going to be at the Ford booth from 6-8 PM on Wednesday night.

dead serious

source?

i'll be there

oh.......

rabbit
03-03-03, 11:38 PM
Taking a couple of license plates off of display cars? I mean, its not like I condone what he did or anything, but I don't think its that big of a deal that he took a display license plate off a show car. It's the principle of it. Stealing anything just kind of pisses me off.

Sean O'Gorman
03-04-03, 03:05 AM
dead serious

source?

i'll be there

oh.......

http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=5568

This is just the press release for Tagliani.

Lizzerd
03-04-03, 03:26 AM
Taking a couple of license plates off of display cars? I mean, its not like I condone what he did or anything, but I don't think its that big of a deal that he took a display license plate off a show car.

Theft is theft, be it a Twinkie from the 7-11 or a bag of money from a Brinks truck.

Napoleon
03-04-03, 06:52 AM
http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=5568

This is just the press release for Tagliani.

Hum.

I had halfway thought about going on Wensday and bringing some CART stuff and having Kurt Busch sign it since he will be there, and while doing it get in a plug for him running a CART event this year.

Sean O'Gorman
03-04-03, 12:42 PM
Hum.

I had halfway thought about going on Wensday and bringing some CART stuff and having Kurt Busch sign it since he will be there, and while doing it get in a plug for him running a CART event this year.

Kurt Busch is going to be there? I only heard Dave Blaney.

Napoleon
03-04-03, 02:06 PM
The TV ad does not mention Busch but the press release and schedule do.

turn1
03-04-03, 04:07 PM
Busch was added to the radio and print ads this week - I guess they didnt get confirmation of his appearance until too late.

The CART Boys will be at the Race/Volunteers Booth near the food court.

Hey Rabbit, you going to the Media Lunch?

rabbit
03-05-03, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by turn1
Hey Rabbit, you going to the Media Lunch? Negatory. With the high school hoops postseason in full swing, I ain't going anywhere. Just two more weeks of spending every night in another town and another gym, living on hot dogs and popcorn. I love my job!:cool: