PDA

View Full Version : Snow Patrol 4/26

Ankf00
04-26-05, 01:45 AM
a pretty good show, nay, excellent show. surprising how much better the downtown venues are in dallas compared to houston, then again, the whole popped collar striped shirt wrist band wearing frosted hair crowd kinda ruined the mood for a moment, but only a moment. but O.A.R. last week, snow patrol, george clinton, robert randolph, raveonettes, stereophonics, mars volta, wilco, hot hot heat, rev horton heat, trail of dead,better than ezra, BLOC PARTY, spoon...

i'm gonna ****ing love this whole dallas thang.

Ankf00
04-26-05, 01:58 AM
and ya, there will be that whole OGorman factor with the "you don't know where you camed from" thing, cuz i'm not jamming zeppelin, the who, etc all day long like a geezer, but then again he doesnt know where the internal combustion engine COMED from, so mark me down as shaking in my boots :gomer:

raveonettes and the 'phonics coming up, life aint' so shabby :)

Spicoli
04-26-05, 03:51 AM
Good to hear SP was good.

The new Merucry Rev isn't bad.

Still trying to decide if I like the new Moby or not. Its good, but so damn predictable.

The new Ben Folds is ****ing terrible. :blech:

got tickets to New Order in Chicago next tuesday night. :waoot: :saywhat:

Are you going to see Bloc Party? Closest they are coming for me is Philly or Narleens.

__________________________________________________ ____________

and i really dig this:

the whole popped collar striped shirt wrist band wearing frosted hair crowd

:rofl:

chop456
04-26-05, 03:58 AM
Snow Patrol's not bad. I heard them last Spring in the place where I get all my tips on cutting-edge tunes.

American Airlines in-flight entertainment. :gomer:

Ankf00
04-26-05, 06:36 AM
DFW based airline knows where it's at ;)

and 16oz bottles of newcastle pwn too

Opposite Lock
04-26-05, 08:12 AM
got tickets to New Order in Chicago next tuesday night.

Will look for you at the Aragon, if I can recognize you without a traffic cone in your hand. :)

racer2c
04-26-05, 11:54 AM

__________________________________________________ ___________

That sucks. I was a huge fan of his last album.

Ankf00
04-26-05, 07:21 PM
Good to hear SP was good.

The new Merucry Rev isn't bad.

Still trying to decide if I like the new Moby or not. Its good, but so damn predictable.

got tickets to New Order in Chicago next tuesday night. :waoot: :saywhat:

Are you going to see Bloc Party? Closest they are coming for me is Philly or Narleens.

__________________________________________________ ____________

and i really dig this:

I live a couple of miles from SMU, the cheesedick to non-cheesedick ratio is off the charts, I'm assuming SP's on the radio now because only during 2 songs did the SMU fratboy crowd wake up and jump around

the moby i can do without, definitely going to see bloc party, kasabian's up in chicago at end of may you should see that, I think they're going to be doing ACL if they're going to be mysteriously with Oasis for only September....
:thumbup: to the new order
:thumbup: to the new Gorillaz too

Spicoli
04-26-05, 08:26 PM
Will look for you at the Aragon, if I can recognize you without a traffic cone in your hand. :)

according to NewOrderOnLine, the hipsters are meeting pre-show at a place called GreenMill, within walking distance of the Aragon. After show is at Neo (???)

Hooky is DJing the night before, somewhere, with Arthur Baker.

Meet up, I got your first shot (plus the boss is driving ;) )....

eiregosod
04-26-05, 08:54 PM
Holy ****, bloc party. a colleague of mine who knows all the new good bands went to see thm at a dingy venue here, damn

Opposite Lock
05-02-05, 07:56 PM
according to NewOrderOnLine, the hipsters are meeting pre-show at a place called GreenMill, within walking distance of the Aragon. After show is at Neo (???)

Cool. I should be able to get to the Green Mill for an hour of pre-game.

Neo is another relic, an old dance club of too many school nights during the Power Corruption and Lies era. I would like to go, but am too old and lame. :gomer:

Pretty psyched - my last New Order show was in 1985.

KaBoom21
05-03-05, 11:23 AM

His DJ set is at Smart Bar, next door to Metro.

(SPOILER BELOW)

Here is the setlist played by New Order at the Henry J Kaiser Arena in Oakland (4/29).

She's Lost Control
Love Vigilantes
Regret
Hey Now What You Doing
Krafty
Transmission
True Faith
Run Wild
Jetstream
Waiting For The Sirens' Call
Bizarre Love Triangle
Love Will Tear Us Apart
Temptation
Crystal

ENCORE
Blue Monday

Dirty Sanchez
05-03-05, 01:19 PM
I love redirecting the hipsters trolling around my hood looking for the Aragon to different parts of Chicago :laugh:

The Green Mill will be the highlight of your night... that bar rules.