PDA

View Full Version : F1 Overnights - a 1.4

Chitowncartfreak
04-25-05, 10:44 PM
F1: Grand Prix of San Marino 4/24 CBS 1:00-3:00pm 1.4/3

Not exceptional, but not too bad considering it was the first time F1 was on CBS.

Warlock!
04-26-05, 07:03 AM

Not exceptional, but not too bad considering it was the first time F1 was on CBS.Nice. Did anyone flip around to see what was on the other major channels? Couldn't have had a better race to capture some F1 interest in the states...

Jervis Tetch 1
04-26-05, 10:39 AM
And all the crackheads at Crack Forum are up in arms over this. Some of them even claim the I*L would have gotten a 2.0 had they been on instead.

They must be doing enema insertions of Kool-Aid. :gomer:

Wheel-Nut
04-26-05, 11:01 AM
Some of my co-workers, (2) both came to me and asked if I had watched the race, knowing that I am the "in office race person."

I told them yes and asked if they watched. They both said they did and enjoyed it. Both said they had not seen an F1 race for many years, and many things had changed!! I asked if they would watch again and they both said yes, if it was available to them. Neither person has cable.

jonovision_man
04-26-05, 11:52 AM
And all the crackheads at Crack Forum are up in arms over this. Some of them even claim the I*L would have gotten a 2.0 had they been on instead.

Hey, I'm on that thread. :D

Of course I'm pointing out the opposite side... F1 getting a 1.4 is totally embarrasing for American OW.

jono

Hard Driver
04-26-05, 01:29 PM
Of course having a race that good might have helped. :thumbup:

dando
04-26-05, 04:10 PM
Nice. Did anyone flip around to see what was on the other major channels? Couldn't have had a better race to capture some F1 interest in the states...
I believe NBA and AFL ABC and NBC respectively. Fox had Star Wars 4-6 running back-to-back-to-back. The NFL Draft snoozathon was on in PIP for me.

-Kevin

Wheel-Nut
04-26-05, 08:23 PM
I have to ask. Why would anyone watch the NFL draft, even in PIP??

dando
04-26-05, 10:48 PM
I have to ask. Why would anyone watch the NFL draft, even in PIP??
I love my Bengals, dude. It was cold and snowy here in Ohiya...and I'd rather watch a test pattern than the NBA or AFL...or the .1RL for that matter. Plus, as I mentioned in another thread, I was busy chasing around my young one in between racin' and pics.

EDIT: OK, yer from Tejas...you don't unnerstand pro or college foosball. I get it. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

Wheel-Nut
04-27-05, 02:07 PM
I love my Bengals, dude. . . . .
:rofl: :rofl: Do any of the next 4 or 5 seasons look promising??

EDIT: OK, yer from Tejas...you don't unnerstand pro or college foosball. I get it. -Kevin
We understand more than you think about football, baseball, basketball, racing . . .

If you want I can snap a few photos of some trees with GREEN LEAVES on them and send them to you!!! :p

pchall
05-02-05, 10:08 PM

Not exceptional, but not too bad considering it was the first time F1 was on CBS.

CBS showed F1 when the real Villeneuve was racing.