PDA

View Full Version : ChampCars are unforgettable

lateralus42
03-01-03, 12:09 AM
Some might put down the fact that Ford isnt pouring in dollars in sponsorship, but they are doing a good job of creating positive press with the NASCAR crowd. Cool article, too bad they associate the Indy 500 with CART though (IRL fans aint gonna like it LOL). The last paragraph is awesome. :thumbup:

Busch wants to test drive a ChampCar again (http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/births/2003/feb/28/514728711.html)

RaceGrrl
03-01-03, 12:33 AM
Nice story, good to hear that Busch enjoyed himself and would like to drive a ChampCar again. It is funny about the Indy 500. It just confirms what most of us knew already, that to the average American race fan, Indy is no longer the most important race in May, the Coca Cola 500 is.

RTKar
03-01-03, 10:09 AM
Nice article, especially reading the part where he'd like to do it again. I think it's great when the eyes of a NASCAR regular are opened to CART. Hopefully Kurt will spread the word amongst other Cup drivers and fans, maybe others will want to test and even talk about it on one of the many NASCAR talk shows. Maybe some of the more open minded Cup fans will give our series a chance.

mnkywrch
03-01-03, 02:53 PM
If CART could get a guy like Kurt Busch or Matt Kenseth or any of those guys to run just one CART race, it would be a huge PR boost for CART.

Are there even any holes in the NASCAR schedule this season that would allow something like that to happen?

If not a free weekend, perhaps a Saturday night Cup race with a ChampCar race Sunday?

Napoleon
03-01-03, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
Are there even any holes in the NASCAR schedule this season that would allow something like that to happen?

I checked the schedule when Kurt ran the car and the only clear date was C^RT's Germany date. :rolleyes:

Of course there is Milwaukee and Cleveland which will be at night, so potentially some sort of double weekend could be done.

Lizzerd
03-01-03, 07:11 PM
Hey, why couldn't CART race at Bristol on Sunday? Would that be a hoot, or what?
:)

mnkywrch
03-01-03, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
Hey, why couldn't CART race at Bristol on Sunday? Would that be a hoot, or what?
:)

Sure, it'd be a hoot for Lola... heck, that'd be their Christmas bonus...

racer2c
03-01-03, 11:07 PM
While it is obvious that it would make for quite a stir in the auto racing realm, it doesn't really put much faith in Champ Car, now does it?

I'd rather have an ex F1 hotshoe.

Railbird
03-01-03, 11:13 PM
I'll take a future F1 star over a former anyday. I know they don't attract the media attention that a pensioneer does, but I'm more concernd with my interest than the freakin "casual fan"...

Nascar?

turn1
03-01-03, 11:32 PM
I have already said enough about the Indy 500 - it is one of the only races that your average sports fan really knows, beyond maybe Daytona and Monte Carlo (which I drove this year...). Anyhow, I think it would be great if we could get a "Cup" regular to join CART for a race, espescially one with open wheel experience. There is already great respect between the two "leagues" and I think it would be great PR. Now, as for a race - maybe Cleveland?