PDA

View Full Version : Home Theater Project: Completed

racer2c
04-25-05, 06:03 PM
No, not mine. I prefer a little less Roman influence. :)

Link (http://theater.stevejenkins.com/gallery/complete/)

coolhand
04-25-05, 06:44 PM
sorry but I thing the roman stuff is over the top ugly. :shakehead

devilmaster
04-25-05, 06:57 PM
see, now why couldn't FTG spend his time and money on something like this?!?

That is way cool, although I agree a little over the top.....

Sean O'Gorman
04-25-05, 07:10 PM
Still less corny than using Bose in your setup. :shakehead

Don Quixote
04-25-05, 07:17 PM
If I was spending that kind of cash, my bar would be more impressive than this:

http://theater.stevejenkins.com/gallery/complete/p6_17.jpg
:laugh:

RacinM3
04-25-05, 08:36 PM
I can see why some would dismiss the Roman theme. It does seem over the top.

I worked on the Egyptian Theater restoration project in Hollywood a few years ago. The level of detail (and gaudiness) of that place really was what gave it it's character.

So my opinion on this is it looks like they were trying to evoke that old-school theater experience. It looks like they did a pretty good job, when you look at it from that perspective.

Of course, if there's a life-size Caesar sculpture in the entryway by the front door of the house, I retract the above statement.

G.
04-26-05, 12:49 PM
Thou$ands and thou$ands spent on his theater, and he gets his shelves from IKEA???

KLang
04-26-05, 01:14 PM
Thou$ands and thou$ands spent on his theater, and he gets his shelves from IKEA???

:laugh: I wondered about that too.

I'll be doing a theater in our next house in the next year or so. It won't look anything like this one. My wife would have me committed first.

coolhand
04-26-05, 01:41 PM

wexactly, he spent alll his money on aethetic things. I would rather invest in better quality hardware

oddlycalm
04-26-05, 02:04 PM
Thou$ands and thou$ands spent on his theater, and he gets his shelves from IKEA??? Yeah, this guy has some weird priorities. He's dumped a fortune into the foo foo decor and cheaped out on the equipment that makes a difference in the actual experience. Everybody has different priorties, and mine are the audio and the video quality. While the over-the-top Roman theme may be fun for a while, my preference is for a tastefully understated room that uses bookshelves, window coverings and area rugs to control the acoustics.

The other consideration is that unless he plans to be in that house for the duration, the day will come to sell the house and the Roman theme theater room is not going to be to everyone's taste. Again, I'd rather put the money into the equipment I'm going to take with me when I leave. The in-wall speakers are not only going to sound two dimensional when playing 2ch audio, but when he leaves they are part of the house and will stay.

Regardless, it's a fun project to see, and he did a great job on the decor and detail work. I imagine he's happy, and that's the #1 criteria.

oc

RichK
04-26-05, 02:12 PM
The only things missing are the slot machines and hookers, and a lighted sign reading "Biff's".