PDA

View Full Version : Wheeee, it's snowing...

anait
04-25-05, 09:59 AM
:saywhat:

Even for here, April 25th??!!

rosawendel
04-25-05, 10:18 AM
8"+ on the east side of cleve, drifting to much more.
knocked a tree down in my back yard (as well as a number of smaller shrubberies) and ripped the telephone and cable off the back of my house AGAIN!

grrr. :flame:

Turn7
04-25-05, 10:22 AM
That would suck to live up there.

I got a sunburn this weekend. :p

devilmaster
04-25-05, 10:23 AM
:saywhat:

Even for here, April 25th??!!

Listen......

you live in Winterpeg! :p

anait
04-25-05, 10:34 AM
Listen......

you live in Winterpeg! :p

But...but...but...anait stammers with indignation... :cry: April, man!!!! APRIL!!!!

rw, that's nasty...hope that weather ends for you soon!!

Jervis Tetch 1
04-25-05, 10:42 AM
Thank God for sunny, Southern California :cool:

nrc
04-25-05, 11:00 AM
Snow on and and off with rain but no accumulation here. Funny thing is that it was 80 degrees two weeks ago.

Napoleon
04-25-05, 11:09 AM
knocked a tree down in my back yard (as well as a number of smaller shrubberies) and ripped the telephone and cable off the back of my house AGAIN!

I have about 8 inchs of snow. Less then 10 miles north near the lake is nothing.

Here at work we have about a foot.

devilmaster
04-25-05, 03:26 PM
But...but...but...anait stammers with indignation... :cry: April, man!!!! APRIL!!!!

Hell, when I lived in Halifax, it was not uncommon to get this kind of spring snowstorm in May....

indyfan31
04-25-05, 06:59 PM
Thank God for sunny, Southern California :cool:
I'll second that. Went trail-running yesterday, perfect weather, sunny and cool.

Sean O'Gorman
04-25-05, 07:12 PM

Yeah, yesterday sucked. Power went out at 8:30 at our house and I heard it just came back on about an hour ago (I'm at work). Trees down, couldn't get my car out of the garage at 7:30 AM, but at 1:30 I was driving with my t-tops off wearing a short sleeve shirt. Gotta love it. :mad:

dando
04-25-05, 10:33 PM
Snow on and and off with rain but no accumulation here. Funny thing is that it was 80 degrees two weeks ago.
Two weeks?!? Boss, try last week it was 80...Mon, Tues, and Wed. I had the bike out them days (and no, not the kind that Ankf00boy falls off :gomer: ). :cry: Ain't gonna see 80 this week or next. :(

-Kevin

dando
04-25-05, 10:35 PM

Stat I saw on the Cbus local news tonight: Cleve has had 307" of snow over the past three winters. :eek:

-Kevin

dando
04-25-05, 10:36 PM
That would suck to live up there.

I got a sunburn this weekend. :p
Enjoy the humidity in a few weeks, h8r. :gomer:

Kevin

Napoleon
04-26-05, 12:33 PM
Stat I saw on the Cbus local news tonight: Cleve has had 307" of snow over the past three winters. :eek:

-Kevin

And some people believe that climate change is not taking place. The 3 snowest winters we have ever had have been in I think the last 4 or 5 years.

Napoleon
04-28-05, 09:37 AM
Well it snowing again here - I have had enough of it.

anait
04-28-05, 10:28 AM
Well, if we all end up having snow 10 months of the year (no, Steve, I do not get that already. :p ), maybe we'll all end up avid snow machine users, too, like 'lock...we could be the OffCamberArcticCats, zipping across the continent!! :D

(apologies if Arctic Cats aren't the machine of choice, I haven't a clue...)

skaven
04-28-05, 10:51 AM
(apologies if Arctic Cats aren't the machine of choice, I haven't a clue...)

Well it is snowing in Colorado this morning.... and as long as we don't use Bombardiers, we'll be ok.

Sean O'Gorman
04-28-05, 11:29 AM
Well it snowing again here - I have had enough of it.

It is?

Napoleon
04-28-05, 12:01 PM
It is?

It was here on the east side. A friend downtown said that it was not snowing there or farther out east.

Racing Truth
04-28-05, 12:26 PM
It was here on the east side. A friend downtown said that it was not snowing there or farther out east.

Where are you again Nappy? No snow in Willoughby, just more rain and wind this AM.

Napoleon
04-28-05, 12:30 PM
Where are you again Nappy? No snow in Willoughby, just more rain and wind this AM.

Beachwood. It snowed for almost 1/2 hour.

Racing Truth
04-28-05, 12:43 PM
Beachwood. It snowed for almost 1/2 hour.

Wow. :saywhat: April freaking 28th.

Napoleon
04-28-05, 01:48 PM

Do you live and work in Willougby? I knew you lived in Willoughby. The other day when I got about 10 inchs my brother in Eastlake got none, and he lives only 10 miles north of where I live (Mayfield Village).

Racing Truth
04-28-05, 02:05 PM
Do you live and work in Willougby? I knew you lived in Willoughby. The other day when I got about 10 inchs my brother in Eastlake got none, and he lives only 10 miles north of where I live (Mayfield Village).

Pretty much. I know what you're sayin' though. It seems that people out here got lucky. Worst was downtown and a tad south. We only had a coating, at most out here. Geauga County? Suckers. :p

skaven
04-29-05, 09:09 AM
Well it is snowing in Colorado this morning....

24 hours later, and it is still snowing ! ! !

(I love quoting myself. :gomer: )

Don Quixote
04-29-05, 09:40 AM
24 hours later, and it is still snowing ! ! !

(I love quoting myself. :gomer: )

Yesiree, snowing hard down here in Denver too. It's April freaking 29th!

skaven
04-29-05, 04:01 PM
Alrighty then. That settles it. The doctor said I don't have a hernia (just that I'm a *****) and the east wall is open at A-Basin.

Board is waxed and the east wall is open. :cool:

Ankf00
04-29-05, 07:05 PM
hrmmmm, think i'll go cycling right now and then hit up happy hour on the lake in my flip flops and shorts :cool:

skaven
04-30-05, 06:53 PM
This is starting to sound familiar... still snowing in Colorado. :gomer:

Skaven Ski Report - A-Basin had 5" yesterday, 13" in the last 3 days and it was snowing all day today. Way too crowded as almost all the other resorts are closed. The parking lots were full, so people parked on US6 up above the Basin. A lot of them parked in avalanche areas, so the tow trucks made a fortune. They still have a 64" base, so they'll be open all May. Get out the grill and flip flops :cool:

EDwardo
04-30-05, 07:07 PM
I slid down from the top of A-basin once on my ass. I was a relative novice skier and had through sheer stupidity reached the top of the mountain. As I looked down the mountain I saw only ice and rocks. I was thinking, "where's the snow"? I can't ski on ice! And all those rocks! My first thought was that eventually someone would rescue me. But it was really really cold. So, I sat down, skiis downhill, and skidded and lurched my way down. I really thought I was going to die. I spent the rest of my trip at Copper Mountain.

Napoleon
05-02-05, 01:23 PM
Snowing again, for the last 20 minutes. This is the latest snow I recall ever getting.

Sean O'Gorman
05-02-05, 01:27 PM
I think you are on an acid trip. Every time you say its snowing, its like sunny and 40ish on the other side of town. :gomer: :gomer:

Spicoli
05-02-05, 01:39 PM
This is starting to sound familiar... still snowing in Colorado. :gomer:

Skaven Ski Report - A-Basin had 5" yesterday, 13" in the last 3 days and it was snowing all day today. Way too crowded as almost all the other resorts are closed. The parking lots were full, so people parked on US6 up above the Basin. A lot of them parked in avalanche areas, so the tow trucks made a fortune. They still have a 64" base, so they'll be open all May. Get out the grill and flip flops :cool:

I've skied ABasin 5 times on my birthday, which is May 26th.

Most of those 5 years were boycotting Indy, which USED TO BE MY FAVORITE DAY, until King ****stick Tony ruined it AGAIN in 02, when he shammed PT out of a win - ON MY BIRTHDAY, and I will never forget that asshat for ripping me off. FTG is a major dickhead.

I hope FTG chokes on his own vomit. alot.

Napoleon
05-02-05, 01:41 PM
I think you are on an acid trip. Every time you say its snowing, its like sunny and 40ish on the other side of town. :gomer: :gomer:

You know better then that - I am on the east side with the "lake effect" snow and you are on the west side where such conditions rarely exist. People from other parts of the country likely would have a hard time believing that Lake Erie could cause such radically differant weather conditions for locations a dozen miles apart (and I work near one of the highest spots in the county which makes it more likely to have a cloud parked overhead dumping snow)

http://www.islandnet.com/~see/weather/elements/lkefsnw1.htm

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/tg/wlakeeff/wlakeeff.htm

Don Quixote
05-02-05, 02:10 PM
Nappy, are you sure that the lake effect snow isn't ash coming out of some smokestack? :p We had snow all weekend, and more reported on the way today and tomorrow.

Napoleon
05-02-05, 03:44 PM
Nappy, are you sure that the lake effect snow isn't ash coming out of some smokestack?

Ya never know!

Lizzerd
05-02-05, 07:33 PM
Slowly... back... away... from the crack pipe, Nappy. :)

Ankf00
05-02-05, 08:04 PM
it's getting cold here today :mad: keep your dirty coldness to yourselves, canadia!! :mad:

skaven
06-13-05, 09:57 AM
Still snowing here. About 3" on Vail and Loveland Passes last night. A bunch of cars in ditches and crunched against the barrier The semis stayed on the road, but mostl got stuck at odd angles in the snow. 3-lanes wide plus the right shoulder, but it basically turned into a single-file line of cars winding its way through the carnage.

We plan to hike Mt. of the Holy Cross next weekend. If I wanted to, I could talk about snow year round on this thread... but I'll try to let it die. :gomer:

Spicoli
06-13-05, 12:10 PM
Still snowing here. About 3" on Vail and Loveland Passes last night. A bunch of cars in ditches and crunched against the barrier The semis stayed on the road, but mostl got stuck at odd angles in the snow. 3-lanes wide plus the right shoulder, but it basically turned into a single-file line of cars winding its way through the carnage.

We plan to hike Mt. of the Holy Cross next weekend. If I wanted to, I could talk about snow year round on this thread... but I'll try to let it die. :gomer:

Hey - related question : What's the status of Berthoud for skiing next year?

skaven
06-13-05, 12:35 PM
It's been closed for some time now. The base area and lifts are being demolished this summer (last summer?). They used to have snowcat service as recently as a couple or three years ago, but I think that has ended as well.

Powder Guides Close Down (http://www.skipressworld.com/us/en/daily_news/2003/09/berthoud_powder_guides_close_down.html?cat=Resorts )

Now it is the haunt of backcountry skiers and boarders who "earn their turns" by hiking up and riding down. I wouldn't suggest that unless you have avalanche beacons, etc. (which you can rent pretty cheaply) and know how to use them.

I think the resort was a victim of bad luck and untimely deaths.

Spicoli
06-13-05, 02:28 PM
It's been closed for some time now. The base area and lifts are being demolished this summer (last summer?). They used to have snowcat service as recently as a couple or three years ago, but I think that has ended as well.

Powder Guides Close Down (http://www.skipressworld.com/us/en/daily_news/2003/09/berthoud_powder_guides_close_down.html?cat=Resorts )

Now it is the haunt of backcountry skiers and boarders who "earn their turns" by hiking up and riding down. I wouldn't suggest that unless you have avalanche beacons, etc. (which you can rent pretty cheaply) and know how to use them.

I think the resort was a victim of bad luck and untimely deaths.

I put many days in at Berthoud. Excellent backcountry. I heard some young lady who won the lottery or something was looking to buy it. Heard the lifts were decontructed and sold to other resorts.

I love to backcountry, but I'm getting old, and lazy. ;)

Spicoli
06-13-05, 02:30 PM
http://www.alta.com/Images/Collins_top.jpg

skaven
06-13-05, 03:26 PM
I put many days in at Berthoud. Excellent backcountry. I heard some young lady who won the lottery or something was looking to buy it. Heard the lifts were decontructed and sold to other resorts.

I love to backcountry, but I'm getting old, and lazy. ;)

:thumbup: By the time I moved here, the resort was closed and I sucked too much to pay $180 for a day of snowcat riding.

Backcountry is the goal (in a few years when I'm not 20 minutes from Beaver Creek), I'm getting too old and lazy to mess with lift lines and crowds. ;)

skaven
06-13-05, 03:29 PM
http://www.alta.com/Images/Collins_top.jpg

Is that Alta you elitistwinedrinkinggeezer'oli? :saywhat:

I refuse to snowboard at places that don't allow snowboarders. :flame:

Spicoli
06-13-05, 03:35 PM
Is that Alta you elitistwinedrinkinggeezer'oli?
I refuse to snowboard at places that don't allow snowboarders.

Hey, you knuckledraggers stay on the corduroy and its all good. You mess with the pow, you get the meathook.

About 1 in 47 snowboarders knows what he/she/it is doing. Tired of all the boogers tearing up the hills by dragging ass down the hill, scrape scrape scrape.

http://home.wideopenwest.com/~ptoebbe/phil.jpg

:philcollinsrocxks:

NOT! :gomer:

skaven
06-13-05, 03:47 PM
Yep. We yell at lame-o boarders scraping all the snow off the slope. :mad:

TURN YOU IDIOTS ! ! ! :flame:

My buddy is "that guy" on the lift.

We spend all day playing in the trees looking for the pow and snarfing the gnar gnar. I'll leave the corduroy to the skiers in the one-piece suits.

1/47 is a bit harsh, but most beginners are snowboarders and most beginners (skiers or riders) suck and scrape off the snow. I won't try to defend them as I hate them too..

The meathook. :rofl:

Spicoli
06-13-05, 04:14 PM
Yep. We yell at lame-o boarders scraping all the snow off the slope. :mad:

TURN YOU IDIOTS ! ! ! :flame:

My buddy is "that guy" on the lift.

We spend all day playing in the trees looking for the pow and snarfing the gnar gnar. I'll leave the corduroy to the skiers in the one-piece suits.

1/47 is a bit harsh, but most beginners are snowboarders and most beginners (skiers or riders) suck and scrape off the snow. I won't try to defend them as I hate them too..

The meathook. :rofl:

I am a hater on the snow as well. specially if I been a-drinkin. :D

skaven
06-13-05, 06:24 PM
I am a hater on the snow as well. specially if I been a-drinkin. :D

Practice makes perfect... on both counts. :cool:

skaven
10-06-05, 03:32 PM
Reading through this thread (which was hijacked from Ohio and Canadia :gomer: ), I realize that, ahhh.... I miss Geezer-Oli... :(

The good news is we've had two snow dustings on the high peaks in the past two weeks. I drove by Loveland Ski area and they had the snow machines going. Not sure if they were testing them out, or seriously trying to lay down a base. Their website has listed a 1" base. Woo hoo ! ! ! !

dando
10-10-05, 03:56 PM
How's that snow out there, skaven? 1' to 20" near Denver from what I'm hearing....get ready for the 80s by the weekend, tho. Gotta love fall. :)

-Kevin

skaven
10-10-05, 07:45 PM
I had to drive down from Eagle to the Front Range this morning. Very slow over Vail Pass and Loveland Pass/ Eisenhower Tunnel. I think it will take a little while for folks to get used to driving in the snow again.

Easy 10+" accumulation most of the way and it is still raining/ sleeting/ snowing in Denver and I-70 is closed towards the Kansas border. Might stay down in Denver tonight, or might drive back up...

Stupid work. :(