PDA

View Full Version : Cosworth loses Red Bull engine business to Ferrari

oddlycalm
04-23-05, 05:27 PM
Not much else to say. Redbull announced they would contracted with Ferrari to supply engines for 2006 & 2007.

oc

TedN
04-23-05, 06:43 PM
Interesting to note that KK was in Imola this weekend.

Source (http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns14674.html)

Ted

Anteater
04-23-05, 09:31 PM
"Billionaire engine company Kevin Kalkhoven was rather less chirpy on Saturday afternoon when he flew in to Imola from America to have talks with Herr Mateschitz about Red Bull Racing using Kalkhoven's Cosworth Racing V8s in 2006 and discovered that the Red Bull magnate had failed to mention that he would not be needing Cosworth's help next year."

Pretty shoddy way to treat Kalkhoven. :flame:

Sean O'Gorman
04-23-05, 09:37 PM
Mateschitz been taking lessons from Gentilozzi?

oddlycalm
04-24-05, 05:12 AM
Recalling the McLaren Puegot and Williams Supertech years, I'd be slow to piss all over Cosworth if it was me. Buring bridges, or simply treating suppliers capriciously, can be an expensive habit.

oc

Railbird
04-24-05, 06:16 AM
Considering the "success" of the Ferrari/Sauber relationship 'ol Dietrich might have just sold out his political position for a batch of "b" engines.

Cheaper maybe, but when was the last time the Scuderia topped the speed trap charts?

pchall
04-24-05, 10:33 AM
Considering the "success" of the Ferrari/Sauber relationship 'ol Dietrich might have just sold out his political position for a batch of "b" engines.

Cheaper maybe, but when was the last time the Scuderia topped the speed trap charts?

All Italian HP is measured in ponies. And the Ferrari "B" engine is measured in hobbled ponies. I'd almost be cynical enough to say that Sauber is being paid by Ferrari to use their offal for political reasons.

coolhand
04-24-05, 06:17 PM
Bernie will not be pleased if a mafc. is treated this way and possbily leaves F1 all together.

he might of lost one more possible engine supplier. :shakehead