PDA

View Full Version : There is a crime spree going on . . .

Napoleon
04-23-05, 09:22 AM
. . . but the Feds are right on top of it.

http://www.cops.usdoj.gov/mime/open.pdf?Item=1460

Ankf00
04-23-05, 12:46 PM
good to see the feds are right on top of what's important :rolleyes:

nrc
04-23-05, 12:53 PM
Actually if you look at the document it's pretty reasonable. Part of the process is to determine whether there's a real problem. The odd snog in the back of the Torino is one thing, but swarms of people hanging out in parks and rest stops soliciting isn't something most people want their kids exposed to.

Ankf00
04-23-05, 01:03 PM
I've never seen swarms of people soliciting in a respectable park, now Harry Hines Boulevard in Dallas is one thing... your normal neighborhood park is another

"lover's lanes, nude sunbathing, same-sex"...

yes, you don't want your kids exposed to hookers and people exposed in public but the scope of this investigation is a bit ridiculous

this report is saving the engagers from "violence" and "unwanted exposure" apparently...

nrc
04-23-05, 01:29 PM
I've never seen swarms of people soliciting in a respectable park, now Harry Hines Boulevard in Dallas is one thing... your normal neighborhood park is anotherWho decides what should be a respectable park and what shouldn't? Maybe they can save money on swing sets and jungle gyms if they designate the non-respectable ones up front.

yes, you don't want your kids exposed to hookers and people exposed in public but the scope of this investigation is a bit ridiculousWhat investigation? This is a white paper suggesting how local police can handle problems in their own community. It's a lot more even-handed and reasonable than the way many localities deal with the problem.

Ankf00
04-23-05, 02:01 PM
but swarms of people hanging out in parks and rest stops soliciting isn't something most people want their kids exposed to.

the solution being undercover arrests for soliciting, however if the police aren't doing anything about it, as a responsible parent you wouldn't be taking your kid to a place like that

how bout they spend that $ on research to inform local law enforcement agencies on meth use and meth production? that seems to be a bit more pressing, there are local agencies who will STILL immediately take people to jail before putting them through detox thereby exposing the jail cells to lethal toxins they're covered in...

Sean O'Gorman
04-23-05, 02:17 PM
good to see the feds are right on top of what's important :rolleyes:

I know, they should be focusing on the real problems, like deporting you. ;)

cart7
04-24-05, 11:09 AM
I've never seen swarms of people soliciting in a respectable park, now Harry Hines Boulevard in Dallas is one thing... your normal neighborhood park is another

"lover's lanes, nude sunbathing, same-sex"...

yes, you don't want your kids exposed to hookers and people exposed in public but the scope of this investigation is a bit ridiculous

this report is saving the engagers from "violence" and "unwanted exposure" apparently...

I'd say the overwhelming majority of parks were built with public money for public use not as gathering points for sexual meetings between the same or opposite sex citizens nor were they built for use sex dens.

JMO of course. ;)