PDA

View Full Version : Red 5 on WT May 1.

racer2c
04-22-05, 11:39 AM
What's the official line on ol' Nige? I'd hate to be on the outside looking in of another hater club. :gomer:

Railbird
04-22-05, 08:31 PM
Over-rated drama queen.

http://www.sensupportservice.com/images/NigelMansellDay037.jpg

Seperated at birth?

Sean O'Gorman
04-22-05, 08:51 PM
What's the official line on ol' Nige? :gomer:

The opposite of whatever you think of him. ;)

racer2c
04-22-05, 09:37 PM
The opposite of whatever you think of him. ;)

I have a love/hate relationship. :gomer:

Jervis Tetch 1
04-22-05, 10:35 PM
He looks positively naked without that 'stache of his. :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
04-22-05, 10:49 PM
I was gonna quit wasting my time with this bullsheet except for reading Spicoli's Post's cause' he knows what's goin' on....however, I saw Ol' Nige at RA and his balls and car control were wayyyy above everyone elses. Been watching this stuff for decades and he was breathtaking. His flat entrance to hurry downs was unbelievable. That said, he was a flaming ******* to work with. That is confimed by a photographer friend who followed CART in those days. Also confirmed by a writer. Anyone who loves racing should give Nige a :thumbup:

JohnHKart
04-23-05, 06:24 AM
I was gonna quit wasting my time with this bullsheet except for reading Spicoli's Post's cause' he knows what's goin' on....however, I saw Ol' Nige at RA and his balls and car control were wayyyy above everyone elses. Been watching this stuff for decades and he was breathtaking. His flat entrance to hurry downs was unbelievable. That said, he was a flaming ******* to work with. That is confimed by a photographer friend who followed CART in those days. Also confirmed by a writer. Anyone who loves racing should give Nige a :thumbup:

Had a cruise director (who stole a great Tori Welles tape from me) from Isle of Man....Said in person Mansell was a "boring f**in bastard". I also have a love hate relationship with the man. Am thrilled to own a Silverstone British 92 GP hat signed by Nige, thrilled to have met him (when he signed that) and also have his book which I got on a special offer signed. I'm still a fan but the constant whinging drama and stuff like 1994 at Newman Haas and 95 at McLaren were disappointing. The fact that the great writer Nigel Roebuck hates Mansell because of his silliness is also a bummer, but Mansell brought it on himself. Ok negatives aside, he was a brilliant race car driver.

John

oddlycalm
04-23-05, 04:00 PM
How many great drivers, great musicians or great anything else also have great personalities and successful personal lives? Mansell did what he did on the track, and the rest is just, well, the rest. He went wheel to wheel with some of the best the sport has ever known.

oc