PDA

View Full Version : "Hey boys, dees is the Pope."

rabbit
04-19-05, 01:07 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7523254/

Racing Truth
04-19-05, 01:11 PM
I will say he has a great mind, but REALLLLL inspired choice there fellas. :rolleyes: A 78 yr.-old confidant of John Paul II. Just ignore South America and Africa. :rolleyes: I don't think this is best for the Church, but we shall see.

CART T. Katz
04-19-05, 01:45 PM
i also see on other message boards that this guy was a member of the HJ growing up.

let's see- he was a member of a political party that took part in the most heinous genocide of a group of people (ALLEGEDLY) and he was a right hand confidant of the previous pope.

real smart choice there. this pope may continue the ignorance of the parts of the world that really have shown a decline of membership. gotta love progress. :shakehead

Napoleon
04-19-05, 02:17 PM
I will say he has a great mind, but REALLLLL inspired choice there fellas. :rolleyes: A 78 yr.-old confidant of John Paul II. Just ignore South America and Africa. :rolleyes: I don't think this is best for the Church, but we shall see.

At 78 he is a care taker. He will be followed buy a non-european, but IMO they did not want to take one of the younger preferable non-europeans now since they could end up being pope for 25 years or more like JP II

i also see on other message boards that this guy was a member of the HJ growing up.

(I assume that is a reference to H**** Youth) He renounced that years and years and years ago and actually as a young priest was known as a liberal.

(As an aside nearly half the people I work with are Jewish and needless to say some of them commented on that fact).

Spicoli
04-19-05, 02:19 PM
i thought the germans were on p[robation. :saywhat:

Turn7
04-19-05, 03:37 PM
He will have compassion for those that have been wronged because he's Benedict himself.

Jervis Tetch 1
04-19-05, 04:34 PM
Many blessings to the new Holy Father.

Ankf00
04-19-05, 07:51 PM
when someone said at work that they elected a new pope, the scene from Euro Trip with the stereotypical Italian nut popped into my head :D

Railbird
04-19-05, 08:00 PM
At 78 he is a care taker.

Yep, just keeping the seat warm and creating a buffer between an icon and the next generation.

fourrunner
04-19-05, 08:07 PM
I hope they have a "Nickname" soon ... Benedict XVI is a mouthfull

I believe I read where he was forced to become a member of Hi_ler Youth
at 14 ... I could imagine there was a "bit" of pressure in that regard, and at 14 In Germany your pretty much being beaten over the head with propoganda, and threats of Patriotism to the Fatherland ( hmmmm) Germany being such a "Happy place" at the time !

He later became a soldier, but eventually deserted !

needless to say at 78 we'll be seeing this Election thingy happening again in the near future ( In Pope years ) If he lasts 26 years like JP 2 ... Benny will be 104 !

I'm sure the current Fans of the IRL will want to be forgiven their past indisgressions when they reach 78 ;)

Railbird
04-19-05, 08:12 PM
This thread may quickly prove the wisdom of not allowing religion or politics on OC.

Nic name?

Benny the dic

Sean O'Gorman
04-19-05, 08:21 PM
I hope they have a "Nickname" soon ... Benedict XVI is a mouthfull

Yeah, now I have to understand Roman numerals for Super Bowls AND Popes! ;)

Railbird
04-19-05, 08:31 PM
Yeah but the quarterback rating system is easier to understand than that whole college of Cardinal thing.

Was John David Crow in on this vote?

JoeBob
04-19-05, 10:22 PM
I kinda wished they'd gotten rid of the smoke stuff, and brought in Jeff Probst instead. He'd handle the vote with style.

Sean O'Gorman
04-19-05, 10:27 PM
So since hes an older guy who is just filling the position while the church rebuilds and eventually puts a younger guy in charge, can we just refer to him as Pope Trent Dilfer?

Paintergeek
04-19-05, 10:38 PM
So since hes an older guy who is just filling the position while the church rebuilds and eventually puts a younger guy in charge, can we just refer to him as Pope Trent Dilfer?

Now this guy is thinking.

So does this mean the current pope will kick total ass, be the hero of the vatican, and then get booted after half a year anyway?

Sean O'Gorman
04-19-05, 10:42 PM
Probably. The experts may disagree, but Eli Paul II is definitely not ready for the Pope spot.

Robstar
04-19-05, 10:52 PM
(I assume that is a reference to H**** Youth) He renounced that years and years and years ago and actually as a young priest was known as a liberal.

Apparently being a member was mandatory as a kid...

Classic Apex
04-19-05, 10:57 PM
i thought the germans were on p[robation. :saywhat:

Wow.

:rofl:

Michaelhatesfans
04-20-05, 02:38 AM
My guy got shafted. :thumdown:

http://www.spradley.org/alfa-romeo/guido_sarducci.jpeg

chop456
04-20-05, 08:35 AM
Well, there goes $5. :D

http://home.wi.rr.com/chop456/The%20Holy%20Bracket.jpg

The Doctor
04-20-05, 09:01 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

[duke fanboy]Can't believe they gave Duke a 4 seed![/duke fanboy]

CART T. Katz
04-20-05, 10:20 AM
[lamer cameron crazy]
girly wilfred
clap
clap
clapclapclap
girly wilfred
clap
clap
clapclapclap
[/lamer cameron crazy]

i'm surprized mike krezewsky isn't on this list.

Racing Truth
04-20-05, 12:30 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :rofl:

Awesome.

Al Czervik
04-20-05, 02:17 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

[duke fanboy]Can't believe they gave Duke a 4 seed![/duke fanboy]

<fark mode on> Duke still sucks <fark mode off>