PDA

View Full Version : the brit rock

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Ankf00
04-19-05, 12:21 AM
all hail the new british invasion. I for one welcome our new alien overlords

BRITISH SEA POWER (you can't get a much cooler name than that, honestly)
graham coxon
maximo park
south
bloc party
doves
yeah yeah yeahs
the futureheads
snow patrol
louis xiv
kaiser chiefs
gomez
kasabian
the beta band

any y'all bitchin bout no good music these days just don't know where it's at (a certain marketing major from Ohio especially :gomer: )

nrc
04-19-05, 12:52 AM
Bah. What do you know about music? You never saw Toni Price in all your time in Texas. LP played three nights during SXSW. Did you see them? USDA Grade A blues and rock right under your nose and you wanna talk about a buncha british mamma's boys.

Ankf00
04-19-05, 12:54 AM
the only thing cooler than British Sea Power's "Open Season" is Harold & Kumar getting carjacked by Doogie Howser. :gomer:

eiregosod
04-19-05, 12:56 AM
is this schedule du jour on 96x FM? ;)

Ankf00
04-19-05, 12:59 AM
no, that would be chevelle, alter bridge, weezer, my chemical crappants, and whomever else is on the vans warped tour :gomer:

although between the new 'phonics album and doves topping .uk charts, i'm sure there's plenty of .eu air play, just not on this side of the ocean. :(

chop456
04-19-05, 01:45 AM
Does San Diego count as Great Britain? (Louis XIV) :gomer:

nz_climber
04-19-05, 01:45 AM
Never heard of most of those bands, except Gomez - which I have most of their albums and have indeed seen them play live!! they are awesome to watch and a very talented band :thumbup: :)

Ankf00
04-19-05, 06:40 AM
bah, they sound it :p

Spicoli
04-19-05, 08:34 AM
the cribs.

way fuggin cool.

Spicoli
04-19-05, 08:48 AM
listen in somtime:

www.woxy.com

www.subpop.com (radio button on your left)

you're welcome :gomer:

racer2c
04-19-05, 09:28 AM
I recently heard some kasabian and some yeah yeah yeahs and thought it was really good.

KLang
04-19-05, 09:39 AM
Whenever there is a music thread here, I've never heard of any of the artists.

I must be an old fart :cry:

Easy
04-19-05, 10:18 AM
Does San Diego count as Great Britain? (Louis XIV) :gomer:

or NYC? (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)

Spicoli
04-19-05, 10:18 AM

Alot of the new stuff has really turned the corner as far as "getting back to rock" goes. No more BS Boy Bands, Divas, Dance Troops, and Rap crap. Alot of innovation and refreshing saounds coming out these days.

trune into the above websites for aome free taste of the new stuff.

extramundane
04-19-05, 12:41 PM
all hail the new british invasion. I for one welcome our new alien overlords

BRITISH SEA POWER (you can't get a much cooler name than that, honestly)

Their first record is the shi'ite. Not so much on the new one, though.

Just for goofs, I'd throw Secret Machines in there too. They're not British, but they oughta be.

Dirty Sanchez
04-19-05, 02:44 PM
brit rock is gay

do you tards listen to anything with balls? :gomer:

extramundane
04-19-05, 03:51 PM
brit rock is gay

do you tards listen to anything with balls? :gomer:

Balls. (http://www.rpgva.com)

Wheel-Nut
04-19-05, 03:56 PM

I agree, not about the old part!! I think these guys just surf the web to try and find the most obscure band to one up each other.

Austin Talent
Ian Moore Band (http://ianmoore.com)

Spicoli
04-19-05, 04:19 PM
I agree, not about the old part!! I think these guys just surf the web to try and find the most obscure band to one up each other.

Austin Talent
Ian Moore Band (http://ianmoore.com)

Wrong. Step away from the FM Radio. There is more to life than Steeley Dan.

and Crapus is the one who buys albums because they have cool names and junk. :gomer:

eiregosod
04-19-05, 04:38 PM
Alot of the new stuff has really turned the corner as far as "getting back to rock" goes. No more BS Boy Bands, Divas, Dance Troops, and Rap crap. Alot of innovation and refreshing saounds coming out these days.

trune into the above websites for aome free taste of the new stuff.

Sure has turned the tide. I see in my local supermarket, that there's more alternative music on sale. What's sold in supermarkets is what Joe Soap buys ;)

Pirate radio is the best place to pick up new music!

Wheel-Nut
04-19-05, 04:41 PM
Wrong. Step away from the FM Radio. There is more to life than Steeley Dan.

and Crapus is the one who buys albums because they have cool names and junk. :gomer:

:rofl: :rofl:

Ankf00
04-19-05, 07:34 PM
the cribs.

way fuggin cool.

werd. :thumbup:

yes, yes you are. :gomer:

Spicoli
04-19-05, 08:18 PM
the bravery - SloCal rock.

"tyrant"

Ankf00
04-19-05, 09:06 PM
for a manufactured band, the bravery's new cut is pretty good...

new gorillaz is up for "acquisition" prior to release ;)

and just for kicks since this is just a list of good acts now...

hot hot heat -vancouver
the kills -london
the raveonettes- copenhagen
the thermals- portland
tv on the radio- BROOKLYYYYYYYYYN
there's some new eels - socal
there's new destroyer too - vancouver (canadia's gots it goin on too)

w00t.

Spicoli
04-19-05, 09:22 PM
skateboarding is not a crime.

Ankf00
04-19-05, 11:57 PM
this is funny, Spicoli's got more street cred than AutoX-Boy :laugh: :gomer:

Wheel-Nut
04-20-05, 09:40 AM
You guys like that Constantine guy on A-I? He's pretty good!! :rofl: :D :rofl:

Spicoli
04-20-05, 12:29 PM
this is funny, Spicoli's got more street cred than AutoX-Boy :laugh: :gomer:

I have no Vespa.

Dirty Sanchez
04-21-05, 06:24 PM
street cred with who? his innernet pals? :laugh: when spicoli isn't babysitting he hangs out in applebees and crap. none of those bands has any staying power and that's cool I guess... but they are all doing the same kinda boring thing. whatever floats your boat though.

pelican, mastadon, the hidden hand, neurosis... music with balls :thumbup:

I saw the kills recently at the double door after hearing keep on your mean side (which was ok for a white stripes rip-off)... the live show was so hurting. put them in the lame bin now too.

Spicoli
04-21-05, 06:40 PM
street cred with who? his innernet pals? :laugh: when spicoli isn't babysitting he hangs out in applebees and crap. none of those bands has any staying power and that's cool I guess... but they are all doing the same kinda boring thing. whatever floats your boat though.

I saw the kills recently at the double door after hearing keep on your mean side (which was ok for a white stripes rip-off)... the live show was so hurting. put them in the lame bin now too.

Wow. somebody's jealous. :gomer:

Dirty Sanchez
04-21-05, 06:46 PM
Wow. somebody's jealous. :gomer:have fun rockin' out at the noodle :gomer:

skaven
04-21-05, 06:51 PM
from a Mastodon Review:

Maybe there exists a parallel world where the mighty mastodon kept on walking. And maybe, just maybe, that mastodon met a sabre-toothed tiger and maybe they had kids (work with me here). And those kids crossed over into our world, became human beings, moved to Atlanta, and formed a band. A great band whose raging, sodden hellfire now beckons you to warm yourself at its side throughout the impending winter months. A band whose crushing, odiferous, sodomizing blade dices like a Popeil cuisinart and runs you through with gruesome exactness until you beg for Remission. This band is Mastadon. Thank God for the miracles of crossbreeding.

http://pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/m/mastodon/remission.shtml

Spicoli
04-21-05, 07:01 PM
have fun rockin' out at the noodle :gomer:

What's the Noodle?

skaven
04-21-05, 07:02 PM
Oh yeah, I've never heard Mastodon, but it sounds great. Three members from "Today Is The Day" who were too "noisy" for me, but did, indeed, rock loud.

I saw British Sea Power last summer. Nice show. The band was wearing various stages of army/ naval uniforms and a bunch of us showed up with our own uniforms. I had my army jacket with the "Federal Drug Agency - Southwest Asian Heroin" patch (the words around a desert background with onion minarets and camels) that my friend found on eBay. The keyboardist often took a drum and wove through the crowd. Banging away deranged with his WW I helmet cocked on one side like his foxhole had been bombed one too many times. :D

Ankf00
04-21-05, 07:40 PM

sorry, I passed the pissed off teenage phase a while back, feel free to hang out there with your anti-social dressed in black teeny bopper buddies though :gomer:

Spicoli
04-21-05, 08:53 PM
sorry, I passed the pissed off teenage phase a while back, feel free to hang out there with your anti-social dressed in black teeny bopper buddies though :gomer:

:rofl:

You got him all wrong. It's all about tatooed ninjas and stoner metal. Toss in a little Eurotrash genderconfusion (Vespa, frosted hair. Blinky embracer) and you got "crapus- Stylee"

:gomer:

nrc
04-21-05, 09:05 PM
Your Favorite Band Sucks

Ankf00
04-21-05, 09:07 PM
:rofl:
\ Toss in a little Eurotrash genderconfusion (Vespa, frosted hair. Blinky embracer) and you got "crapus- Stylee"

throw in the leased 3 series and you have your typical Dallas yuppie :gomer:

Dirty Sanchez
04-21-05, 10:18 PM
sorry, I passed the pissed off teenage phase a while back, feel free to hang out there with your anti-social dressed in black teeny bopper buddies though :gomer:what did you listen to when you were a pissed off teenager? queen? :laugh: maybe you should try hooking up with a real live woman the next time you wanna tap into your feminine side and leave the brit "rock" alone.

until next time you and spicoli host cool-class (that pixies thread was especially choice... I really love learnin' about 15 year old bands :gomer: )

your favorite band most definitely sucks :thumbup:

Ankf00
04-21-05, 10:34 PM
what did you listen to when you were a pissed off teenager? queen? :laugh: maybe you should try hooking up with a real live woman the next time you wanna tap into your feminine side and leave the brit "rock" alone.

until next time you and spicoli host cool-class (that pixies thread was especially choice... I really love learnin' about 15 year old bands :gomer: )

your favorite band most definitely sucks :thumbup:

sorry, queen's more your generation...

bet you have a poster of white snake and warrant on your walls too :gomer:

Dirty Sanchez
04-21-05, 10:48 PM
sorry, queen's more your generation...

bet you have a poster of white snake and warrant on your walls too :gomer:nope... but I'm sure I spanked it to tawny kitaen when she was spread out on that jag. hair metal is weaksauce... it still has more balls than most of that nancyboy crap though.

1982? gimme an example of something that you rocked out to 4 years ago as a teenager.

Ankf00
04-21-05, 10:49 PM
music sucked utter balls 4 years ago.

mainstream **** at the time was more like Lateralus, rage, incubus, fuel, *shrug*

Dirty Sanchez
04-21-05, 10:56 PM
music sucked utter balls 4 years ago.

mainstream **** at the time was more like Lateralus, rage, incubus, fuel, *shrug*and now its great? :saywhat: in the grand scheme of things music in 2001 and 2005 isn't all that different dude. well, maybe popular music is, but I've always been lost on that crap anyway.

eiregosod
04-21-05, 10:57 PM
2001?

those were the days when Wheetus & Sum 41 ruled the roost!

Rock on! :thumbup:

Ankf00
04-21-05, 11:24 PM
2001?

those were the days when Wheetus & Sum 41 ruled the roost!

Rock on! :thumbup:

http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/pukey.gif :gomer:

and now its great? in the grand scheme of things music in 2001 and 2005 isn't all that different dude. well, maybe popular music is, but I've always been lost on that crap anyway.

no, the mainstream music still blows ass, nay, it's actually WORSE... the indie music is kicking however.

The Strokes came out my freshman year, lets see what else, gorillaz was kicking ass too, both those became big in the US a year later... our lady peace released that good album which was sandwiched between two albums of suck from them... the future is X rated was all over muchmusic at the time, before the advent of gayass MuchMusic USA, stp had come out with No. 4, rhcp was riding californication, foos were touring with em, u2 released all that you can't leave behind, pearl jam put out binaural the previous may or something, radiohead did Kid A and idlewild released their first along with Amnesiac a year later. belle & sebastien was in a funk at the time after the released of the boy with the arab strap and if you're feeling sinister... spoon was kicking ass the entire time, because, well, they are the ninja spirit in the form of a band, ie: alll kinds of kick ass. at the drive in was kicking at the time (they broke up soon after) as was cafe tacvba and plastallina mosh. Fuel put out tired and boring Something Like Human and Nickelback began their descent into the utter depths of Okieness, Canadian Okie that is, with Silver Side Up. Nsuck was finally dying out although unfortunately the britney christina debate raged on in my dorm for months on end. blood was shed, sacrifices were made, lives were forever changed... 311 put out some new **** and were rocking in fall of '01 at Austin Music hall, that was one badass show. and, well, SxSW always pwn3d... NIN was still touring for The Fragile spring of senior year in HS, and Perfect Circle was great as well, ben harper and jack johnson were releasing some good stuff and robert randolph always was the man.

all in all, way cooler than your 80's crap :gomer:

RusH
04-21-05, 11:42 PM

Wasn`t every decade better than the 80`s? This one here we live in is pretty sad though. :thumdown:

Ankf00
04-21-05, 11:46 PM
Wasn`t every decade better than the 80`s?:

it's kinda like with Dallas, the only ppl you'll hear defending 80's and/or Dallas are the ones from then/there :gomer:

eiregosod
04-21-05, 11:54 PM
80s music was terrible. I was exposed to the music as i had much older siblings. The music sucked.

That time was the begininning of an era when record companies realised that they could turn fashion models into musicians/pop acts. The producers could work their magic. Thats what we have and nothing has changed

skaven
04-21-05, 11:58 PM

I don't know about that. Big Black created the whole skinny white boy suburban rage thing in 1982. Sonic Youth was strong from their debut in '82 to Daydream Nation in '88. Forget Nirvana and Pearl Crap, 1988's Superfuzz Bigmuff by Mudhoney is all the sound you'll ever need from Seattle. Dinosaur Jr. had three of the best guitar albums ever - think Peter Frampton and Neil Young greatness. Check out 1986's "Living All Over Me." Husker Du, Mission of Burma, The Swans. Plus there was some mainstream music that didn't suck - Talking Heads, Police... but, yeah, most did suck.

The 1980's had some good music, you just had to look hard to find it. But with Sub Pop, Dischord, Wax Trax, Drag City, Alternative Tentacles, SST, Homestead, 4AD, you had the creation of a new industry that saved us from corporate rock.

eiregosod
04-22-05, 12:03 AM
The Swans :cool:

skaven
04-22-05, 12:04 AM
it's kinda like with Dallas, the only ppl you'll hear defending 80's and/or Dallas are the ones from then/there :gomer:

Hey Now... :gomer:

I'm not from the '80's. More from the 90's. I just happened to learn to appreciate the "founding fathers" of indie rock.

Some of them were "still there" when I went to school. :D

Dirty Sanchez
04-22-05, 12:07 AM
last comment... you mentioned indie music is kicking.

snow patrol - a&m records
the bravery - island
futureheads - sire
bloc party - atlantic
doves - emi
kasabian - rca
gomez - virgin
louis xiv - atlantic

gimme a break. they are just chumming the water with as much of this britpop crap as they can find. that doesn't mean the music sucks (I actually haven't listened to much of it) and if you enjoy it... fine. not my cuppa. but please don't pass it off as some kinda indie music revolution. you and spicoli are the marks the big record companies have their sights on.

"rock" on :gomer:

eiregosod
04-22-05, 12:13 AM
its 10 years since the last BritPop renaissance. That means there's a new breed of late teenagers who are looking for credibility and 'real' music to listen to. The big record companies are flooding the market with'indie' bands.

Ankf00
04-22-05, 12:27 AM

snow patrol - a&m records
the bravery - island
futureheads - sire
bloc party - atlantic
doves - emi
kasabian - rca
gomez - virgin
louis xiv - atlantic

gimme a break. they are just chumming the water with as much of this britpop crap as they can find. that doesn't mean the music sucks (I actually haven't listened to much of it) and if you enjoy it... fine. not my cuppa. but please don't pass it off as some kinda indie music revolution. you and spicoli are the marks the big record companies have their sights on.

"rock" on :gomer:

1. it's not on clear channel, yet anyways...
2. it's a list of stuff someone as 80's challenged as yourself might have come across, the **** can get more obscure, but then you'd suffer from culture shock and crawl up under your bed

-gomez has also released on ato and hut
-louis xiv debuted on pineapple and subsequently co-released with atlantic and pineapple on the next LP, the price of being good...
-snow patrol's first two were on jeepster before their release with universal,
-doves first two, lost soul and last broadcast were on heavenly, again, their sound didnt magically transform into some kind of Simple Plan or Mudvayne copycat now that they're on a major label, and i listened to lost soul and last broadcast before some cities came out
-yes, like i said, the bravery is manufactured, no one's denying it, it's just good, not as good as killers or franz, but listenable
-bloc party debuted on V2
-tv on the radio, touch & go
-british sea power, rough trade
-graham coxon's on transcopic but had one EMI release
-hot hot heat debuted on sub pop but are now sire
-raveonettes have been columbia the whole time however
-kaiser chiefs are universal
-the thermals are sub pop
-walkmen are star time and now record collection

so ya, the labels are going to keep pumping bands out like the bravery, just like with bush, creed, nickleback, but the original stuff is still out there, and still good, and these bands aren't selling out, as opposed the 180 degree turn nickelback took when they signed with a label

however, the "mainstream" **** is still mainly emo and nu-metal due to clear channel, although they're slowly shifting to the new-new wave and new brit rock

also, just because a band has a major label in the US, doesn't mean they didnt sign indie overseas before their jams collected enoguh respect to score an american record deal

skaven
04-22-05, 12:29 AM

Not sure if that was for me or ankh, but anyway... when I wrote "still there", it was using the running joke to say that Dinosaur Jr, Sonic Youth, Mudhoney, etc. were still playing (even though they had certainly peaked in the late '80s) by the time I went to college and could see them in the early '90's.

...not that indie rock is like it was.

Dirty Sanchez
04-22-05, 12:38 AM
my comment was directed at ank. his most recent post prolly told ya that though. you were dead on with the big black, sonic youth, mudhoney (superfuzzbigmuff is still deadly) lotsa goodness from the 80s actually.

btw, ank... I ain't trying to out-cool you cool kids. just wondering if ya ever listen to anything with balls? a simple "no" woulda sufficed :thumbup:

Ankf00
04-22-05, 01:59 AM
I don't know about that. Big Black created the whole skinny white boy suburban rage thing in 1982. Sonic Youth was strong from their debut in '82 to Daydream Nation in '88. Forget Nirvana and Pearl Crap, 1988's Superfuzz Bigmuff by Mudhoney is all the sound you'll ever need from Seattle. Dinosaur Jr. had three of the best guitar albums ever - think Peter Frampton and Neil Young greatness. Check out 1986's "Living All Over Me." Husker Du, Mission of Burma, The Swans. Plus there was some mainstream music that didn't suck - Talking Heads, Police... but, yeah, most did suck.

The 1980's had some good music, you just had to look hard to find it. But with Sub Pop, Dischord, Wax Trax, Drag City, Alternative Tentacles, SST, Homestead, 4AD, you had the creation of a new industry that saved us from corporate rock.

no doubt, my point being the stuff mostly pushed by the labels was trash, there was plenty of kick as 80's stuff, new order, cure, and the stuff you mentioned, and rem was kicking ass on IRS records the whole time :cool:

and if you haven't heard The Aracade Fire's Funeral, get it, cuz it has to be the best musical art of the past 2 years, or more. And it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread other than it's one kick ass disc.

Montreal's got it going on :cool:

Spicoli
04-22-05, 03:30 AM
my comment was directed at ank. his most recent post prolly told ya that though. you were dead on with the big black, sonic youth, mudhoney (superfuzzbigmuff is still deadly) lotsa goodness from the 80s actually.

btw, ank... I ain't trying to out-cool you cool kids. just wondering if ya ever listen to anything with balls? a simple "no" woulda sufficed :thumbup:

b b b but....

oh nevermind.

Spicoli
04-22-05, 03:33 AM
www.4ad.com

skaven
04-22-05, 09:31 PM
and if you haven't heard The Aracade Fire's Funeral, get it, cuz it has to be the best musical art of the past 2 years, or more. And it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread other than it's one kick ass disc.

Montreal's got it going on :cool:

Montreal does rock. But I beat you to this one... 2/3 down page 2 of your Coachella thread. Pay attention now. :p

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6640&page=2&highlight=music

Spicoli
04-23-05, 08:18 AM
www.yourfavoritebandsucks.com

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000068PQ0.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Ankf00
04-23-05, 12:48 PM
Montreal does rock. But I beat you to this one... 2/3 down page 2 of your Coachella thread. Pay attention now. :p

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6640&page=2&highlight=music

good discs can never get enough pimping, although, they did get tons of hype after the NYC music festival last year

Spicoli
04-23-05, 01:21 PM
http://publicity.rounder.com/images/rush/Rio.CD.COVER.jpg

Sure fire way to get over the overhang. :thumbup:

RTKar
04-23-05, 01:21 PM
God! am I out of the current "hip trendy" music loop...I used to read Q and everything..... As a CLASH fan, I do find the new skateboard punk thing kind of interesting. Social Distortion is good and RANCID has a few songs my 40 year old ears can handle, however my tastes just haven't kept up. ...hippy reggae bluegrass bands are where it's at... :p

Wheel-Nut
04-25-05, 10:02 AM
F R E E B I R D

skaven
04-27-05, 10:39 PM
www.yourfavoritebandsucks.com

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000068PQ0.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I've tried to decide if you actually like the Flaming Lips, or are mocking me saying I saw them at Coachella '04. But then I realized this is Spicoli, so it's gotta be mocking. :cool:

They have some pretty bad songs and their live shows haven't been so great either. They barely got through five songs at a Red Rocks show, having to stop repeatedly for technical issues.

However, the Soft Bulletin is a pretty great album, in a Pink Floyd way. The crashing, oversize drums remind me of Bonham at times, but even some of that album can get pretty week.

That's a cool site though, :gomer: in that you can stream audio and listen to albums. Which is good as I'm stuck on the Front Range with a hernia and my stereo in Eagle. Track 3 off SB is pretty nice, if you can make it to the four-minute mark.

Ankf00
04-27-05, 11:04 PM
so like, I can crash with you when I hit up winter park right? :D

and how about some trail riding?

skaven
04-27-05, 11:18 PM
The fiance and I are getting a place with 3 bedroooms, one for us, one for the office and a third for the guests that will suddenly appear during ski season. :D

We will be 15 minutes to Beaver Creek and 30 minutes to Vail. The Summit County resorts are on the other side of Vail Pass. From Vail you can see Steamboat and Copper. From Copper on to Breck, to Keystone, to A-Basin.

And the summers are even better ! ! ! :thumbup:

skaven
04-27-05, 11:40 PM
Trail riding. I've never done it, but you can get to Aspen, then Crested Butte on jeep roads from Eagle. I just talk about getting a motorcycle.

Ankf00
04-27-05, 11:44 PM
:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

:jealous:

RusH
04-27-05, 11:46 PM
http://publicity.rounder.com/images/rush/Rio.CD.COVER.jpg

Sure fire way to get over the overhang. :thumbup:

:D

either ya hate em or ya love em, that`s the way I like it :thumbup:

Spicoli
04-28-05, 06:40 AM
The fiance and I are getting a place with 3 bedroooms, one for us, one for the office and a third for the guests that will suddenly appear during ski season. :D

We will be 15 minutes to Beaver Creek and 30 minutes to Vail. The Summit County resorts are on the other side of Vail Pass. From Vail you can see Steamboat and Copper. From Copper on to Breck, to Keystone, to A-Basin.

And the summers are even better ! ! ! :thumbup:

Wanna be friends>?

I am longtimer on the Summit county/Vail County Berthoud/WP scene. Many many good days there.

And on the Flaming Lips: lol - yes, I DO like them, and like you find them hard to follow sometimes. The story of the band is pretty neat in of itsself - all the things they have been through, and all the changes. Definitely some gems among the bull****.

skaven
04-28-05, 10:48 AM
Wanna be friends>?

I am longtimer on the Summit county/Vail County Berthoud/WP scene. Many many good days there.

And on the Flaming Lips: lol - yes, I DO like them, and like you find them hard to follow sometimes. The story of the band is pretty neat in of itsself - all the things they have been through, and all the changes. Definitely some gems among the bull****.

D'at's cool. :)

My fiance lived in Sapporo for 10 months (learned to snowboard there) and has great Engrish. We call them the Framing Rips ! ! !

Next winter we can all hit the trees and watch Ankhh dig himself out of the powder. Silva can bring Pimpski along. :gomer:

Spicoli
04-28-05, 11:01 AM
D'at's cool. :)

My fiance lived in Sapporo for 10 months (learned to snowboard there) and has great Engrish. We call them the Framing Rips ! ! !

Next winter we can all hit the trees and watch Ankhh dig himself out of the powder. Silva can bring Pimpski along. :gomer:

That's funny.

Ank skiing? I would PAY to see that.

Should be out that way at least once next year. Biggie trip will be Taos next year me thinks.

skaven
04-28-05, 11:27 AM
That's funny.

Ank skiing? I would PAY to see that.

Should be out that way at least once next year. Biggie trip will be Taos next year me thinks.

Taos... I don't think they allow my type there (no snowboarding knuckle-draggers allowed on that mountain). I could bring a split board though. Get on the lift with my "skis." At the top, latch the board together, swivel the bindings and get one run in before they kick me off the mountain.

And I thought we were elitist wine and cheesers. ;)

Spicoli
04-28-05, 11:51 AM
Taos... I don't think they allow my type there (no snowboarding knuckle-draggers allowed on that mountain). I could bring a split board though. Get on the lift with my "skis." At the top, latch the board together, swivel the bindings and get one run in before they kick me off the mountain.

And I thought we were elitist wine and cheesers. ;)

split board rock. Or go MONOski?

Used to ride with a French duder named Serge who mono'd at Taos. Taos rocks. Drinkies for everyone. :winesnob:

Ankf00
04-28-05, 08:22 PM
I'm hoping to hit Taos next year too, seeing as it's the closest cool place to redneck land :gomer:

and my natural aerodynamic profile would whup you fools ;)

skaven
04-28-05, 08:45 PM
I'm hoping to hit Taos next year too, seeing as it's the closest cool place to redneck land :gomer:

and my natural aerodynamic profile would whup you fools ;)

Tear drop shaped like a Citroen? I always picture you kids as drooper drawer shaped, like an Aztec. :gomer:

Is that the motto in Taos, "closest cool place to redneck land?"

Ankf00
04-28-05, 09:04 PM
if it ain't yet, it will be soon.

Spicoli
04-29-05, 01:31 AM
if it ain't yet, it will be soon.
:thumbup:

Spicoli
04-29-05, 09:23 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0007WFYD4.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

extramundane
04-29-05, 12:20 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0007WFYD4.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

How appropriate. "No" is precisely what I say to every New Order record since Movement...

Spicoli
04-29-05, 02:22 PM
:mad:

hater.

extramundane
04-29-05, 03:02 PM
:mad:

hater.

More like "disliker" but maybe since they got rid of Gillian I'll give 'em another chance. It was nice to hear them doing "Love Will Tear Us Apart" on Jimmy Kimmel though. Peter Hook's still a badass.

linkage (http://www.neworderonline.com/Forums/MessageList.aspx?ThreadID=20548)

Spicoli
04-29-05, 05:08 PM
More like "disliker" but maybe since they got rid of Gillian I'll give 'em another chance. It was nice to hear them doing "Love Will Tear Us Apart" on Jimmy Kimmel though. Peter Hook's still a badass.

Peter Hook IS Badass!

http://www.performancephotography.com/zimg-p5/pf20010803/010803r07-05.jpg

Tuesday night Mother****ers! :thumbup:

Ankf00
04-29-05, 07:03 PM
trail of dead tonight, can't wait to watch them smash a buncha ****, their shows always rock :cool:

Ankf00
04-29-05, 08:59 PM

I just wanted an excuse to post this, nothing personal :)
http://subscribe.theonion.com/images/band_sucks_tshirt_black.gif

Ankf00
04-30-05, 03:41 AM
Trail of Dead ****ing rocked.
they smashed ****. a lot of ****, nay, they smashed EVERYTHING.
and they let everyone up on the stage to jump around for the final 2 songs :cool:
and tail, oh so much tail, proximity to SMU has its benefits ;)

Spicoli
04-30-05, 08:33 AM
and they let everyone up on the stage to jump around for the final 2 songs :cool:

This is good news. :dude:

extramundane
04-30-05, 10:21 AM

How was the opening band, The Sword? A couple of old acquaintances front that beast. I've yet to see them live, but I hear it's a thing of beauty.

skaven
04-30-05, 10:35 AM

Cool. :cool:

Did (international) Noise Conspiracy open? They are playing two shows in Colorado - Denver and Boulder. We are going to the Boulder show - proximity to CU has its benefits as well.

Ankf00
04-30-05, 11:51 AM
nay, the sword, the black, and octopus project opened, unfortunately i'm a wanker and made it out there an hour later than planned and the line was long so only made it in as the sword was leaving, couldn't tell you about how they were, sorry dude. octopus project was pretty funny, they were alright, like a go! team without the cheerleaders in the background and more of a raunchy crunchy sound, it wasn't so bad

Dirty Sanchez
04-30-05, 12:13 PM
Trail of Dead is pretty cool... Source Tags & Codes ruled. I heard from a few folks that their latest release is meh.

Kicking it old school tonight with Murphy's Law, Supersuckers and Reverend Horton Heat at the Metro. Ya know, bands I was rocking to while you were hangin' tough (http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000026DT.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg) :laugh:

Ankf00
04-30-05, 12:23 PM
horton heat rocks the house. women for some reason like to show him their breastseses.

and I was too young for hanging tough,t hat's more Joebob's generation ;) I'm the Backstreet's Back generation... http://www2.hornfans.com/wwwthreads/images/icons/pukey.gif The dude across from me in the dorm first year wanted to start an Nsuck dance group, then we downloaded this vid of a buncha Cork's and Harold's at UCLA doing the same thing all over campus and he felt super gay suddenly.

Worlds Apart is a decent album, I like the epic feel of the first tracks but Source Tags and Codes is definitely the ****.

Spicoli
04-30-05, 01:07 PM
Trail of Dead is pretty cool... Source Tags & Codes ruled. I heard from a few folks that their latest release is meh.

Kicking it old school tonight with Murphy's Law, Supersuckers and Reverend Horton Heat at the Metro. Ya know, bands I was rocking to while you were hangin' tough (http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000026DT.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg) :laugh:

Thanks for blogging. :)

Spicoli
05-02-05, 09:40 PM
New Order tomorrow night.

Hello Chicago!

Dirty Sanchez
05-02-05, 10:01 PM
what happened... they skip gomerland? :laugh:

I'll be at Mastadon tomorrow night instead :thumbup:

Ankf00
05-02-05, 10:11 PM
Kasabian will be in Chicago :cool:

Ankf00
05-03-05, 09:49 PM
Ryan Adams - Cold Roses, double disc set is $13 at Waterloo Records down here

****ing SOLID album. can't wait to see him in a month.

The Decemberists' new LP Picaresque is a great acoustic album too, the guy's got a great folksy sound and some witty lyrics

Spicoli
05-04-05, 04:20 PM
I partied it up with Opposite Lock and Mrs. Opposite Lock pre-show and during the show. VERY cool people, and last night I think I saw what will go down as THE BEST ****ing show I have ever seen. And I am old and have seen alot of concerts.

New Order was incredible.

I have to get some work done now.