PDA

View Full Version : 7G's new look

rabbit
02-28-03, 05:58 PM
http://www.seventhgear.com/

And you guys thought they were going to change the focus of the site.;)

turn1
02-28-03, 06:08 PM
My initial posting regarding this was pulled off!

Interesting isnt it?!

:eek:

Napoleon
02-28-03, 06:11 PM
this is too funny.

rabbit
02-28-03, 06:16 PM
From http://www.7thgear.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000352 ....

Author Topic: 7thgear.com?
G-P-R
Racer
Member # 4959

posted 02-24-2003 10:43 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
why is it when I type 7thGear.com I get a REALLY weird site, not related to cart at all? I type www.7thgear.com and I get this site.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAXAR RE
Champion
Member # 782

posted 02-24-2003 11:18 PM
Because the Internet and the World Wide Web are 2 different things, and not all websites are on both. I am guessing that 'grumpy kitty' is a squatter on the Internet using a local DNS broadcast, while www.7thgear.com is the legally registered domain on the World Wide Web (hence the www). 7thGear.com 'who is' info at NetSol

Hopefully Waxdragon can take this up with NEtwork Solutions or ICANN.

WaxDragon
Administrator
Member # 4244

posted 02-25-2003 03:35 PM
You guys are awesome.

But if MAXAR RE had done a lookup on the 'grumpy kitty' site, you would see that it is owned by me also. It's the placeholder domain for the server you are now on (I purchased this server about 8 months ago). You guys are getting that site due to some misconfigureation on my part. I will fix.

<background>
When you purchase a server at our host, it MUST have a domain pointed to it. So I had to register a domain name quicky, my first one every. While I was trying to think of a good name (waxdragon.net is taken, but not for too much longer), my cat kept meowing at me, wanting attention. 'grumpy p***y' is what I call my cat when he is, well, grumpy! So I went with that domain name, cuz it kinda sounds dirty, when it really isn't. Tidbit: The cat's eyes in the banner are actually my cats eyes.
</background>

So there.. ;0p

[ 02-25-2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: WaxDragon ]

nissan gtp
Racer
Member # 3664

posted 02-25-2003 04:05 PM
grumpy kitty ---- i love it

mexican
Front Runner
Member # 1350

posted 02-27-2003 04:54 AM
grumpy kitty?

is that like a P.O.d *****?

mexican
Front Runner
Member # 1350

posted 02-27-2003 04:55 AM
sorry.. P.O.d plytty plat

Aaron Irvine
Racer
Member # 900

posted 02-27-2003 12:19 PM
oh bugger....so behind the times I am. Anita is correct, I didn't make it here. But who does these days?

Still, looks mighty professional if you ask me.

Anita
Administrator
Member # 9

posted 02-27-2003 12:28 PM
Actually Aaron, a vast majority of people do make it here... as it's now pretty well known that if there is a question/comment about 7G and it's content - the Feedback forum is the place to post it.

WaxDragon
Administrator
Member # 4244

posted 02-27-2003 11:53 PM
http://7thgear.com now works correctly. Thanks to G-P-R and MAXAR RE. We'll call this closed.

Turn7
02-28-03, 06:46 PM
That made my day. :rofl:

WickerBill
02-28-03, 09:21 PM
It's fixed now; let's move on...

nrc
02-28-03, 11:48 PM
Note that while it was said that Tara was turning over "the reigns and ownership of 7G," the domain record for the site was just updated and she is still the owner.

turn1
03-01-03, 12:46 AM
I have a screen shot for anyone who is interested!