PDA

View Full Version : Newbs calling for Max's head over at the SCCA World Challenge board!

RacinM3
04-18-05, 07:52 PM
http://bbs.sccaproracing.com/cgi-bin/sccaproracingubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=003719

Apparently his last lap punt of leader Robin Liddell in yesterday's GT race didn't go over too well with some!

FCYTravis
04-18-05, 10:34 PM
You should have seen the guy on the official SCCA forums (http://www.scca.org/garage/forum/default.asp) calling all SCCA stewards morons.

"You are a Club Racing steward SCCA member since 1978! and you want to know what this has to do with club racing? This event was a SCCA event *-->***Grand Prix of Atlanta SCCA Pro Racing SPEED World Challenge GT Round Three race at Road Atlanta <--- This is exactly what is wrong with the sport!!! They have guys like you who are a-sleep at the switch as Club Racing Stewards ! If they had competent people in place,*idiots like MadMax would be fined so big he would think twice before he did something that*cheap and*stupid again! or better yet would be banned forever and made an example of for the rest of the up and coming drivers."

:rofl: :eek: :shakehead

Methanolandbrats
04-18-05, 10:57 PM
It's really funny to watch you meatflaps arguing about the SCCA. :D

Sean O'Gorman
04-18-05, 11:40 PM
One word to explain why I stay away from any and all SCCA-related forums:

Cole

If you think I beat a dead horse, go look up some of his posts on the sccaforum.com autocross forum. :cry:

rjohnson999
04-19-05, 12:09 AM
What else would you expect from a ring-tapping malcontent control-freak? :D

One word to explain why I stay away from any and all SCCA-related forums:

Cole

If you think I beat a dead horse, go look up some of his posts on the sccaforum.com autocross forum. :cry:

nrc
04-19-05, 12:45 AM
I'm not sure what to make of the deal with Papis. It looked like he was trying to get the best possible exit out of the corner and the Porsche just didn't go.

chop456
04-19-05, 01:37 AM
It looked to me like it was WSC all over again and he thinks the track is his own personal bumper car venue.

Typical.

oddlycalm
04-19-05, 05:26 AM
I'm not sure what to make of the deal with Papis. It looked like he was trying to get the best possible exit out of the corner and the Porsche just didn't go. Yeah, it was almost like Lidell missed a shift or something. From the in-car it looked like Lidell passed the apex then moved a bit to the right and slowed.

oc

RacinM3
04-19-05, 09:25 AM
I posted this in the other World Challenge thread....I think Liddell was covering the inside line, but you're right, regardless of that, he came off the apex first, and should have been back on the throttle before Max, even if he made a mistake. It looked almost as if he parked. Combine that with Papis wanting to get a good run off the corner and taking the normal line, Max was hard on the throttle. I don't know that anyone could have anticipated Liddell slowing that much. That's why I say it was an unavoidable contact for Papis.

Too bad, but the right guy won the race. Papis was all over Liddell the last two laps, but Liddell definitely deserved the second spot on the podium.

Papis was fined $5,000 and docked 10 points, but was allowed to keep the win.

spinner26
04-19-05, 10:38 AM
Too bad, but the right guy won the race. Papis was all over Liddell the last two laps, but Liddell definitely deserved the second spot on the podium.

Papis was fined $5,000 and docked 10 points, but was allowed to keep the win.

Exactly! Watch it again, Max was blocked going into the turn Liddell took the low line through the corner never got back on it, thus continuing to block and Mad Max gave him the 'ol chrome horn. It's b.s. he loses the money and the points. Bet Liddell don't do it again.

Jervis Tetch 1
04-19-05, 04:31 PM
Max in the news. What a concept!

extramundane
04-19-05, 04:36 PM
SWC GT needs Max Papis more than Max Papis needs SWC GT. :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
04-19-05, 10:46 PM
Having finally gotten to watch the race,here is my take:

Watching those last couple of laps, I got the impression that Papis was way faster than Liddell and it seemed like he was sandbagging. I thought he could've easily passed Liddell under clean conditions had that not happened, and he probably would've had him in T1 if it wasn't for the local yellow brought out by one of the many wankers in the Vipers. You can hear Max lift when Liddell comes off the corner slowly, so I don't know how much more he could've done.

Still, Papis is a dick and I would've docked points for that if I was in charge. :D

mapguy
04-20-05, 06:19 AM
It looked to me like it was WSC all over again and he thinks the track is his own personal bumper car venue.

Typical.

:thumbup: word

spinner26
04-20-05, 09:25 AM
I didn't do the math but it is my take now that 90% of you would approve of the move if it were anyone other than Max Papis. No? :cry: :cry: :rolleyes:

mapguy
04-20-05, 09:31 AM
I didn't do the math but it is my take now that 90% of you would approve of the move if it were anyone other than Max Papis. No? :cry: :cry: :rolleyes:

No. :shakehead

nrc
04-20-05, 11:07 AM

I don't see that at all. A poll seems in order.