PDA

View Full Version : Robby Gordon Futility Watch: Lone Star Edition

FCYTravis
04-17-05, 04:09 PM
Apparently them Texans don't take too well to that highfalutin Jim Beam stuff.

"Having a decent run, just one lap down."

Then he wanked himself into the wall in Turn 2 on Lap 240.

Hey, look on the bright side, Robby: At least your Menards engine didn't blow up :rofl:

trish
04-17-05, 04:43 PM
Huge crowd.

DaveL
04-17-05, 05:23 PM
Then he wanked himself into the wall in Turn 2 on Lap 240.

Hey, look on the bright side, Robby: At least your Menards engine didn't blow up :rofl:

If it isn't the one, it's going to be the other. Either he wrecks before his Menard powerplant can blow, the or the Menard blows before he can wreck.

cart7
04-17-05, 05:28 PM
Then one could say the entire Robby Gordon Nascar effort blows every week. :gomer:

jcollins28
04-20-05, 07:08 PM
Robby's Engine's more power coming?: a highly placed source close to Robby Gordon's #7 team has admitted that John Menard's engine shop in England, which supplies engines to Gordon's Cup and Busch efforts, has "found something" which definitely will allow their engines to produce more horsepower and turn people's heads – especially those at Hendrick Motorsports, whose Chevy engines are currently best in class. FYI: Menard's engine works is a former F1 engine manufacturer that was used to build race engines capable of running more than 17,000 rpm and producing 1,200 horsepower. Was there any question they would get a Cup motor right? Now we know why Gordon has been so adamant about hanging in there with Menard.(Yahoo Sports)(4-18-2005)

Hmm what do you guys think this "something" is? And why is Menards finding this "something" and not RCR.DEI or Hendrick?

Al Czervik
04-20-05, 07:16 PM
Hmm what do you guys think this "something" is? And why is Menards finding this "something" and not RCR.DEI or Hendrick?

Hidden Nitrous bottle? Special 4-cam heads? AJ's old pop-off valve?

Sean O'Gorman
04-20-05, 07:51 PM
"Oh wait, we can't put an F1 motor in a Cup car." :gomer:

indyfan31
04-20-05, 07:54 PM
The biggest (and dumbest) problem I see is that the engine shop is on the wrong side of the Atlantic Ocean.

JohnHKart
04-20-05, 08:23 PM
The biggest (and dumbest) problem I see is that the engine shop is on the wrong side of the Atlantic Ocean.

Yes I've never heard of a cup team doing something like this. What's next? Is about as smart as this: Remember when Geoff Bodine used Bob Glidden to build cup motors....Kaboom.

John

DagoFast
04-20-05, 09:06 PM
Hey, it IS possible for a Menard motor to not blow up. Not likely, but possible.

Al Sr. made it 500 miles with a Buick. Once.

Ankf00
04-20-05, 09:17 PM
funny how I didnt even notice that race in town last weekend :D apparently a buncha hornfans were chompin at the bit for it, yet i heard maybe one radio blurb and thought it was for the motoX race that came through earlier this month