PDA

View Full Version : IROC

Railbird
04-15-05, 09:22 PM
http://www.serie-cart.com/photos/Sebastien-Bourdais.jpg

Night Train
04-15-05, 09:25 PM
woot! what a job keeping the inside lane closed!

TRDfan
04-15-05, 09:35 PM
Best part of the race....Kenny Wallace never saying "Bourdais", he just kept calling him Sebastien.

devilmaster
04-15-05, 10:18 PM
Dang! I missed the race!

Replay is at 1:30 am ET on speed....

manic mechanic
04-15-05, 10:43 PM
I can just see the headline:

"Bubba" Bourdais beats up the field... :thumbup:

For a guy who has been on very few ovals, he kicked @zz!

manic

rabbit
04-15-05, 11:10 PM
:cool::thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
04-15-05, 11:17 PM
Cool stuff. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Jervis Tetch 1
04-15-05, 11:29 PM
Maybe now the idiots of the world will take notice the man's a racer. And even if they don't they can go straight to hell. :p

Way to go Sea Bass!

SteveH
04-16-05, 12:05 AM
I'm beginning to think we are witnessing something special with Sebastian. Smooth and smart. He rarely makes a mistake. Last week at LBGP he was content to sit in 4th for the first third of the race, knowing the race was yet to come. The best always seem to be able to do that. Think Rick Mears. His demeanor probably keeps him from getting much attention. Too bad, he does his talking on the track. :thumbup:

mapguy
04-16-05, 12:28 AM
Too bad PT didn't get the chance to do IROC in '94..... :(

chop456
04-16-05, 06:46 AM
I'm beginning to think we are witnessing something special with Sebastian. Smooth and smart. He rarely makes a mistake. Last week at LBGP he was content to sit in 4th for the first third of the race, knowing the race was yet to come. The best always seem to be able to do that. Think Rick Mears. His demeanor probably keeps him from getting much attention. Too bad, he does his talking on the track. :thumbup:

And in the last 4 years:

F3000
FIA GT (LMES?)
2(?) F1 gigs
Le Mans
ALMS
ROC
IROC
Grand Am
Champ Car
Indy

If anyone can think of more, please add them.

Audi_A4
04-16-05, 09:36 AM
it's more of a shame PT didn't do IROC in '04 :gomer:

mueber
04-16-05, 09:45 AM
Of course there is no talent in Champ Car anymore, so especially if you are a NASCAR driver, this is REALLY embarrassing.

Nice job!

Racewriter
04-16-05, 01:28 PM
But I thought IROC wasn't a measure of talent, according to ChampCar fans? ;)

Seriously, I didn't get to watch the race, but I talked to some people who did. They said he looked good and drove a fine race. Congrats to him and to ChampCar.

Beevis
04-16-05, 01:30 PM
What was the crowd's reaction to a "French sissy" beating their beloved NASCAR guys? Tons of flying garbage?

DaveL
04-16-05, 02:02 PM
Seriously, I didn't get to watch the race, but I talked to some people who did. They said he looked good and drove a fine race. Congrats to him and to ChampCar.

Hey R-Dub, I thought them thar rootee pooh formula road racers couldn't cut it against them short track bred oval trackers. :D

rabbit
04-16-05, 04:29 PM
“This is a win for everyone from open wheel racing.” (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=8912)

Peter Venkman
04-16-05, 05:42 PM

Hey, he's won the Indy 500, no matter what the idiot grandson says.

cart7
04-16-05, 09:39 PM
Normally I skip those races but I suppose I'll tune in to see if Seabass can kick some more Nascar ***. Way to go Frenchy!! :thumbup:

JT265
04-16-05, 10:15 PM
Frooty cupper. Hell, he don't even chew tabaccy. :gomer:

NOTE: The above was made in gest, for those that are humor-challenged.

:D

Ziggy
04-16-05, 10:46 PM
Too early to compare him to Mears.

Different time, different series really

That being said, Sebastian stands on the gas while thinking. Crashing at Milwaulkee last year is about the only blot on his copy book. I know this, I will pay money to watch him work, and enjoy doing it!

Keep up the good work SeaBass. Don't go getting all ovalcentric on us!

Napoleon
04-17-05, 09:17 AM
:thumbup:

Paintergeek
04-17-05, 09:49 AM
"Bourdais became the first foreign-born driver to win a race in the International Race of Champions since 1992 (Geoff Brabham, Michigan)"

Railbird
04-17-05, 11:12 AM
To win on that slanted of a playing field is particularly impressive.

nrc
04-17-05, 12:10 PM
To win on that slanted of a playing field is particularly impressive.

Yeah, Seabass doesn't have much experience on the high banks. :gomer:

Joelski
04-17-05, 01:47 PM
Give Kermy an extra 1,500 on the rev limiter and then get all the rednecks stirred up with French Anti-Murican propaganda! Perfect! :gomer:

TravelGal
04-17-05, 05:50 PM

I've been writing since the first time I saw him take the first turn in the late and lamented St. Pete, that this guy has it. I don't know how to describe it or even put my finger on it, but when I saw how he handled that car, I said OUT LOUD, "Uh Oh." And what I meant was "here's trouble for my favorite drivers."

Yes, he got rattled easily that year. And he can still get pretty pizzed during a race. Listening to his scanner frequency is an experience. But he's the real deal as far as I can see.

He certainly is no PT or Jimmy when it comes to handling the media but if you walk up to him at an appropriate time to say something, he is VERY welcoming and pleasant.

I doubt he'll ever been my favorite driver. But I sure do admire the goods.

rosawendel
04-18-05, 08:07 AM
they had a clip on wind tunnel of him screaming something in french after the race. does anyone have a clip of that? my fiancee speaks french.

Racing Truth
04-18-05, 12:12 PM
“This is a win for everyone from open wheel racing.” (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=8912)

Indeed. :thumbup:

pchall
04-18-05, 01:43 PM
they had a clip on wind tunnel of him screaming something in french after the race. does anyone have a clip of that? my fiancee speaks french.

I think that translated into the long form of "FTG". ;) :p :D :rofl: