PDA

View Full Version : Almost a week

Spicoli
04-15-05, 03:33 PM
And no denials from Honda or Yoda. Only the EARL propogandaists are talking.

Rome is burning folks. Pop open a cold one and watch. :D

Don Quixote
04-15-05, 04:31 PM
Doesn't get much better than this. :cool: :thumbup:
Stayed tuned for new versions of the vision.

Michaelhatesfans
04-15-05, 05:07 PM
Rome is burning folks.
I'm going to scoot up really close, to keep my feet warm. :thumbup:

FTG
04-15-05, 05:41 PM
Just cracked open a cold one.

Newtpal
04-15-05, 06:51 PM
And no denials from Honda or Yoda. Only the EARL propogandaists are talking.

Rome is burning folks. Pop open a cold one and watch. :D

What about Ganassi, has he opened his fat mouth? I remember the last time he was rumored to be leaving he came back with a bunch of denials right away.

On another note, do you think he ever visits the city of Chicago anymore?

Railbird
04-15-05, 07:08 PM
Not everyone is staying silent on this matter

Penske's response (http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=182013&FS=ALMS-LEMANS)

Al Czervik
04-16-05, 12:17 AM
For good or for bad, it appears that FRP and FCG realize that they are not welcome in the new Champ Car!

That is, unless they do a very serious mea culpa.

trauma1
04-18-05, 09:31 AM
her's more on yoda's bail out, 98 mil down the sewer, also i heard Hoosier is going to do a tire test at IMS, no one has said for what series, but firestone wants to go with yoda to neckcar also

Toyota is getting closer to a Nextel Cup effort, according to sources, who say taht [sic] it's only a matter of time before Toyota executives finally pull the plug on their $98-million-a-year Indy Racing League operation and begin moving that cash to NASCAR, first for a Busch effort in 2006. Johnny Benson is reported to be set to test a Toyota Busch car at Michigan soon and at an unnamed short track.(Winston Salem Journal)(4-18-2005)"

Plus

"Bridgestone to join Toyota? There is a new twist to the Toyota-NASCAR game plan: according to sources Toyota is already testing NASCAR-style tires for Bridgestone-Firestone, with the implication that when Toyota does step up to the Nextel Cup series, it plans to do so with Bridgestone-Firestone. Since Goodyear has an exclusive contract with NASCAR, the questions are obvious - are Toyota and Bridgestone going to challenge that exclusivity, or is NASCAR going to open up the Cup tour to competition between the two tire giants?(Winston Salem Journal)(4-18-2005)"

Spicoli
04-18-05, 09:40 AM
her's more on yoda's bail out, 98 mil down the sewer, also i heard Hoosier is going to do a tire test at IMS, no one has said for what series, but firestone wants to go with yoda to neckcar also

Toyota is getting closer to a Nextel Cup effort, according to sources, who say taht [sic] it's only a matter of time before Toyota executives finally pull the plug on their $98-million-a-year Indy Racing League operation and begin moving that cash to NASCAR, first for a Busch effort in 2006. Johnny Benson is reported to be set to test a Toyota Busch car at Michigan soon and at an unnamed short track.(Winston Salem Journal)(4-18-2005)"

Plus

"Bridgestone to join Toyota? There is a new twist to the Toyota-NASCAR game plan: according to sources Toyota is already testing NASCAR-style tires for Bridgestone-Firestone, with the implication that when Toyota does step up to the Nextel Cup series, it plans to do so with Bridgestone-Firestone. Since Goodyear has an exclusive contract with NASCAR, the questions are obvious - are Toyota and Bridgestone going to challenge that exclusivity, or is NASCAR going to open up the Cup tour to competition between the two tire giants?(Winston Salem Journal)(4-18-2005)"

good finds.

FTg done got his back against the wall. :gomer:

nrc
04-18-05, 09:42 AM
are Toyota and Bridgestone going to challenge that exclusivity, or is NASCAR going to open up the Cup tour to competition between the two tire giants?(Winston Salem Journal)(4-18-2005)"
It's a contract so I don't think there's any challenging it. The question is, when does the contract come up again?

trauma1
04-18-05, 10:03 AM
goodyears contract ends after this year, so firestone and BF goodrich are in the picture, neckcar has been unhappy with goodyear over tire failure lately

Jervis Tetch 1
04-18-05, 10:12 AM
Watching FTG squirm is going to be great.

Brickman
04-18-05, 10:34 AM

Plus

goodyears contract ends after this year, so firestone and BF goodrich are in the picture, neckcar has been unhappy with goodyear over tire failure lately

Now this is just plain funny.

NASCAR is more than happy with Goodyear.

There would be nothing but turmoil if they had head to head competition between Goodyear and Firestone. Even Firestone going to NASCAR at the same time as Toyota would create problems.

The Hoosier tire test would probably be for IPS cars.

I think Toyota would only stay in the IRL if they could do it cheaply.

SteveH
04-18-05, 10:39 AM

There would be nothing but turmoil if they had head to head competition between Goodyear and Firestone. Even Firestone going to NASCAR at the same time as Toyota would create problems.

From this article (http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_BasicArti cle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031782204825&path=%21sports&s=1037645509200)

There is a new twist to the Toyota-NASCAR game plan: according to sources Toyota is already testing NASCAR-style tires for Bridgestone-Firestone, with the implication that when Toyota does step up to the Nextel Cup series, it plans to do so with Bridgestone-Firestone. Since Goodyear has an exclusive contract with NASCAR, the questions are obvious - are Toyota and Bridgestone going to challenge that exclusivity, or is NASCAR going to open up the Cup tour to competition between the two tire giants?

pchall
04-18-05, 10:50 AM
NASCAR is completely "anti-competition" for purely commercial reasons. If Bridgestone/Firestone pays them enough they will become the exclusive supplier.

DagoFast
04-18-05, 10:51 AM

Yea Brick! I mean Nascar is SOOOoo loyal huh? Yep, watching them cars burn that '76 gas on ESPN at Darlington on Labor day.... Yee Haa!

Brickman
04-18-05, 10:55 AM
From this article (http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_BasicArti cle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031782204825&path=%21sports&s=1037645509200)

Well... does it make sense that only Toyota testing would be using Firestone? That they would get a jump on the tires? Nah... sounds like a paranoid race writer who's unsure of his world with Toyota in stock cars. IMHO

People who pay no attention to "Neckcar" are salivating a pool because they think that Firestone going Cup racing would be detrimental to Indy Car. But not Champ Cars with practically the same tire?

Now if the tested Firestones with Richard Childress rather than just a Toyota team I would tend to believe it. We all know NASCAR likes to get HIGH prices from fans, TV, beer, etc. But Firestone bid higher last go around and Winston Cup chose Goodyear. I don't think they would do wrong by going with either.

Brickman
04-18-05, 10:57 AM
Yea Brick! I mean Nascar is SOOOoo loyal huh? Yep, watching them cars burn that '76 gas on ESPN at Darlington on Labor day.... Yee Haa!

76 left, they weren't booted.

Brickman
04-18-05, 11:00 AM
NASCAR is completely "anti-competition" for purely commercial reasons. If Bridgestone/Firestone pays them enough they will become the exclusive supplier.

They offered to pay more last time Goodyears contract was up. They didn't take the offer. Goodyear's contract is thru 2007.

Brickman
04-18-05, 11:04 AM
Here is Miller's take from 2004

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/nascar/13534/

Spicoli
04-18-05, 11:09 AM
Thread Hijack complete!

:gomer:

to date - only Cheep has said "toyota is not leaving"

...right now....this week.....officially......did i say that...

Steve99
04-18-05, 03:57 PM
Doesn't get much better than this. :cool: :thumbup:
Stayed tuned for new versions of the vision.
I think the next vision version involves a spec engine.